Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
We spent hundreds of hours in BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic. We played a character to level cap, we tried out the end-game dungeons, and we played more games of PvP Huttball than we care to admit. But despite enjoying it all, we definitely have some ideas on how to improve the game, and we've put together a list with every major, minor, and silly suggestion we have for BioWare.
1. Cyborgs need more customization options to actually be considered cyborgs. A cybernetic monocle does not a cyborg make.
2. There should be an emote or an option to have our Twi’lek change its lekku style. Wrap it around like Bib Fortuna, throw them forward – there are plenty of ways to wear them besides letting them flap around like a mullet.
3. Twi'lek specific head gear, or at least modified versions of the head gear that already exists that accounts for lekku.
4. Fix Twi'lek lekku physics. Right now, especially when you go down in an elevator, they look like pigtails flipping around in the air. It’s adorable, but way too silly.
Above: It's obvious BioWare didn't test lekku physics that much
5. Besides being able to toggle headgear on and off, we should be able to toggle hoods up and down. We don’t want to ditch our hoods entirely, just… you know, put them down sometimes.
6. Previewable weapons in "dressing room" – sure, most weapons look the same, but some don’t!
7. Different stances in the dressing room. Clothes-trying-on montage!
8. An NPC “Image Designer” to let us change our appearance for a few credits in case we mistakenly choose a stupid nose.
9. Inventory auto-sort, because clicking around and rearranging stuff is annoying.
10. More playable races! Let us create Rodians, Gungans, Chagrians (horny Twi'leks), Nautolan (Kit Fisto), Trandosians, Ugnaughts, Ithorians, Droids, Werewolf guy in Cantina, Bothans, Snaggletooth, and more. If they don’t speak common just have them garble gibberish, we can read captions.
11. In fact, letting us choose to have our character speak alien gibberish as an option would be awesome, too. Just in case we don’t like the standard voices.
12. Dark Side/Light Side faction conversion. If our Jedi gets max Dark Side points, we should be able to re-roll him on the same server as a Sith for the other faction.
Above: One person in a ship is cool. Know what's cooler? A billion people
13. Ship PvP missions to let us take our twitch-skills to the stars.
14. Group ship PvE to let us join with friends and take on missions involving multiple ships. Sure, it only took one ship to down the Death Star, but there’s no way Luke would have done it without Han and Porkins.
15. Leaderboards for ship missions so we can make fun of our friends for sucking at ship missions.
16. Gunner seats in ship combat that can be accessed by group members.
17. A /dontgetcocky emote that can only be used during said gunner combat.
18. Kessel Run Racing. We think we could finish this thing in fewer parsecs than Han did.
19. Different ship skins that can be crafted or earned.
20. Different ships. Like, whole new ships. Even if the inside doesn’t change, it’s the outside that counts.
21. We should be able to call in air support from our ship if we are in certain areas. Imagine how cool that would be! “We’re pinned down! Rain down hell, boys!”
22. Free-roaming ships, like the ones in Star Trek Online or Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed.
Above: Here's what the ship stuff looks like now
23. The option to skip stupid docking stations so we can save some stupid time and land right on the stupid planet.
24. Non-mechanical mounts! We want to ride Star Wars’ wildlife. Mounting animals like dewbacks, tauntauns, and gungans would be awesome.
25. Tauntauns for a fast travel option on Hoth. We flipped a table when we saw that this wasn’t an option.
26. If we /sleep next to a dead tauntaun on Hoth we should get a well-rested bonus. Just sayin’. But it should also come with a status effect that makes you mad smelly.
27. Different breathing sound effects for masks outside of dialogue, or at least an emote to trigger it. Our Sith should be as ominous as Darth Vader or General Grievous.
28. The voice modulation part of helmets should be modular so we can put it in other headpeices.
29. Wampa and wookiee rugs for our ships. They’re so warm.
30. Trophy rooms on ships with the lightsabers of the different Jedi we’ve killed.
31. Trophy rooms on ships with the frozen bodies of the different bounties we’ve trapped in carbonite.
Above: We want an entire room of these
32. Trophy rooms on ships for whatever the hell the other classes’ trophies would be.
33. Wearable trophies (like Warhammer Online). Raid bosses and story bosses should drop related items we can wear, like Wookie braids, defeated Jedi lightsabers, and more.