Topics

Top 7

• BladedFalcon - April 8, 2013 11:24 a.m.

Note how all of these games came out more than 8 years ago, think about that. Which is why, I don't really feel sad that LucasArt was killed. Like Rare, both are companies that were great once, but nowadays were just shambling corpses of their former selves.
  • Galaxy010 - April 8, 2013 11:37 a.m.

I'm just sad that now we won't get Battlefront 3 (speaking of which, how isn't Battlefront 2 on this list!?).
  • General Zax - April 8, 2013 11:46 a.m.

Because it was developed by Pandemic, not LucasArts. I think LucasArts just published it.
  • Galaxy010 - April 8, 2013 1:10 p.m.

Hmm, true. Still upset that we'll never see Battlefront 3 though....
  • BladedFalcon - April 8, 2013 2:38 p.m.

Well, I'm sorry, but do you honestly think LucasArts would have made it? considering the state it had been? It's like expecting rare to make another Killer Instinct
  • shawksta - April 8, 2013 7:03 p.m.

The funny part is, Microsoft renewed the Killer Instinct trademark, only to be rejected because FOX had a short lived series of the same name back in 1995 and didnt want any confusion, which i frankly found retarded considering Killer Instinct first appeared on arcades on 1994. It was revealed for what purpose microsoft is renewing the trademark, but they aint getting it unless they provide more proof in 6 months, and so far, its been 4 months.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - April 9, 2013 12:24 a.m.

Omg its all sinking in now
  • shawksta - April 8, 2013 2:26 p.m.

Kind of harsh, but nonetheless, your right. Especially Rare, its not even Rare anymore, its just the brand name with different people, who knows whose still on board, i know as hell Grant Kirkhope and other Ex Rare devs arent.
  • Redeater - April 8, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Rare can rot as far as I'm concerned. I'm tired of seeing once great developers getting swallowed up by big companies and misused. I'm far more interested in following what the actual developers (people) do after they leave the company. I get that it's sad but it's people, not a name, that make a company great.
  • shawksta - April 8, 2013 7:05 p.m.

Jontron and Egoraptor had a special of "Guest Grumps" and with Grant Kirkhope himself and he stated he wants to collect all the Ex Rare devs, go to Nintendo and get money from them to make Banjo-Threeie for the Wii U, but he knows itll happen with Banjo's name with Microsoft. He even called the Wii U "Pretty cool" WHAT COULDVE BEEN ;_;
  • shawksta - April 8, 2013 7:06 p.m.

My bad, i meant "he knows itll NEVER happen"
  • Redeater - April 8, 2013 4:34 p.m.

Sadly, that interview with Warren Spector has done nothing to make me think Disney is going to improve these properties. If I'm wrong I will be happy to withdraw that statement but I have a feeling that we are going to get the same level of shit....just a lot more frequently.