• manicania - January 9, 2011 4:19 a.m.

I also agree with Chris. Rock Band 3 was a major disappointment.
  • Vincemaster - January 9, 2011 6:04 a.m.

I loved bayonetta, but I can see how it isn't for everyone. But thank God I'm not the only one who passionately hates angry birds.
  • Twizinator - January 9, 2011 7:16 a.m.

I know I’m going to enrage a lot of fans, but I’m picking Halo: Reach. rofl dammit Bratcher, you just picked it to salt the wound xD I <3 Reach, and generally disagree with some of this list (GR, why u no leik RB3???) but damn funny article. I agree with Angry Birds, tho. I played the "lite" (or whatever-the-hell-they-call-it) version and was like "meh. s'okay..."
  • Yeager1122 - January 9, 2011 7:34 a.m.

Agree with force unleashed 2 was excited played it then was just dissapointed.
  • FOZ - January 9, 2011 8:25 a.m.

I don't get the Reach complaints. I think it has the most solid Halo campaign, what were people expecting? I don't understand this fixation on vehicles and big enemies. Vehicle sections get monotonous and big enemies are tedious. I HATED the Big Daddy fights in BioShock. So pouring rounds into a Hunter's back every 5 minutes, or blowing up 3 dozen Ghosts with a Scorpion is hardly my idea of an exciting Halo game. And Scarabs? Tedious. Jumping off of the bridge and killing the whole crew in Halo 2, pretty cool. Driving in circles shooting at their top-cannon until you can get behind them and blow up the core, not so much. It's like, would the Cyberdemon be special if you regularly encountered them after your first fight with one? No, big enemies need to have tons of spacing. I think Bungie realizes that an entire level where you just fight dozens of Ghosts, Banshees and some Scarabs wouldn't be very exciting, nor would the "large scale battles" people might have hyped themselves up for work in Halo. It's just another Halo campaign, and it's solid. Besides that, I don't read the Halo novels or comics or anything, but would it really be wise to deploy a specialist squad of ludicrously expensive and highly trained supersoldiers into a big battle where they can be killed instantly by a stray artillery blast? They aren't ALL interchangeable and I didn't expect 5 fully fleshed-out Spartans in one game, but sure, they aren't fantastic. Jorge was about the only recognizable one. He's the nice guy so of course he has to die in a pointless "the bomb can only be activated manually!" moment. While Emil, the most bland and grating character, gets to survive the longest. Kat got shot in the head. That's it, she's done. The shot went straight through the helmet and killed her instantly because that's how snipers work. That somebody finally realized that rather than everybody crowding around and having a whole DON'T DIE scene was refreshing. But Carter's pointless suicide crash was ridiculous, alright. That's something people can probably agree on.
  • minimaxi - January 9, 2011 8:28 a.m.

mine is Castlevania:Lords of Shadow, but I think I'm alone *sigh* yes, I'm a Castlevania fanboy no, I don't think third dimension automatically ruins Castlevania no, it's NOT better than bayonetta and gow3, not by a long shot in short, it's just plain weak, not to mention highly unoriginal
  • Gurkogg - January 9, 2011 11:01 a.m.

Fallout NV disappointed me, not because I did not enjoy it (played for 300 hours so far), but because it was so damn buggy on release. There are signs all throughout the game that it was released before it was finished. To be honest, with Bethesda's track record I expected it to require at least 1 patch before it would be playable. That does not excuse shoving a game out before it is finished just to get the holiday sales revenue.
  • kamenryuki - January 9, 2011 12:08 p.m.

Not one mention of FF13. Much respect, GR Crew! That game IS awesome. Dang the naysayers.
  • Squander - January 9, 2011 1:13 p.m.

kamenryuki, glad u enjoyed FINAL FANTASY XIII, but I think you represent a minority. Considering the development-time and hype (and the continously high quality of its precessedors) FFXIII is a mere disapointment - also thanks due the -) senseless loot-grinding -) uninspired item- and weapon interaction -) the "always-doing-the-same-just-background-changing"-type of dungeon crawling -) even the characters in battle hardly distinct: just play with Lighning, Hope and Fang throughout the whole game and you are on the safe side! Conclusion: beautiful presentation aside, at its heart, the game is pretty shallow: for me it ranks top among my personal lacklusters 2010 - has nothing to do with naysaying
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - January 9, 2011 5:03 p.m.

I was really looking forward to the Force Unleashed II, but after playing the demo and hearing all the bad stuff about it, I probaly won't get it at all.
  • sklorbit - January 9, 2011 6:23 p.m.

im glad i finally read one of these "most disappointing games of 2010" articles where they are not littered with the all the top games of the year. Gamesradar understands the most disappointing games shouldnt just be all the great games that just didnt live up to their ridiculous expectations. almost all the games on this list simply were not that good. alan wake was one i actually kinda liked, but i get that it should have been better. Gamesradar, thank you for THINKING when picking these games and not just picking games like Red Dead Redemption, and Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Mass Effect 2 because of cource they are overhyped!
  • thedonut - January 9, 2011 7:29 p.m.

I'm kind of disappointed in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Just felt like the first one, but with Yoshi and 2 new power-ups added to it.
  • w3ap0nx - January 9, 2011 7:36 p.m.

I agree with all of the games but bayonetta! actually that game blow me away maybe because I wasn't expecting much of it. I love halo reach but it was a big disappoinment
  • jackthemenace - January 9, 2011 9:22 p.m.

Matthew Keast can burn in hell D:< Bayonetta is the best game i ever played! :D And i just bought angry birds today for my Mac from the new apps store, it's so fun! How can ANYONE hate that?
  • Phazon117 - January 9, 2011 11:41 p.m.

Sorry, Chris, but you're rationale for why Rock Band 3 was your most disappointing game of the year was more disappointing than Quantum Theory. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY EVERY ACCESSORY, that's like saying a PC is crap because it can do more than any other PC on the market, if you're willing to spend a little more IF YOU WANT TO. Not even a half of songs on Rock Band 3 have keyboard support, it's not like every song has it implemented. Also, I thought with how much you hated Splinter Cell: Conviction, you'd pick that, instead of the best music game since Guitar Hero II.
  • XSgtShootemupX - January 10, 2011 12:06 a.m.

Didn't expect to see Metro 2033 here. Not because I think it's flawless, but because I didn't realise anyone remembered it now it's more than a week after release. As much as I love the game (Found it to be one of the highlights of 2010) I do completely agree with the points made. Also, Gran Turismo 5. It hurts. So much potential, so little realised. The physics are far greater than all previous installments, but it's just let down basically everywhere else. I don't however, get why people claim you need to rank up to get damage. I had an extremely bent S14 Silvia in the first race I took it out in.
  • TruckThunders - January 10, 2011 1:44 a.m.

The more I think about it, Rock Band 3 was a pretty big disappointment. It looked good and the new music was nice. But after experiencing how frustrating the keyboard can be and how unrewarding it is, I rarely use it anymore. Once I've played the 30 songs I actually like on the disc, I kind of get bored with it. New DLC is nice, but I hate buying money for DLC that is fun for maybe 10 minutes.
  • mrtimmy - January 10, 2011 1:58 a.m.

I didn't know there were others who hate angry birds as much as I do. It clearly doesn't deserve its popularity. If you have to play a game like it play Crush the Castle or Fragger. They're much more enjoyable. If they make one more version of that game I'm going to hurt someone.
  • KnightDehumidifier - January 10, 2011 4:09 a.m.

I am quite and thoroughly surprised no one mentioned Xbox's Game Room.
  • DeathbyFira - January 10, 2011 9:19 a.m.

I Havent played most of the games and on some i knew it was going to happen but Bayonetta COME FREAKING ON!!!!!!!!! the combat was excellent i loved the boss fights yea the story kinda lacked but wtf i had no issues with the camra and i didnt mind jumping into the fire maybe it is cuz i played devil may cry and it was made by the same dude and i agree with @noob with what he said the art direction and the graphics where amazing i totaly do not agree with ya on that