Topics

E3 E3 2012 Top 7

• OneLegend - June 1, 2012 8:02 p.m.

Wow, I really expected the 2004 Zelda reveal to be #1. I'm just going to assume that you forgot that one. The reactions to that were absolutely crazy, definitely the best and most shocking moment of E3.
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - May 30, 2012 9:49 a.m.

Final Fantasy was a massive deal at the time, but sadly didn't end up coming to much until the vastly superior sequel by which time people no longer seems to care quite so much. I felt a similar reaction with the announcement that metal gear solid would be coming to Xbox, another massive revelation that has yet to bear any fruit other than the HD collection.
  • Rowdie - May 29, 2012 8:45 a.m.

That KZ2 take must be a plant. The most shocking announcement for me was when "Game of the Show," was awarded to an 8 minute video.
  • Nomado - May 29, 2012 7:37 a.m.

where the hell is Zelda 2004 rection? =.=
  • KA87 - May 29, 2012 6:37 a.m.

Man KZ2 was awesome and then they put that brutal kill in KZ3 and the muliplayer went from some great fun to a bunch of people running around stabbing each other. Also can we go back to the KZ1 days when the ISA rifle had a gernade luncher attachment because that was so much fun in deathmatch (the variety of environments was better to, sign I miss the Terminal and Beachhead).
  • winner2 - May 29, 2012 4:36 a.m.

My big shocker surprise...hoping to see every game I want pushed forward regardless of previously slated release times. AC3, FC3, Crysis 3, Bioshock infinite, paper mario, hitman, borderlands 2, and more. That would be cool, I think.
  • zombi3grim - May 28, 2012 5:15 p.m.

FF XIII was a big shocker for me. Being a huge Final Fantasy fan, I refused to buy a PS3 mostly because of the price at first, but eventually lack of games, lack of good online support or any great features. They got all of that eventually but I had already invested far too much into the Xbox to really switch by that point.
  • codystovall - May 28, 2012 4:13 p.m.

Expecting a lot from nintendo this due to their bullshit over the last 5 years
  • EnigmaSpirit - May 28, 2012 5:40 p.m.

Well they started heading in the right direction. They aren't totally there yet, but they are getting back. I think we're in for a lot this year from the big N.
  • shawksta - May 28, 2012 5:58 p.m.

Well 3rd Parties actually know what the F*ck to do, so thats a start. Most 3rd Parties were literally clueless over the Wii. Better 3rd Party Support is definitly a step in the right direction. Day 1 Digital Distribution is also something you wouldnt expect so you know they got allot of shit to make up for those years.
  • onetimebuster - May 28, 2012 3:58 p.m.

What about the first mgs being shown.
  • ultimatepunchrod - May 28, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Nice surprises. Hopefully some crazy stuff happens this year. I can't wait for E3!
  • archnite - May 28, 2012 2:35 p.m.

I screamed so loud at my TV when FF13 showed up on an Xbox that they called the police. Only because Xbox took something from Playstation and I didn't even really like FF games and understand they started with Nintendo. I'm over all that now, mostly.
  • ShorterThanLife - May 28, 2012 3:20 p.m.

you're mad that the xbox took Final Fantasy? how about the fact that the playstation took Bioshock, Dead Rising, Mass Effect (except the 1st) as well as all Bioware games after the EA buyout, Lost Planet, and every game made by Bethesda after ES4:Oblivion. Also the Assassin's Creed and Dead Space series were also originally planned as xbox exclusives. and yet you're still mad that the xbox took 1 game series? in retospect i ask why? perhaps the console war would be much more balanced if not for these blatant ports.
  • lewis-barclay - May 29, 2012 1:09 p.m.

2. Devil may cry. But no one really cares about that because that series started to suck. Hopefully the new one does better.
  • gondarpwns - May 28, 2012 2:21 p.m.

AT this years E3 Valve will learn to count to three and release a new game from HL, Portal or L4D
  • Errrrbo - May 28, 2012 2:19 p.m.

The Zelda reveal from 2004 should really be on here.
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 28, 2012 4:42 p.m.

Yes it should, any Youtube footage of that moment proves it Lol I was in tears watching that trailer... of course I can say that about every Zelda reveal trailer Lol
  • RonnyLive19881 - May 28, 2012 4:45 p.m.

I'm just guessing it is GR being GR with their distaste for Nintendo... sad really :(
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 28, 2012 5:45 p.m.

You... I... I... really don't know if you're being serious or not.