Topics

Top 7

• taokaka - July 26, 2011 9:34 a.m.

bust a groove was awesome. This list has made me want to play elite beat agents again and save the world from aliens.
  • onewingedantista - July 26, 2011 6:57 a.m.

YAY SLY COOPER! You also forgot the Tango from Sly 2.
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - July 26, 2011 6:32 a.m.

Also (wish I could just edit my first comment), I'm so fucking happy to see Musashi get any kind of love on the site. "Largely forgotten" is accurate, but personally, I'll NEVER forget it.
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - July 26, 2011 6:30 a.m.

I always read the Top 7, but sometimes I look at the topics and say, "This can wait til later." I was like, "Dance battles, I get it." But then I saw Topo in the banner. Marry me, Mikel Reparaz.
  • OmgBBQ - July 26, 2011 5:51 a.m.

I want to have a dance battle with a well-dressed zombie...
  • Tymiegie - July 26, 2011 5:51 a.m.

I love Stubbs the Zombie!!! So glad it wasn't forgotten. Might have to break it out and replay it co-op with one of my friends.
  • NanoElite666 - July 26, 2011 4:51 a.m.

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal had the dance fight with Courtney Gears. She dance around attacking with her backup dancer robots, and you shot her in the face with all manner of weapons of interstellar destruction... Not much of a dance "battle" now that I think of it. More of a "shoot the dancing enemies!" kinda deal I guess... ... Well, Ratchet can do those side-strafe flips. That's kinda like dancing, right? Right?
  • batmanboy11 - July 26, 2011 4:38 a.m.

As always, a good list from the Wikiparaz
  • garnsr - July 26, 2011 4:21 a.m.

I've played half of these. I wonder if you could have gotten 7 Dance Battles out of Nowhere? Bust a Groove and Space Channel 5 are all dancing, but there were a surprising number of non-dance games with dance battles here.
  • Lurkero - July 26, 2011 4:08 a.m.

Space Channel 5 should at least be 1-5 of this list.
  • Yaro - July 26, 2011 3:48 a.m.

I also read it because Mikel wrote it. =)
  • CraigSpanner - July 26, 2011 3:43 a.m.

Stubbs the Zombie is one of my all-time favourite games. Plus, it had co-op campaign.
  • CaptCOMMANDO - July 26, 2011 3:08 a.m.

I read this because Mikel wrote it.
  • 510BrotherPanda - July 26, 2011 3:07 a.m.

Great Top 7, Mikel. Really had fun reading this one! @zonic505 Technically, the blue team in Ouendan 2 aren't villains, they're a rival cheer squad from the next door city district/prefecture. And the disaster was worse than just an Ice Age; the sun had burned out, and needed to be "re-warmed with the power of love"...
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 26, 2011 2:58 a.m.

I love Stubbs! If you haven't played it, download it from Games on Demand on XBL. Sure it's not the greatest game, but it just has so much charm. And the dance battle is probaly one of the best parts.
  • thewulfen - July 26, 2011 2:50 a.m.

The GTA BoGT dancing is pretty awesome just because it is just a random thing to add to the over-the-topness of the DLC.
  • Corsair89 - July 26, 2011 2:44 a.m.

I was just playing the Sly Cooper HD collection and the deadly dance with Mz. Ruby is a fucking frustrating bitch. Fuck that boos.
  • BoxingMarco - July 26, 2011 2:36 a.m.

HELL YEAH STUBBS!!!!
  • kicking222 - July 26, 2011 2:32 a.m.

"Stubbs" wins in my book. "Space Channel 5" is an awesome game, but getting modern indie rock bands to cover '50s classics was a brilliant move. It's a shame the songs aren't otherwise used in the game, but the soundtrack is great, and the dance battle using it is almost as good. I love the moves, I love how Stubbs enters and leaves the dance floor, and I love what a random occurrence the sequence is within the game.
  • zonic505 - July 26, 2011 2:16 a.m.

Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents should've been at least a honorable mention. I mean, you're dancing (& teaming up w/ the villains in the Ouendan games) to save the earth from a meteor, alien invasion, & another ice age.