• SausageLozenge - January 7, 2011 11:49 p.m.

Red Dead Redemption. Atmosphere was great, but the missions were stale and boring.
  • Garlador - January 7, 2011 11:45 p.m.

Here's my most disappointing games of 2010: FINAL FANTASY XIII - "The game gets good after 25+ hours"... you're kidding, right? Nope. The vast majority of the game was just walking forward, fighting, and cutscenes. No fun mini-games. No towns to relax in. No airships. No optional dungeons. Even that would be bearable if there was more than one likable character in the game. There's not. METROID: OTHER M - You really have to try hard to ruin a two-decade run as the greatest female character in games with some of the best, highest-rated games of all time. Sakamoto and Team Ninja did just that but casting the once fearless, stoic, badass Samus as a whimpering emotional wreck with daddy issues and the dullest voice-overs ever recorded. And the gameplay itself was only decent-to-good, but for a series like Metroid, "decent" absolutely doesn't cut it. CRACKDOWN 2 - A sequel should have a number like "2" in the title. Crackdown 2 doesn't deserve it. It's Crackdown 1.5, or even Crackdown 1.2. Even that may be too generous. It's the exact same game with the exact same world with even some of the exact same orb locations and missions, only with somehow less-fun additions and four-player co-op. Two years of waiting and paying full-price for a skin-job game, and even more tragically is that if Realtime Studios had made the game like they had the first, it probably would have been great and they'd still be in business. LOST PLANET 2 - The first game was a fresh, original game. The sequel promised to be bigger, louder, and better than it in every way. Well, it was bigger and louder, but somewhere along the way they forgot the better part. The result was an overblown game full of bugs, terrible AI, an unfair and almost unplayable single-player campaign for solo players, a bland story, and a loss of most of the charm and originality that made its predecessor such a success. Such a shame.
  • foxyexplosion - January 7, 2011 11:40 p.m.

Heh these are all pretty good, Im glad someone else noticed the extremely overpriced keyboard bs. My pick for the year would be asscreebroho, all you need to do is tap a and x quickly into your enemies, quickly throwing them back and attacking seamlessly, to see how theyve destroyed an awesome combat system
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - January 7, 2011 11:40 p.m.

I agree with alot on this list except Rockband 3. Mostly because of the criticizing of the magic that is yes. ESPECIALLY roundabout.
  • crumbdunky - January 7, 2011 11:35 p.m.

Christ, JT was moaning about GT5 BEFORE it released(asking for bad reviwes by suggesting, for the first time ever, that a game needed to be perfect or get hammered)and he's still at it. You upset that people don't agree with the slurs it got, still bought it and al; tend to play it religiously to this day? There's more depth and quality than any other racer out there, it's the most consistently realistic and still as addictive as it ever was. I think you've got obsessed with hating on PD personally. Also, what was wrong with Metro? I didn't expect a production level through the roof but as the first proper console attempt at true survival horror in a FPS it was cool.
  • PooPSock - January 7, 2011 11:33 p.m.

No points to disagree with here, other than Bayonetta (I personally loved it( then again, one of my top games ever was Devil May Cry 3)). @Chris Antista -sad face-...I liked cold as ice.
  • MattMk2 - January 7, 2011 11:09 p.m.

Finally! Matthew Keast you are the first person that I've seen with the same opinion on Bayonetta. Everyone I know loves it, same with all the reviews Ive read. Thank you.
  • Gcayton1 - January 7, 2011 11:01 p.m.

Absolutely on target on most of these. Key word was "disappointing". Not necessarily bad... just games that disappointed from what my expectations were. Reach, 2033, AWake... They didn't end up being as good as I was expecting. btw, registered just to say, good job on the article.
  • ventanger - January 7, 2011 11:01 p.m.

I couldn't agree more about Bayonette if you transferred my thoughts directly from my brain using a USB connection, which would be really cool...
  • BleedingHatMcGillicutty - January 7, 2011 10:45 p.m.

Don't worry, Charlie! I have said all of those same things about Angry Birds from the very beginning! Of course, I also gave Halo Reach an 8 on my site (theoande.blogspot.com), so maybe we are just like-minded individuals.
  • GayforGilbert - January 7, 2011 10:25 p.m.

SO MUCH VITRIOL
  • Aletheon - January 7, 2011 10:19 p.m.

Bayonetta? Wow, sad human being. Angry birds? Terrible choice.
  • DynamicJul - January 7, 2011 10:16 p.m.

@Jsnooks101 They didn't HAVE to do anything. They could have invented any crap story they wanted to.
  • DarknessEmerges - January 7, 2011 10:15 p.m.

Like danielbrb I made an account just to agree with Charlie. I HATE Angry Birds. All my friends love it but I dont see whats so great about it. It's just one of those stupid catapult and castle games that are all over the internet for free but done with Birds and those green things. Charlie you are not alone, I hate Angry Birds too.
  • DinklemanDog - January 7, 2011 10:12 p.m.

Angry Birds is "about as much fun as watching a confused bird accidentally bounce off my office window" So funny as hell then?
  • bradmillow0 - January 7, 2011 10:11 p.m.

I agree Charlie, Angry Birds sucks
  • Jsnooks101 - January 7, 2011 10:08 p.m.

I don't want to sound like a screechy halo fan boy but, To be fair in one game they had to introduce 6 new main characters and other slightly less important characters. ( which they did quite well i believe as i'm sure u can distinguish between each characters personality and style). They then had to kill off all 6 characters to fit in with the halo canon and then kill them off while telling the story of cortana etc ...also i know im sad but spartans don't have their shields on all the time cos it takes huge amounts of power and makes moving generally difficult in non-combat situations it's like being inside a skintight condom ... nasty thought ...
  • Imgema - January 7, 2011 10:07 p.m.

No hate for OtherM?
  • infernox - January 7, 2011 10:07 p.m.

im glad other feel the same way about bayonetta. i like angry birds but i just realised that i havent actually listened to the music as i play it with my own music on in the background. its just a flash game you play your fingers.
  • pizzasmellslikechrisantista - January 7, 2011 9:53 p.m.

Angry birds was so disapointing that it leaked into 2010. Finaly someone who shares my sentaments on that wonderfully average game