• melissam2256 - April 17, 2012 7:21 p.m.

Garrus to me was always a best friend, when you romance him he seems like he never considered it and makes it very awkward. My first choice will always be Thane!
  • josh-horvath - April 18, 2012 6:29 a.m.

but with thane you have that whole thing with his son. i doubt you can have a discussion with him without kolyat being brought up in some way.
  • goodchaos - April 17, 2012 7:19 p.m.

~OH ~Garrus<3 How I Love Thee<3<3<3 Swooon!
  • TehTDK - April 17, 2012 7:16 p.m.

Where is Miranda from ME2, Liara from ME1-2 and 3 etc :P. I digged most of the chicks from that game. But Liara and Tali is my primaries, simply because Tali is so fragile and vulnerable and Liara for going from tender and gentle, to a bit hard and cold, and to refind her gentler bits again, but not entirely loosing it.
  • halcyondayz - April 17, 2012 6:44 p.m.

Technically you could probably fill this whole list up with Mass Effect characters, but Garrus is definitely deserving of number one. He's a character everyone loves, I think. Even my younger brother acknowledges Garrus and his Shepard's bromance.
  • Doofe2012 - April 17, 2012 4:26 p.m.

I definitely think they got the number 1 spot right. I've never played a series that creates such an emotional attachment to the characters the way Mass Effect does. Honestly, all of the spots could have been taken up by Liara, Tali, Kaidan, Miranda, Wrex, Garrus, and Shepard him/herself. They're all that well-written, but Garrus really takes the cake. He's the ultimate bro for the males and the sexy, caring badass for the females.
  • king-ofchennai - April 17, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Did any of you play the 2007 Prince of Persia reboot. Elika was one i loved to have around simply because she always catches you when you fell :) Second place : Nariko from Heavenly Sword.
  • stephen-kidwell - April 17, 2012 3:10 p.m.

Got to say I'm glad to see so much Mass Effect love(one of the best series' I've played & I've been gaming for a while) but as a guy(and colossal geek) I'd have to go with Liara or Tali(played through first 2 games way back and went w/ both) both have such rich history & interesting personas I have to cast a dual vote on this one. Samara is pretty kick ass as well.
  • SCndZ - April 17, 2012 3:07 p.m.

sry fr triple post, system sucks
  • TwinHallow - April 17, 2012 3:03 p.m.

Yeah I would have Garrus as #1 too he was like my side kick in the games and im not surprised that a Mass Effect Character is #1 since the game makes you creat a bond with the characters
  • SCndZ - April 17, 2012 3:03 p.m.

Even though Zack is just a copy of the whiny little b*tch that was Cloud but with dark hairs, I still had a hard time keeping myself from starting to cry like a baby in the middle of my class (I was in my last year of high school) when he died and, ever since then, the song "price of freedom" brings me to tears, even after all those years.
  • SCndZ - April 17, 2012 3 p.m.

I don't know what it is about Zack from FF7; after all, he's just Cloud with dark hairs, but when I played Crisis Core, it was back in high school, I finished the game in class and I must say that, when he finally died, I had a hard time keeping myself from crying like a baby. The only character which had this effect on me is John Marston. When Aerith died, I didn't even care that much, and, even though I thought that Cloud was just a little whiny little b*tch, it still brings me to tears whenever I hear the song "price of freedom", even though its been 4 years that I haven't played this game
  • QueDarkRose - July 24, 2013 10:29 a.m.

Cloud and Zack are NOT the same. They don't even look alike. Zack is Cloud's mentor. Just because Cloud got infused with Zack's memories does not make them the same person.
  • DrFunFrock - April 17, 2012 2:56 p.m.

Solaire of Astora will have my heart always <3 I also always really loved Paul Denton, he was awesome, I always went out of my way to make sure he didn't die. I wouldn't kick DMC3 Dante out of bed either... well, maybe the next morning, he'd get pretty annoying.
  • matthew-joy - April 17, 2012 2:50 p.m.

I've never had that strange attraction to Tali that all the Mass Effect fans seem to have. Why I always cared about her, I always perceived her more as a little sister than as a love interest. Garrus will always be my co-pilot. As far as characters I have fallen in love with. I have to go with Leliana from DA:O. She was religious without being preachy. Innocent while still being foxy. She had a really awesome back story and she manages to be girly while still kicking all kinds of butt. (Plus seeing her in black leather at the end of DA:2 made me super happy).
  • Loki Laufeyson - April 17, 2012 2:46 p.m.

And what about Dak'kon, from Planescape: Torment? Seriously, strong characterization, deep dialogues, harrowing background... Not to mention the fact that he's a very skilled warrior and he wields the last (if I remember correctly) Karach blade. I mean, the man is awesome. I could nothing but sympathize with him the whole time, because I knew that his grief was mostly due to me and I still couldn't actually do anything to free him from our bond. Dak'kon, imho, is one of the best characters ever created.
  • Alex_Syros - April 17, 2012 10:05 p.m.

And, of course, The Nameless One - isn't he a dreamboat! PS:T indeed has some of the most memorable characters ever.
  • minara - April 17, 2012 2:34 p.m.

I gotta hand it to Bioware for creating some of the most compelling and memorable ensemble casts in gaming. Almost all of my favourite characters have come from their games. The "Good Guy Trifecta": - Sky from Jade Empire - Carth Onasi from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Kaidan Alenko from the Mass Effect Universe These three gentlemen are the exact type of guy every woman wants to fall in love with: charismatic, family-oriented, loyal. They always err on the side of good and will go to the ends of the earth (figuratively speaking, in Kaidan and Carth's cases) for the woman they love. They are all the epitome of the perfect man to bring home to Mom. I also have to confess, Raphael Sbarge's soothing voice helped me fall in love with Carth and Kaidan. While I am not sure I would say I romantically could love either of these two, I do find Thane and Garrus excellent companions. Thane is remarkably at peace with his impeding death and graceful nonetheless. Garrus is a perfect buddy to hang out with, do some skeet shooting with, and generally just love spending time with. My absolute favourite Bioware sidekick (as my photo shows), is the hilarious, naive and goofy Alistair Theirin from the Dragon Age games. He is just pure awesome. His ignorance in the ways of love make him all the more irresistable. And who can forget one of his best lines, "Have YOU ever licked a lamppost in the winter?" Ridden with innuendo, this man is just my type of guy. Also from the DA games, I fell in (girl) love with Merrill, the hopelessly sheltered Dalish elf voiced by Eve Myles in Dragon Age 2. My love for her isn't really the lustful sort, but more the fondness for that adorable girlfriend you know is trying really, really hard to fit in but just can't make heads or tails of it. Finally, branching away from Bioware (I'm loyal, okay?) I come to my absolute most favourite game character, Ezio Auditore from the Assassin's Creed series. My god. I told my husband I was in love with a young Italian stallion who's good with his knife. He's charming enough to get under the skirts of some of Italy's most famous ladies, and he's not afraid to fight over her if need be. That accent. Those eyes. Those blades. *sigh* It makes my heart all aflutter just thinking about him. Even in old age, I wouldn't kick him out of my bed. You guys missed the mark on some of these choices, but props to both genders being represented!
  • altairsgirl - April 17, 2012 9:36 p.m.

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who finds the men from AC to be the hottest guys around! Ezio is definitely sexy as hell. His accent, the way he treats his ladies, the way he moves...it's all good. But I am and will forever be totally enamored with the mystery that is Altair. I didn't get enough of him in the games, and I am just left wanting more...and more. But I will say there are NO men that walk sexier and kill sexier than those two men. ;)
  • Greginator1995 - April 17, 2012 2:29 p.m.

I think Kate McCreary from GTA IV should be on there. I know she didn't play a huge part, but she was a rock in Niko's life throughout the entire game, and when she *SPOILERS* died (or broke up with you) it was completely heartbreaking. She is one of my all time game characters.