Description: Every noble hero requires a beautiful damsel in distress, but God forbid she be given anything resembling a real personality. No, no, the Pure-Hearted Love Interest must maintain her saintly composure and untouched dignity at all times, waiting for her prince to pluck her like the delicate flower she has always been and shall always... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- One dainty hand held to the chest or shoulder in a gesture of reserved humility. "Oh! Me? You think I'm pretty? Tee hee."
- Hair pulled back in a demure braid, held in place by a jeweled crown or blown ever so gently by the warm spring breeze.
- Innocent face turned up - towards heaven, of course.
- Eyes (preferably blue) gazing wistfully into the distance, waiting for a flash of shining armor.
- Shoulders either bare (but that's all you're gonna get, buster!) or covered in billowy blouse sleeves.
- Occasionally followed by inexplicable showers of falling flower petals.
If you don't recognize the woman above, you haven't been playing games long enough. Grace Nakimura, the female foil in the Gabriel Knight adventure series, is the antithesis of your usual Barbie doll princess. She's plain, bookish, unstylish, unsocial, highly opinionated and definitely smarter than your male protagonist. We dare you not to fall in love with her anyway.