• 7-D - March 4, 2013 3:47 p.m.

I'd like to see a Reboot reboot (even though it's show).
  • Darkhawk - March 25, 2014 4:18 p.m.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/03/reboot-cartoon-back-sequel-tv-show_n_4035942.html YOUR WISH IS GRANTED
  • shawksta - March 4, 2013 3:29 p.m.

Damn straight Conker surprised everyone Hah, Bomberman Act Zero, that shit doesnt even exist in the normal minds
  • Cyberninja - March 4, 2013 3:25 p.m.

I say screw the haters I like the new Dante(and Nero) more then the other Dante because they are stable characters, I can describe old Dante in 4 different ways since he was a reboot of his personality in each game, since even though he is likeable it is hard plain love someone who changed so much.
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2013 3:52 p.m.

So you're implying it's easier to love someone who isn't that likable to begin with, and goes trough one of the most overused and clichéd character arcs in the entertainment medium?
  • Cyberninja - March 4, 2013 4:33 p.m.

Well new Dante is pretty likable in my opinion, but thats the clicher "opinion" some people will like something others will hate it a prime example of this CoD. What I want to know is why someone would defend old Dante to the death, he is pretty unlikable in 2 and then there is the whole lack of character development in 1 where he literally goes from being betrayed by Trish to crying for her dark soul to be filled with light, in 4 he doesn't really do anything worth noting which is why I like Nero more(That plus his love interest doesn't seem as quick and forced as Trish was in 1) and then in 3 I would say he was a pretty cool guy. Now compare Dante to new Dante, who was straightforward and has a really defined personality, is it really that surprising I would like the new guy more then the one who makes no sense what so ever.
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2013 8:56 p.m.

First of all, no one really cares or pays attention to DMC2, everyone acknowledges it's a crap game, even Capcom did, so lingering on anything that game did is kinda pointless. And like I said before, yes, he isn't a very well developed character, but his attitude is actually kinda the same trough DMC1,3 and 4. in DMC4 he isn't even the main character, so I don't even understand why you're gripping about that. Basically, you just said it yourself: Old Dante, specially in 3, is a pretty cool guy, and New Dante is more straightforward and has a better defined personality... Which is not bad, I guess? but when you're starring a series in which is pretty much all about crazy combat against demons, outrageous weapons and stylish combos, wouldn't you rather have a more genuinely cool, if more shallow character than a more "normal" one? Of course, it's all about personal opinions, and I realize I won't be changing yours, I just found it weird that your specific reason for liking this new Dante is because he's more "stable" even though he's only been in one game so far, for all you know, they might make him act totally different in the sequel, if there's one.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 4, 2013 6:11 p.m.

All subjective.
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2013 8:57 p.m.

Of course it is. I'd just like some more explanation to certain opinions, and well, he did deliver on that front ^^
  • wadesmit - March 4, 2013 3:08 p.m.

I had literally typed "Lara's boobs are amazing" (in reference to the 3rd slide), and then I realised what I was doing.
  • winner2 - March 4, 2013 7:28 p.m.

Funniest thing I've read all day.
  • n00b - March 4, 2013 2:43 p.m.

Still prefer the old Dante.
  • bedelicious - March 4, 2013 1:59 p.m.

I find Donte to be utterly unlikeable and uncool, all articles saying otherwise notwithstanding xD Now, Raiden on the other hand, that's how a change for the better is made :D I didn't mind the old one too much tbh, he had his moments. But I can see why MGS fans were riled up when they first realized who they got instead of Solid Snake xD And in MGS4 he just became so awesome :D
  • Errrrbo - March 4, 2013 12:50 p.m.

Very cool article. My biggest disagreement would be the 2008 Prince of Persia counting as a successful reboot. Not only was it a step back for the series from the Sands of Time trilogy, it was also a major dumbing down of the character to pander to Americans. He was no longer prince-like, nor was there a real arc. He was basically just Nathan Drake with a scarf around his head. If was very forgettable overall, and I'm not surprised it didn't get a sequel.
  • ultimatepunchrod - March 4, 2013 1:05 p.m.

I really liked PoP 08, but I was never into SoT. I do think it deserved a sequel regardless.
  • winner2 - March 4, 2013 7:29 p.m.

"no longer prince-like" You know they're completely different characters right? Also: loved that game.
  • archnite - March 4, 2013 7:43 p.m.

Fucking Excuse me?! "...dumbing down for American's..." What does that shit mean? So just because he doesn't listen to Godsmack 2008 POP doesn't have a character arc? Every character that year was Nathan Drake because 2008 abused the hell out of Nolan North's voice. Plus Nathan Drake wore a scarf in Uncharted 3.
  • avantguardian - March 5, 2013 12:50 a.m.

blah blah blah stupid americans. please share more of your ignorance with us. it's intriguing.
  • Person5 - March 5, 2013 9:41 a.m.

Everyone knows if something is bad its us American's fault. Even if we had absolutely nothing to do with it. How do you know the Prince wasn't dumbed down for Brits? or the French? Sorry, I must have missed your point with my small American brain.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - March 4, 2013 12:26 p.m.

Prince of Persia 2008 was such a beautiful and fun game. I will never know how it ends.
  • winner2 - March 4, 2013 8:22 p.m.

I almost want to say you're better off not knowing.