We Recommend

• soren7550 - December 6, 2010 11:30 p.m.

The ODST leader is Buck (Nathan Fillion), not Dutch (Adam Baldwin). Fact check please next time! (hell, I don't even particularly care for the Halo series and I knew that)
  • Jadernader - December 6, 2010 10:57 p.m.

@Crabhand go buy MGS3 and a PS3 rite noaw The Ghillie missions on COD4 are the best levels in any COD game, i could play it right now and still enjoy the hell outta it
  • darkprince4321 - December 6, 2010 10:56 p.m.

What about the Christina missions in AC Brotherhood? Putting the Auditore men to rest was one of the most emotional and touching moments in the game. Actually come to think of it, the whole fucking series is a damn flashback!
  • HankVenture - December 6, 2010 10:47 p.m.

The Batman one was GREAT!!!! I loved it sooo much and the Metal Gear one, even though I never played really any of them it looks awesome and well done
  • Yeager1122 - December 6, 2010 10:32 p.m.

If they could have only had as great a mission in modern wardare 2 like they did on cod4.
  • Overlord153 - December 6, 2010 10:20 p.m.

How many times did I fail while waiting for the extraction helicopter? And the Batman thing was just priceless. I had to sit down and think about the tragedy he went throught. And the guy who said he had all that money so he would be okay I hope Batman tied his unmentioables to the bat car and drove down the highway at 88 mph. Full of Cactus and Mines.
  • batmanboy11 - December 6, 2010 10:02 p.m.

Fantastic list. I agree with every entry except for Heavy Rain, because that's the only one I haven't played myself. Also, great title.
  • AwesomeGuitarSoloMan - December 6, 2010 9:25 p.m.

On the note of deep-fried confectionaries, you ever have a deep-fried twinkie? I swear I could feel the fat growing on my stomach.
  • Robx - December 6, 2010 8:50 p.m.

The MGS4 was amazingly nostalgic. At the CoD one...on my first play through I also managed to hit him on my first attempt, and I swear it was a god damn headshot, which then made me rage to know he survived. On my second play through, I did had to repeat it a couple of times...darn it.
  • twewy13 - December 6, 2010 8:27 p.m.

all ghillied up ftw....however, veteran was torture
  • evildog51 - December 6, 2010 7:59 p.m.

Heavy Rain has too be the best for me, when i saw it i really was like OMG!!!!. Great article.
  • Killshot - December 6, 2010 7:46 p.m.

Hey wait what about max payne you play in the flashbacks and can even change part of the story
  • bron1417 - December 6, 2010 7:26 p.m.

i myself really loved All Ghillied Up/One Shot, One Kill. everything about the levels are just so well done. those are the only levels in the game that i will ever go back and play from that game. i also loved the side mission in Mass Effect 2 where you found all the dog tags. i couldnt help but get choked up a bit.
  • narddog - December 6, 2010 7:25 p.m.

Uh, Bioshock?
  • narddog - December 6, 2010 7:24 p.m.

venoody
  • ventanger - December 6, 2010 7:12 p.m.

I went back and played MW1 before Black Ops came out and man, that game really does hold up, much in part due to All Ghillied Up. Also in large measure that the games' story isn't a jumbled mess of senselessness and plot holes, but that's a different discussion. Any list where Arkham Asylum gets praise is a thumbs up for me. Uncharted 2 is good, but AA got robbed for GOTY.
  • ColinKapow - December 6, 2010 6:21 p.m.

A Rab C. Nesbit reference :D
  • Turboash - December 6, 2010 6:16 p.m.

I killed Zakhaev first try... centre mass kill (but in my mind it was like BOOM HEADSHOT!).
  • g4m3rk1dd - December 6, 2010 6:11 p.m.

lol am i the only one that saw clouds name was "El Boner"?
  • AshLynx - December 6, 2010 6:07 p.m.

Awww, but c'mon, Sly feigned amnesia just to go out with Carmelita (and possibly marry her), how is that not giving amnesia the middle finger in addition to the entire game flashback?