• Metal4Ever - January 24, 2011 4:25 p.m.

Battlefield of some sort needs to be in here somewhere!! whether it's Bad(ass) Company, or an older one. Modern Combat had some pretty killer chopper fights, if i remember rightly...
  • HAHAFTW - January 24, 2011 1:57 a.m.

I loved the McMillin terminator. lmfao
  • tomasspipass - January 20, 2011 9:55 a.m.

Gamesradar,you need to follow this article up with a part 2. Out of all the helicopter battles i've fought my way through, Die Hard Trilogy's last level involving destroying a helicopter by driving a car up a ramp is all kinds of awesome. They even paid tribute to it in the latest die hard movie!
  • AlpineGuy - January 19, 2011 6:24 p.m.

Another awesome article only GR could make, complete with hilarious photoshops to make you eeeextra sure what site you were on. Good job, guys!
  • Shuuvuia - January 19, 2011 8:50 a.m.

I actually liked the second helicopter fight from Uncharted 2 better. It was funny when Drake is being attacked by both a helicopter and soldiers on top of the train, and he yells at the soldiers "Don't you a#@holes see the helicopter?!! I've got enough problems!!!!" I laughed out loud at that. That scene also had the rolling coal car, which was awesome.
  • Skykid - January 18, 2011 10:44 p.m.

*Grins Manaically* Pilot meet .50 cal, .50 cal meet pilot's face! That moment in Modern Warfare is still so damn good. great job resurecting it in Black Ops, sorta
  • batman5273 - January 18, 2011 10:41 p.m.

That Uncharted 2 scene was intense. Makes me wish I had a PS3
  • Japanaman - January 18, 2011 8:11 p.m.

Does Double Dragon II count? It had a helicopter battle with a bunch of thugs hopping out to kill you.
  • Howetzer - January 18, 2011 12:33 p.m.

Lol @ Bellakaza.
  • philipshaw - January 18, 2011 11:12 a.m.

When I read the headline I had the same top 3 in my head,also the DR2 boss battle is so stupid but at the same time personifies everything I love about the game
  • barrage7667 - January 18, 2011 10:18 a.m.

@HankVenture The mission with the Chopper IS the carnival mission. I just played Uncharted 2 again 2 days ago. Might i say whoever was playing was pretty darn good.
  • cart00n - January 18, 2011 7:49 a.m.

I like the helicopter "fights" in Split/Second - threadin' the needle 'tween multiple rocket explosions in a souped-up musclecar, rackin' up combos to earn your own missile salvos to fire back, all whilst attempting to beat the best time? The very DEFINITION of an edge-of-your-seat-thrillride!
  • Rattlehead - January 18, 2011 3:37 a.m.

Like the battle in HL2: Ep. 2 more
  • Dutch - January 18, 2011 3:29 a.m.

YO! What about 50cent Blood on the sand! The only bosses you fight in that game are are helicopters RASIST HELECOPTERS!
  • SuperStingray - January 18, 2011 3:20 a.m.

Dude, what the heck? No Prototype? Really? Dead Rising 2 I was definately expecting, but you can't tell me that none the 101 ways you can take down a helicopter in that game kick flying steel ass.
  • quincytheodore - January 18, 2011 3:10 a.m.

"..it’s sending helicopter pilots straight to Beelzebub. We don’t exactly know why Wolvey’s blood pressure gets so riled up every time he sees a chopper. After all, it’s not like their bullets can cause much harm to his indestructible, regenerating ass. Yet every time he sees one, he throws himself at it claws first, like the poor chap inside had just finished double teaming Mrs. Wolverine with the aid of Sabretooth." ^epic writing, the inclusion of Hind made me happy
  • gopikmin - January 18, 2011 2:19 a.m.

I would have wanted Just Cause 2's helicopter fights except that after a bunch of times of doing it, it really isn't badass anymore.
  • NightCrawler_358 - January 18, 2011 12:05 a.m.

Uncharted 2 Chapter 15: Locomotion. after finally rpg-ing the chopper that was giving you trouble the whole trainride, it starts crashing and rolling along the train about to crush you... ! and then it hits the door of the tunnel and your safe. I actually shouted at that moment!
  • Clovin64 - January 17, 2011 11:38 p.m.

Imagine my complete lack of surprise to see Uncharted 2 at #1. I died a fair few times during that chopper battle, but that didnt make it any less awesome. All in all, a brilliant Top 7, with the same brand of humour I've come to expect from Meiks. The Justin Beiber pic and the Keanu Reeves pic made me lol hard.
  • HankVenture - January 17, 2011 11:12 p.m.

@twinkletitsmcgee I only remember bits and pieces of that level, like the end while I fight off people until some time limit..