• screwball08247 - September 17, 2011 12:42 p.m.

I love when Mikel does historical articles, they're always a great read.
  • therawski - September 16, 2011 3:13 p.m.

Current Affair Sound FXs!!! Great article wikiparez, but what about the guerrilla factions fighting for freedom on mars!?
  • evillibrarian - September 15, 2011 4:42 p.m.

I don't think The Saboteur belongs on this list. It's clearly a pulp piece and, unlike Assassin's Creed, doesn't attempt to present any part of itself as fact. It'd be like putting "Inglorious Basterds" on a "Least Historically Accurate WWII Movie" list...if that makes sense, at all. My two cents!
  • CitizenWolfie - September 15, 2011 2:09 a.m.

It's not the historical inaccuracies in Assassin's Creed that I find hard to believe - it's the fact that you can kill major religious leaders in view of 100 guards. And they can then forget what you - visibly armed to the teeth, conspicuously running around on rooftops, mysterious hooded figure in suspiciously bloody but otherwise more extravagant garments than the entire population - look like after "blending" into a crowd. Man I love Assassin's Creed.
  • CitizenWolfie - September 15, 2011 2:12 a.m.

Oh wait, that's pretty much exactly what the article says. Facepalm at myself.
  • Kovitlac - September 14, 2011 5:58 a.m.

I have to chuckle at the inclusion of Assassin's Creed. Even reading the article, the first thing I thought was, "damn, the assassins in-game certainly sound a LOT like the real-life Hashashins!" Who cares if they didn't escape in the same exact manner? That's seriously the biggest historical blunder in the game? As far as games as a whole are concerned, AC is 'extremely' aware of it's historical accuracy. I know this is meant to be a 'fun' article - I'm certainly not enraged or anything. But I am surprised that AC was mentioned at all. Hell, even the article stated that 'Nothing is True - Everything is Permitted' WAS EVEN USED IN REAL LIFE O.o If anything, I'd expect that to be the biggest embellishment.
  • SolidEye - September 14, 2011 2:29 a.m.

You forgot pretty much every game with ninjas in it. (With Tenchu maybe being the exception). They weren't just assassins, they actually DID ninjutsu. Not the karate/somersaulting crap we see in most portrayal of them in most media.
  • quincytheodore - September 13, 2011 8:25 p.m.

Ah Shadow of Rome, where the mighty Roman soldiers fell for banana peel, many of them... I like the game though, its Salvo mechanism was like mini-achievement, rewarding players for creative murders with in-game applause. Slash off an enemy's arm, broke the other one, stalked him until he peed, finish him off with horizontal slash a from massive weapon, literally cutting him in half, geyser of blood ensued while his top half flew, then picked up his limb and yelled to the crow. YYaaayy~~!! How many games let you do that?
  • D0CCON - September 13, 2011 5:31 p.m.

Great history lesson, bro.
  • Money - September 13, 2011 5:14 p.m.

I totally remember hearing about the chimera attacking us in 1950
  • ObliqueZombie - September 13, 2011 4:57 p.m.

Mikel, you're too smart. Get off here, so I feel less dumb. Also: FanTASTIC article. I learned a lot, and enjoyed it. This is, arguably, the most "intelligent" article on this site. Plus, you used Wikipedia. You're my hero. Keep up the good work!
  • Guinnessmonkey - September 13, 2011 4:18 p.m.

Guess the Templars got to GR....
  • EBAX1 - September 13, 2011 4 p.m.

I remember Bladestorm, I didnt think anyone else had ever played it. That game is awesome, Controlling a pack of elephants to mow down thousands of enemy soldiers may not have been realistic, but it was fun as hell
  • DaveGoose - September 13, 2011 3:13 p.m.

Great Top 7 Mr. Raparaz!
  • UsernameLoser - September 13, 2011 2:50 p.m.

GR IS IN CAHOOTS WITH CAPCOM. HOW COULD YOU NOT MENTION MEGAMAN. IT TOOK PLACE AT SOME POINT IN THE LAST DECADE.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - September 13, 2011 2:43 p.m.

This is really interesting, I had no idea that the Assassin's were like that.
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - September 13, 2011 1:36 p.m.

Didn't you already do this?