Topics

Top 7

• Cyberninja - January 13, 2014 11:34 a.m.

I think all of these are interesting but I feel its impossible for all of Nintendo be one would because there are a ton of holes with that idea
  • Vonter - January 13, 2014 11:49 a.m.

Yeah like F-zero and Star Fox. James McCloud is human in F-Zero and a Fox in Star Fox. Also in Star Fox the racing sport is called G-Zero. The only stretch I see, its that they're alternate dimensions, that sometimes cross each other.
  • Cyberninja - January 13, 2014 11:55 a.m.

Well plus metroid and kirby games both take place on very distinct planets even if Mario did show up in one kirby game
  • shawksta - January 13, 2014 12:13 p.m.

Kirby IS a planet hopper though, it doesn't necessarily mean they have to be in the same planet.
  • Vonter - January 13, 2014 1:10 p.m.

Nooo, that could mean that there is a different perception of how we see things in both games. It also doesn't help that when you think about it Kirby games has nightmare fuel enemies and you're controlling essentially a cutesy version of "the thing".
  • shawksta - January 13, 2014 12:12 p.m.

A man can still believe that its possible for Kirby to interrupt a Mario kart race and then get anal devastated by Rosalina.
  • universaltofu - January 13, 2014 11:31 a.m.

Limbo is depressing, but I love it. Have you seen the video postulating that link is dead in Majora's Mask, I don't think it's immune to scrutiny, though I appreciate being illuminated on the themes of grief within the game.
  • Vonter - January 13, 2014 4:50 p.m.

Link passes through the five stages of grief in Majora's Mask. http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/themes_in_motion_majoras_mask_and_the_five_stages_of_grief#.UtSJ1p5dXE0
  • universaltofu - January 13, 2014 8:55 p.m.

Thanks, this is the type of thing that keeps MM in close contention for personal favorite Zelda title.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 13, 2014 11:31 a.m.

I thought it was pretty apparent that Chell is Cave and Caroline's daughter. There are people who don't? And I love the idea of the Indoctrination Theory, but can't let myself believe a developer would have the balls to end a story like that, unfortunately. I still think the end of ME3 was fine, for the record.
  • Bloodstorm - January 13, 2014 11:26 a.m.

As divisive as the Indoctrination Theory is, the people who have really spent the time to lay down the ground work for the theory have very strong and compelling evidence to the theory in whole. Like in one of the books, it outline a character going through indoctrination, and whenever they resist there is a growl heard, which happens many times through out the third game revolving around the child and hallucinations. As much as I didn't like the very end of ME3 (which was otherwise fantastic), at least the indoctrination theory, however dark and bitter it might be, is a much more acceptable ending than if he was not indoctrinated, and the last 30 minutes of the game really were just that incoherent and convoluted.