• AshLynx - March 26, 2012 2:54 p.m.

No More Heroes 1 and 2. Especially 2. I played the game for hours on release, went to class the next going wondering the entire time "why does my right arm hurt so much?" and didn't connect the dots until I got back to the dorm and went "let's fire up NMH2.....oh wait....dammit"
  • FanofSaiyan - March 26, 2012 2:25 p.m.

Any of the portable Guitar Hero games will leave you with tendonitis. Also a few of the Guitar Hero arcade machines I've played have extremely heavy controllers, making it a pain to play.
  • D0CCON - March 26, 2012 1:53 p.m.

I love your pic of how you hold the 3DS to play Kid Icarus because that is EXACTLY the same hand position I use to play DS games that require one hand to hold it and one hand to tap stuff. However, it was easier with a DSi. I haven't tried it with the heavier 3DS and I imagine it will be painful when I do.
  • darnell-l-armstrong - March 26, 2012 12:07 p.m.

Anyone ever hear about the painstation? The whole point was to physically hurt your opponent.....youtube it....
  • shebbymanunited - March 26, 2012 12:07 p.m.

that Battlefield 3 "thing-a-magig" is really impressive... but actually getting shot with paintballs!!? at close range!!??? everytime u get shot!!?? thats just nuts
  • archnite - March 26, 2012 6:03 p.m.

I wonder what would happen if you played MW1 up to the part where you die from the nuke.. .
  • avantguardian - March 27, 2012 12:50 a.m.

man, if you think the camping's bad now, wait until people are actually shitting themselves with fear;)
  • BladedFalcon - March 26, 2012 11:51 a.m.

I realize that it's too generalized to single out any particular game. But playing any 2D fighting game with the d-pad of any control is pure pain in the long run XD a few hours and your thumbs will feel sore, a couple days and you'll have seriously painful blisters XD And yeah... don't care if it would hurt, playing an FPS with that set up would be bad ass. And at least the pain of getting shout would break the monotony of the actual game play...
  • NanoElite666 - March 26, 2012 10:28 a.m.

Trying to play Metroid Prime Hunters on DS makes my hand start to cramp up after a while, mostly because I end up having to hold the system in a way not unlike the one described under the Kid Icarus entry.
  • PevMaster - March 26, 2012 8:40 a.m.

I don't like the new way Top 7s are presented, by the way. it's a chore to navigate them.
  • Mcan50 - March 26, 2012 10:02 a.m.

^ Agree! Nothing like scrolling down to read whichever number you are on, but when you are ready to move on to the next one you have to scroll back up to hit next.
  • LuketheJuke24 - March 26, 2012 11:56 a.m.

Yeah, it would be cool if there was a "next" button on the bottom.
  • jmcgrotty - March 27, 2012 11:42 p.m.

Better than that bullcrap Top 7 in video format they tried once.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 26, 2012 8:13 a.m.

I remember that simulator! I got to show it off to my Journ 101 class, and it was great fun. Great piece of machinery, that. I'd hate to play it, though--those paintballs look horrendous.
  • H2A2I00 - March 26, 2012 7:24 a.m.

I would so play that simulated version of Battlefield 3. That looks incredible and it would give you a damn good reason to play smarter and maybe even actually work with the players you are teamed up with so that you want eat paintball every 5 seconds.
  • Darkhawk - March 26, 2012 7:21 a.m.

I can't believe you overlooked Mario Party. Hell, Nintendo even had to issue an apology and distribute "Mario gloves" to every MP owner in America just to avoid a lawsuit. The problem? Minigames that required rapid spinning of the N64 analog stick, thus encouraging competitors to use the palm of their hands for the fastest speed, thus giving 1000s of children around the world major skin trauma when they inevitably ripped their palms open. (I know I did.) Here's the original news story: http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040_3-237808.html
  • RODTheMaster - March 26, 2012 8:18 a.m.

+1 for Mario Party. My palms have never been the same.
  • Ariaka - March 26, 2012 10:58 a.m.

Definitely. Same for Paper Mario, with the <redacted> boss who you could only beat using your partner's power-- which involved spinning the stick a lot of times. I ended up with tendonitis after that one.
  • Redeater - March 26, 2012 12:23 p.m.

You get a banana sticker sir. Mario Party 1 was hell on your palms. It was even worse if you were old enough to make a drinking game out of it with friends!
  • espenrio - March 26, 2012 4:52 p.m.

Definitely, I was going through the whole time wondering when they were going to mention Mario Party, but no. Although it probably wasn't included because the track game had a very similar issue.