Description: Dude, your parents and teachers just don't understand... but hey, this focus-tested, anthropomorphic, cereal box reject totally gets you! Whoa, he even wears sneakers! What better way of reminding everyone who's boss than by wasting your allowance money on this bargain bin crap of a game... and its sequels? Kid power!
- Any type of animal species acceptable, so long as it can wear shades, goggles and/or a backwards baseball cap. Radical!
- Often engaged in some sort of extreme sports activity or mild criminal caper. To the max!
- Whether flashing a sarcastic smile, mischievous grin or rebellious snarl, must display as many teeth as possible. Wicked!
- Spiky hairstyle (furstyle?) welcome, but crazily angled eyebrows preferred. Bodacious!
- Either giving the player a bitchin' thumbs-up sign or pointing defiantly at itself as if to say, "Yeah, I'm a windsurfing hippopotamus. What are YOU gonna do about it, gramps?"
Amaterasu, a white wolf goddess and the star of Okami, doesn't need "attitude." She has majesty, wisdom and grace instead. She doesn't need a skateboard or ray gun to make her interesting, because her creators understood that animals are already fascinating enough on their own.