• Plan10FromOuterSpace - September 14, 2011 11:59 a.m.

So im gonna come out and say this even if it makes me look rather pussy, in relation to dead space 2, i really dont like watching kids take the role of victims or enemies in video games. There was a part early on in Prey where a little girl stabbed her brother to death, I found it horrible to watch, its just something I dont like. I guess games cant exactly skirt round the issue and just pretend the characters of the universe they're set in dont have kids...im just saying I dont like it
  • Thezombiesarepeople2 - March 10, 2011 12:49 p.m.

Silent Hill=runner up because of a "rape" scene that I'm not entirely sure was intentional? The design for baddies in Silent Hill was every bit as good as Dead Space, perhaps even more original. Dead Space's most twisted enemy just can't compare to Pyramid Head.
  • BurntToShreds - March 7, 2011 3:57 p.m.

The Covenant in the Halo series has some monsters in it. The Elites, however, are honorable. They apparently have a warrior culture like samurai. This is why I liked the Arbiter chapters of Halo 2, they gave you a broader look into the structure of the Covenant, and why they fight. The Brutes, however, are vile and they do whatever they can to achieve their goals.
  • faraany3k - March 7, 2011 9:29 a.m.

EPIC FAIL ARTICLE. Where are the ZERGS tell me. ZERGS due, the ZERGS.
  • super0sonic - March 7, 2011 8:34 a.m.

Strange how you did not point out that the Chimera were humans. The processing plants that convert humans to Chimera were scary. It's too bad that the processing plants were removed in resistance two because infected people just grow pods now, and that's dumb.
  • fairways312 - March 6, 2011 11:40 p.m.

No flood from halo huh? Cool article anyways haha
  • happydude007 - March 6, 2011 9:19 p.m.

What about the Elites and Brutes in the Halo series? Grunts too!....wait a minute.....
  • EdDeRs1 - March 6, 2011 8:32 p.m.

what about the flood from Halo?
  • DarknessWithin - March 6, 2011 7:46 p.m.

What about the Creeps or Burnouts from Bulletstorm?
  • Grif - March 6, 2011 6:46 p.m.

I agree with all of these, but I would have added the Flood from Halo. That bit in Halo 3 where you watch a marine get infected really makes me feel awful. Not scared or freaked out, just sort of sad you know. All though the Chimera do this much better than the flood with their conversion process.
  • Miles_Endsly - March 6, 2011 6:25 p.m.

Aliens?! James Cameron is totally going to take this website change it around slightly and make a billion dollar movie out of it just in Spite.
  • chrisantistas2inchpenis - March 6, 2011 8:04 a.m.

I was sure Boomers from L4D would be on this list
  • Mortis - March 6, 2011 6:19 a.m.

@Smeggs - well said...i was about to say something to that Effect...ha! see what i did there? and everyone bitching about racism: shut the fuck up. it is a list for entertainment of ENEMIES that are trying to kill you in VIDEOGAMES. racism has no part in this. on that note, nice article, and Necromorphs are the creepiest things ever. they don't even have to be on screen to induce anus-quaking fright.
  • Smeggs - March 6, 2011 5:56 a.m.

This list is meant to talk about the combo of Genocidal Asshole/Eye-Vomitingly Hideous creatures, not who is the most evil or who you were the most afraid of. That's why nothing from Mass Effect is here. Batarians are just douche-bag pirates who are plain ugly. Reapers are sleek giant genocidal robots. Geth are sleek genocidal robots of varying size, and also the moral gray area during Legion's loyalty mission makes them seem less threatening altogether. Vorchas are idiots who are basically attack dogs that can carry guns, annoying voice not-withstanding. However, I do agree the Darkspawn/Brood Mother should have been here.
  • TeaserTuesday - March 6, 2011 5:33 a.m.

It's not racist, these are all different species that are trying to kill you. (If anything it's specist?)
  • NightCrawler_358 - March 6, 2011 3:12 a.m.

I like these entries, but theres alot of shooter enemies on here. I think that the Zerg would fit nicely here.
  • BertTheTurtle - March 6, 2011 3:01 a.m.

I strongly agree with the necromorph and Silent Hill creatures' entries, and I would like to add my own suggestion: BioShock's splicers. I do not know if they should count as a "race", but everything about them disturbs me to no end.
  • TURbo - March 6, 2011 1:06 a.m.

Only a person like you would overlook the most vilest race of all time. The White man.
  • FOZ - March 6, 2011 12:37 a.m.

"Vile." The Reapers aren't vile, they're big talking spaceships. They don't have any tentacles, ugly faces, fleshy tumors or really anything disgusting at all.
  • babyhenchy1 - March 5, 2011 8:56 p.m.

@JBizFoShiz Not Hades or Hephaestus. Hephaestus was trying to protect Pandora and Hades had a pretty damn good reason for wanting to kill Kratos. And for those saying Scions or Collectors, the Reapers should be on here instead of them since they created the damn things.