• KnightDehumidifier - May 2, 2011 11:55 p.m.

Let me throw up a few more mentions (heh, throw up) Gals Fighter for the Neo Geo Pocket Color: An 8-bit 2D fighter featuring some of the most known fighting femme fatales of the Neo Geo catalog, and a cross-dressing Iori. Mighty Final Fight for the NES: An SD (super deformed, not standard definition) version of Final Fight, and the first time that the "female" Poison made its US debut. Mortal Kombat Anthologies: Sub-Zero for the Nintendo 64: A 2D sidescrolling beat-em-up featuring everyone's favorite ice-shooting ninja. Sadly, the game sucks balls and bollocks, depending on region.
  • Yeager1122 - May 2, 2011 10:37 p.m.

Only ever heard of the fargoyle one actaullt remeber seeing it in a store once long ago.
  • Hubadaeus - May 2, 2011 10:04 p.m.

Guess what your missing? Fallout Botherhood of Steel Ah yes, the biggest fallout flop of all time. It was a top down shooting game in which it seems like little to no RPG elements but idk because I never played it, found it, or saw it for sale anywhere OTHER then the internet
  • RebornKusabi - May 2, 2011 8:52 p.m.

Oh my f*cking GOD! Death by Degrees, I remember that! What isn't mentioned in the article and why I hated it so goddamn much I guess I repressed my memory of it was its long load times. When I say long load times, I mean LOOOOOONG load times. Like 3-4 minute load times. Maybe my memory is over-exaggerating these but those load times seriously felt that long.
  • icantbelieveitsnutbutter - May 2, 2011 8:49 p.m.

The only reason I clicked on this article is because boobies appeal to me. Thanks GR, for knowing I love boobies.
  • FauxFurry - May 2, 2011 8:30 p.m.

Even if you don't dig the game itself, Street Fighter 2010 did have some nifty tune for its time. I'm still surprised that it hasn't ended up on Game Music of the Day. The remixes are still fresh even though Capcom missed a golden opportunity to re-release the game last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlg2vDmxtkY http://sites.google.com/site/streetfighter2010arrangedalbum/ Maybe there should be a list of games that people don't commonly realize are spin-offs like World of Warcraft or Nier?
  • FauxFurry - May 2, 2011 8:22 p.m.

Either the title of this article is blatantly lying straight to our avatars or it is far too naïve to run in the company of the Top 7 Top 7 class entries. These days, even those bought into the hobby recently during the Motion Control boom (perhaps mistaking the movements of the Wii-Mote or 3-Mote for flag semaphore signalling them to settle down for a spell and get their game on) have access to vast arrays of databases covering all manner of videogame related topics, no matter how narrow their focus or broad the scope. They probably even know that Ken was named Kevin Straker in Japan but was changed to Ken to pointlessly tie it into the Street Fighter series or that Final Fight is also a Street Fighter spin-off. Between the Internet and old mags like EGM and Gamepro, there's enough content for an entire series of these lists. Everyone can be a historian on anything on the Internet if they care to look or the information item in question was fertile enough ground for a memetic mutation to occur within. If someone doesn't know about it, chances are pretty good that they didn't care to know. As for Nina Williams, Death By Degrees: Nina's costume selection was by far the least of the game's problems. True, she didn't have the decency to metamorphose into an ashen-skinned Spartan savage, a sword-swinging barbarian who for some mysterious reason is called Ax Battler or a member of the Mishima clan before putting any of them on, but not every fighting game character can be Shang Tsung and it isn't fair to expect them to be like him, either. Moreover, any tough guy worth his body oil doffs half of his duds when things get rough in fisticuffs. Is Nina Williams too good to do what worked for Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? Not by a long shot. If it's good enough for Van Damme, its good enough for this flash-in-the-pan! Another area where modesty is an unwelcome burden is in the game-play department and unfortunately, it was fairly skimpy. The game should have starred Venus and Serana Williams, anyway. They're much more believable bone-breakers than Blondie Belle! Thank the denizens of the NetherRealm that the brand of hilarity that is the by-all-rights instantly fatal X-Ray Attack from dying with the Nina Williams brand, or more acurately, not allowing it to remain dead, fitting for a company bearing that name. What I want to know is how it stacked up against X-Perts, the similar spin-off centering on a super she-spy from Sega's Eternal Champions.
  • SoutheastSam - May 2, 2011 8:03 p.m.

I've heard of about half of these and own Street Fighter 2010. Win?
  • bonerachieved - May 2, 2011 6:40 p.m.

Egoraptor did an awesome job with making fun of Chaotix haha.
  • KdotLo - May 2, 2011 6:27 p.m.

I am either really old or read too many issues of EGM back in the day. The only one I wasn't aware of was Golden Axe Warrior... I remember renting Street Fighter 2010 when I was a kid. This was after having already experienced SFII Turbo and the likes. That game was frustratingly horrible.
  • HereComesTheHypeTrainCHOOCHOO - May 2, 2011 5:58 p.m.

I still have Gargoyle's Quest and it holds up. Great game that has aged well even if the Gameboy it is on hasn't.
  • iFeared - May 2, 2011 5:55 p.m.

Ive surprisingly heard of #2 I always wanted to play that game
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 2, 2011 4:47 p.m.

Tingle had a game? A series of games? This is gonna make for an awesome Top 7 on Talkradar.
  • Hurricrane - May 2, 2011 4:36 p.m.

I have Virtua Quest. I bought it from Gamestop when they were trying desperatly to offload them... it's not very good
  • QWERTYCommander - May 2, 2011 4:35 p.m.

I know I mention the Tony Hawk games a lot, but that series has quite a few weird spin-offs, like Downhill Jam and Motion.
  • QLev - May 2, 2011 3:54 p.m.

I totally have the golden axe one. Now i feel special.
  • spongeboy - May 2, 2011 3:04 p.m.

I've Actually heard of Four of these: Death By Degrees Virtua Quest Choatix and Freshly picked Tingles rosy rupee land shame we Didn't get the Latter in the states
  • FrapJedi - May 2, 2011 2:39 p.m.

Definitely have heard of the most of these. I guess I'm just too nerdy for my own good...
  • oneshotfinch - May 2, 2011 2:11 p.m.

Also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12N5WfIgm6I&feature=fvwrel
  • oneshotfinch - May 2, 2011 2:09 p.m.

Both the Angry Video Game Nerd and Spoony have really funny reviews of Street Fighter 2010. You should check them out if you want to know more about the game. I had heard of Knuckles Chaotix, but never watched any gameplay. That music kicks ass!