Topics

Top 7

• Nintendno - December 2, 2008 1:59 a.m.

I love Mirrror's Edge...it's 1 of my top 10 fave games
  • ChogWolf - December 2, 2008 1:54 a.m.

I think Mirror's edge would have worked better if you were some super assassin or something and had to use these crazy trick to get to the mark (like a 1st person's Assassin's Creed in the future). "Yay, I'm a courier!" didn't work for me. And I mean come on, who in their right mind takes most of the combat out of a 1st person game. I look forward to the sequel.
  • flare149 - December 2, 2008 1:21 a.m.

I definitely see why all of these are on there, which is kinda sad. I really don't think R2 should be on there because it currently kicks Gears' a** since Gears' multiplayer modes are all screwed up and it's campaign (while containing a better story) is definitely not as good gameplay wise. Also is Tomb Raider Underworld even good? I've heard it is, but I was highly unimpressed with the demo
  • heartskuppy - December 2, 2008 1:21 a.m.

the only game here that really fits the theme for me is valkyria chronicles, i already own mirror's edge (which i agree everybody should play) and i will be getting LBP before the year is out. the other games i am just.. not interested in.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - December 2, 2008 1:05 a.m.

i loved resistance had it since launch. but it is a shame littlebigplanet is on there. that was really fun i never bough it and probaly wont till it is cheaper so yeah most of this list is perfect except R2 being on there
  • bron1417 - December 2, 2008 12:26 a.m.

yea it's a shame these games wont be played/bought till later on.
  • TheFish - December 2, 2008 12:25 a.m.

does not really break my heart that we won't get these games this year.
  • GoldenMe - December 2, 2008 12:05 a.m.

OK, Army, we get it. Go back to WoW.
  • Armyofnone - December 2, 2008 12:03 a.m.

The one and only reason I'm not buying Mirror's Edge is because they didn't release it on PC yet. Their loss.
  • Tasty_Pasta - December 1, 2008 11:57 p.m.

Well, I really like the idea for this article. But unfortunately (and I'm probably the only one in this position) I have absolutely no desire to play ANY of the games on this list. Actually, SOCOM and FC2 are the only games that came out this season that I am even remotely interested in, and I already have those. Maybe I'm just picky though. Either way, good job Mikel
  • Jbo87 - December 1, 2008 11:56 p.m.

I couldn't give less of a crap if people don't play the first six games on this list but Mirror's Edge need playing by everyone. Maybe just rent it, its very short for a full price game, but imo you're looking at another Portal moment here. Its so different and the sense of liberation is just fantastic. Play it people.
  • Z-man427 - December 1, 2008 11:54 p.m.

i'll be playing Mirror's Edge in a couple weeks. The demo was fun and a half. But as stated, PoP will fill some free running cravings as well. and I still have AC too. ah hell...
  • WonsAuto - December 1, 2008 11:48 p.m.

I've already played the hell out of LBP and Mirror's Edge, but you're spot on about all the others- I fit the descriptions for Valkyria Chronicles and Resistance 2 perfectly, lol.
  • Cyberninja - December 1, 2008 11:39 p.m.

its sad good games die like this.
  • somthing42 - December 1, 2008 11:35 p.m.

I think that Valkyria Chronicles will end up like Okami... quite sad
  • ELpork - December 1, 2008 11:20 p.m.

Correction, I'll never buy Valkyria Chronicles.......
  • markd12 - February 20, 2009 12:19 a.m.

I still havent got any of them exept underworld Beneth the ashes delayed till next month:(
  • crazyqazqaz - December 17, 2008 5:38 p.m.

Mirror's Edge is on the top of my list, then it's COD:WAW. I think that another thing keeping people away from mirrors is that there isn't enough violence in it. Where I live nobody is even remotely interested. They just want to blow things up and kill people. I may be overexaggerating but I can forsee the death of new and exciting games like mirrors in the face of games like cod or gears. Also, has anybody else notised how hard it is to explain mirrors edge to people. You er... sort of run a bit...er... jump a bit... occasionally hit people,and very occasionally shoot people... er... yeah. None of these other games are on my christmas list. Oh well.