We Recommend

• tod-pagle - April 16, 2012 11:45 a.m.

It regularly happens that I fall in love w/game characters, so I'm just going to list my own top 7 (in no particular order): 1. Terra from Final Fantasy VI 2. Alistair from Dragon Age 3. Tenenbaum from Bioshock 4. Viconia from Baldur's Gate II 5. GLADoS from Portal 6. KOS-MOS from Xenosaga 7. Hrist from Valkyrie Profile
  • Magnablaze - April 16, 2012 11:45 a.m.

Elika from Prince of Persia 2008. she was the one
  • MeabhieD - April 16, 2012 11:42 a.m.

"Cut to a few months later and we were married," I assume you mean a few seconds later? I tend to rush things along, get married the day they meet, get pregnant, kill of the father, and find solace in your butler? Maybe it's just me... o.O I also just started playing ME2, i have a thing for Garrus already. Yup. Anyways, I got really attached to My Revan in KOTOR, and then my Exile in KOTORII, I can't help it, they're just so damn perfect. n.n
  • FlagrantPilgrim - April 16, 2012 11:40 a.m.

The fact that the list starts with Marsten and ends with Garrus made it great. I agree with a few of the entries in between, but still...
  • metalgatesolid - April 16, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Solid Snake is my videogame man crush. I shed a tear in the closing moments of MGS4. Snake is my friend and i actually care about him. Nathan Drake is another. You never realise how much you miss him until the next Uncharted is released then you think i Love you Drake. Also my character in Fallout 3. I was with him at birth. All the way through his journey and now he just roams the wasteland. Oh and Sackboy for being too cute.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 16, 2012 11:33 a.m.

Garrus can be the Mass in my Effe- Sorry.
  • XanderGC - April 16, 2012 11:31 a.m.

Nice list! - As a heavy Sims player (not that I'm heavy, just I'm really into the Sims had to clarify) I agree with falling in love with the Sims or at least getting attached to them. I personally would have chosen Saria over Malon but that is just me.
  • keltar93 - April 16, 2012 11:29 a.m.

Alyx Vance and Tali. I honestly felt genuine emotional attachment to Tali. With Alyx it felt like she was Gordon's woman, but Tali, Tali loved Jim Shepard. And I was Jim Shepard. And I loved her.
  • Arucard04 - April 16, 2012 11:24 a.m.

No Francis York Morgan or Emily Wyatt? No Monkey and Trip? Fail list! (really though, a good read)
  • samsneeze - April 16, 2012 11:22 a.m.

John Marston is like a prerequisite for these types of things. And Garrus is probably the best thing to happen to games in recent years. He's just such a great guy. Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins had me pretty invested in her character from start to finish. When she was all like "I'm leaving after we kill the dragon tomorrow" I honestly couldn't believe it. I think the thing that makes characters great and memorable is consistency and sincerity. You can give people almost any kind of back story to work with and as long as they have those to things, you're going to get something great. Don't get me wrong characters still develop over time(Again, just look at Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins) but they'll still retain who they are on the inside. That's why I find them so enjoyable.
  • Rhymenocerous - April 16, 2012 12:03 p.m.

Morrigan... Oh hell YES.
  • ncurry2 - April 16, 2012 11:13 a.m.

• smashpro1 - April 16, 2012 11:12 a.m.

DudeShep & Garrus: A bromance that echos throughout the ages.
  • lee-hall - April 16, 2012 11:13 a.m.

No Nicole from Broken Sword? Or David N'gog from FIFA12? Who compiles these lists? Shameful.