• dontshootthereviewer - January 23, 2011 12:07 a.m.

Ok I'm totally gonna make that gamesrader car on forza now
  • spideralex90 - January 22, 2011 9:54 p.m.

L.A. Noire. Looking awesome. Also does anyone else think Drakes head looks huge in that trailer screenshot?
  • OrionOnyx - January 22, 2011 8:35 p.m.

I think Skyrim is going to be my favorite game of the year, but we'll just have to wait and see.
  • AnarchyZombie - January 22, 2011 6:54 p.m.

"Gears of Resistance 3:Modern Battlefield" DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO. Tyler Wilde your wit is impeccable.
  • FrozenImplosion - January 22, 2011 5:31 p.m.

I'm so psyched for Portal 2 :D
  • EvilChicken - January 22, 2011 4:01 p.m.

I see no inFAMOUS 2 there. Whatever I don't care, as long as I like it, also there were some good choices there
  • RedOutlive10 - January 22, 2011 3:57 p.m.

@Corsair89 You're right, Zelda is as much RPG as Half-Life is. Both have equipment progression. It's an adventure/action game.
  • philipshaw - January 22, 2011 3:23 p.m.

Most of this list is spot on except for the fact that I think Uncharted 3 or Mass Effect 3 will be game of the year
  • Austin_SJ - January 22, 2011 2:53 p.m.

Catherine is one game that I am utterly intrigued by, Heavy Rain was supposed to be a game with adult themes, but Catherine seems to be way more complex and thematically deep.
  • HowdyCowboyCheesesBurger0911 - January 22, 2011 2:49 p.m.

This seems about right, im really looking forward to arkham city but i think uncharted or portal 2 will get GOTY
  • batman5273 - January 22, 2011 2:33 p.m.

Very good article! It will be nice to pull this article up when the 2011 Platinum Chalice are given out.
  • fetalspray - January 22, 2011 1:48 p.m.

If theres one word that I absolutely cant stand its guesstimate, i hate it it drives me feral!
  • Clovin64 - January 22, 2011 12:19 p.m.

It makes me sad to think that The Last Guardian has little chance of actually geing released this year. At least we have Skyrim. They can't possibly delay Skyrim to 2012? CAN THEY?
  • JohnnyMaverik - January 22, 2011 9:27 a.m.

No way is Arkham City guna be better than Portal 2, I mean Portal is better than Arkham Asylum...
  • Defguru7777 - January 22, 2011 8:45 a.m.

I'm sorry but all I got from this article is that I'm going to be broke by year's end. And since I've got a lot to say, I'll do it in bullet-sized chunks. Can't wait for Gears 3, hope I can get to level 100 in Gears 2 before then. Skyrim will be amazing and I'll love it because I never fully experienced Oblivion. Arkham City will be great, but I still need to play the first one. I wasn't excited for Pokemon Black and White until I got my Enteis from Gamestop for some reason, now I can't wait for them.
  • Shuuvuia - January 22, 2011 7:04 a.m.

Gears of Resistance 3: Modern Battlefield sounds awesome! I hear they're going the Starcraft II route with this one though, and releasing different parts at different times... bummer. But it has ChilocusOpFors, which I hear are really scary enemies.
  • Hunterdnrc - January 22, 2011 6:49 a.m.

No Mass Effect 3? I'm disappointed.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - January 22, 2011 6:10 a.m.

@SergeantHatred Look more closely! We did mention KZ3, Pokemon, Homefront, Brink, and at least one sports game. But you are right that the point was not to suggest which games would be the best of the year, but which would garner the most critical attention and thus yadda yadda awards. :)
  • chilarome - January 22, 2011 5:57 a.m.

I am going to be one of the few on the interwebs who will come back and read this in December to see if they are right (or even use the same awards?)? I sure hope so!
  • SergeantHatred - January 22, 2011 5:55 a.m.

@BoltActionRevolver : I think it's because we love reading them. @GhostLightning : I agree with Wilde, but they also didn't mention. KZ3, Bulletstorm, Deadspace 2, Pokemon, Homefront, Dragonage 2, Shogun: Total War, Witcher 2, Brink, Red Faction, Fear 3, Witcher 2, SSX or any sports games. IT's not that they don't think any of them are going to be good, they just aren't the best or at least, the best of the year. Where would you put FFXIII-2? Best RPG? No, because Skyrim people clamor for. FFXIII-2 is just another bite of something lots of people already got there fill of. Best game probably pushed back to 2012? Hell no, The Last Guardian is way more anticipated as is Diablo 2. Best time murder is another obvious choice, but anyone with any other game coming out this year will probably mull past FFXIII-2, if as Wilde said, it even comes out in 2011. Ps, Good job Wilde.