Topics

Top 7

• jimsondanet - December 2, 2008 2:10 a.m.

jrpg's like golden sun = fricken awsome ww2 strategy jrpg = niche market only idunno kinda saturated by games i got farcry2,fable2,fallout3 an recently gta4 i clocked fallout and fable but now im bak to the saintsrow i got with my xbox. (gta weapon scrolling can kiss my ass, an the crappy lockon oh an lets not forget how rubbish it is to shoot from a car)
  • Defguru7777 - December 2, 2008 1:37 a.m.

I'm not interested in any of these games, except Mirror's Edge. I'm getting that for Christmas. But I will have to balance it between Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2.
  • Corsair89 - December 2, 2008 1:12 a.m.

LBP and Valkyria Chronicles are high on my Christmas list. Mirrors Edge is great, but can be frustrating at times.
  • RebornKusabi - December 2, 2008 12:49 a.m.

I rented Mirror's Edge, loved it and plan on buying it very soon as well as Restistance 2 (Even though I kinda thought Resistance 1 was "meh"). I also recently rented Tomb Raider: Underworld and actually found it pretty enjoyable but I agree with the sentiment that it felt either rushed or cut-off for DLC. I'm indifferent to Little Big Planet- cool idea, not on my radar. Not a huge fan of RPG's so the other suggestions are not in my list either...
  • SonicX_89 - December 2, 2008 12:36 a.m.

I would play Valkyria Chronicles if it were on the 360, I don't own a PS3.
  • Sylizar - December 2, 2008 12:31 a.m.

Hmmm, most of these games I wouldn't get if I had the systems to do so. Out of 'em all I'd play Resistance 2 and (maybe) Mirror's Edge, although I wasn't much of a fan of Mirror's Edge when I rented it.
  • Spike_the_Dogg - December 2, 2008 12:08 a.m.

Contrary to this, Mirrors Edge is top of my list. and yes Okami=pwnage
  • GoldenMe - December 2, 2008 12:04 a.m.

I knida noticed half of the games are Playstations exclusives. And a nice, big LOL at the Okami joke. Another fantastic article GR!
  • Armyofnone - December 1, 2008 11:48 p.m.

The one and only reason I'm not buying Mirror's Edge is because they decided to not release it for us PC folks until January. Their loss.
  • dorrick - December 1, 2008 11:36 p.m.

Most of the games that fall here are ones where the story line sucks or the main character does. Or the gameplay and graphics aren't up to par. Even a game with okay graphics and gameplay will outshine all others with an amazing story. If developers want us to buy there games give us some incentive or something to look forward to after we beat it. All games look good now on the next gen consoles it's the story line that really is the foundation to any game.
  • nicksayswatzup - December 1, 2008 11:30 p.m.

SECOND! Can't wait till T-dar 30!
  • Corsair89 - December 8, 2008 7:23 p.m.

For all of you who think that Mirror's Edge is short, yes, Mirror's Edge's story is that short. However, the part that consumes the most time is the Time Trial. You will spend far more time in Time Trail then the story. Time Trail is all about getting through the level as fast as possible, and since the most fun in the game is pulling off incredible feats of acrobatics on the spot and doing the craziest things to shave off fractions of a second off your time at break neak speed, then this at least warrents a try.
  • shinytimegang - December 7, 2008 9:04 p.m.

anyone wanna get some free wii/xbox 360/ps3 points and games click here http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=448414
  • noofer7 - December 7, 2008 7:33 p.m.

ALL THEIR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.
  • CAPST3R - December 7, 2008 6:33 p.m.

2,5+6 i'll never get, 1 and 3 i already have, 4 and 7 are only games i'll get if i have spare cash.
  • Crimson_xWolfx - December 7, 2008 5:22 a.m.

So why exactly is Resistance 2 on here? Honestly though, it has thousands of people who play it, its got a quite nice storyline in my opinion. But still it doesn't deserve to be on here, as to see how many people went out and bought it during its release.
  • TheCorpulent1 - December 5, 2008 4:20 p.m.

@TheKitchenSink, on the last page: I think Faith is quite pretty. Not super-hot, but an attractive, normal woman. It's nice that she's not a buxom super-babe--games are overflowing with those as it is.
  • ProjectJAY - December 4, 2008 7:42 p.m.

all of these games, except EndWar, are PlayStation exclusive or have PS3 as their lead platform. I SMELL BIAS. LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 do not deserve to be in this list
  • moonwalk_mafia - December 3, 2008 9:30 p.m.

Mirrors Edge wouldve been a priority for me to buy if it had a decent amount of hours you could sink into it. But considering that the story is supposed to take 7 or 8 hours at most, its not worth $65. I rented it and liked it alot but glad I didnt drop full value on it
  • Cernunnos - December 3, 2008 6:18 p.m.

endwar... hmm, tried the demo. not a fan. actually, i will avoid that game like i would avoid the plague.