• shorty_bobert - January 8, 2011 3:05 a.m.

So, my first though was to say "Halo: Reach." Then I clicked on the link and proceeded to "lmao"
  • FauxFurry - January 8, 2011 2:59 a.m.

So...Fable 3 delivered on all fronts for GamesRadar's editors? Was Final Fantasy XIII was exactly what everyone on staff hoped it would be? Did God of War 3 give everyone everything that they wanted from the conclusion to the epic trilogy? Will wonders never cease?
  • Dredgon - January 8, 2011 2:55 a.m.

Way to jump on the anti-Alan Wake bangwagon, guys! It is without a doubt one of the best games of the year with a phenomenal, twisting story paying homage to great authors and stories alike. Would it kill you guys to not copout and regurgitate what everyone else has said and just see how great a game this actually is?! C'mon, it's not that hard!
  • wiitard07 - January 8, 2011 2:38 a.m.

I love you Charlie. As I have said a MILLION times before Angry Birds is a crappy physics demo masquerading as a game and is all luck and NO skill.
  • vorpal77 - January 8, 2011 2:29 a.m.

umm, force unleashed 2, metro 2033, and halo reach? aren't all these like 8 or better out of 10 in most mags why are they on the list? I don't get it. I played way worse games this year, way worse. First of all metro 2033 was actually a great game except for two things. one was there were enemies in the library that were invincible and there were parts you had to run or you died and it took a while to figure it out. Other than that the game was a masterpiece. the other two were just mediocre sequels what did you expect? you could sell blank dvd with star wars or halo on it and still make 100 million from it. But metro was an original and awesome game. If you guys have nothing to write about I'd appreciate if you wrote about something good instead of bashing games that were original and cool. How many games have ammo for money? Fallout 3 didn't even do that. That was totally original and made the game really unique. Anyway, the rest of the games did suck so good job on bashing them. peace
  • lovinmyps3 - January 8, 2011 2:07 a.m.

I love Bayonetta so much! One of my favorite games of the year! How dare you have an honest opinion and independent thought Matt Keast!
  • BurntToShreds - January 8, 2011 1:57 a.m.

Seriously, Bungie, you gave me some serious blue balls with your final Halo game. I wanted to fight in the huge ass battle that all the vehicles were charging towards, not get stuck on a rocky outcrop with Kat. I wanted to take down those Scarabs instead of delivering the package on time like some delivery boy. I would have absolutely loved participating in an aerial battle, supporting ground units and all that, with a Sabre or maybe even finally get to pilot a Pelican. On the other hand, I thought the Spartans were all fleshed out well. You got a mission with each of them. Well except for Carter, but I guess it was for the best because he was the most generic.
  • d0x - January 8, 2011 1:57 a.m.

How can you hate on Alan Wake!? Gah! The game that pissed me off the most is easily Gran Turismo 5. Everything he said up above is true. Im a hardcore racing sim junkie. I have a $400 leather racing seat with multiple wheel mounts! I love racing games...I hate GT5. Its stuck in the past and it has many issues that Gt3 and 4 had that it makes me cry blood. Polyphony is done, they obviously dont care what fans think since they never fix anything. They wasted a huge dev cycle and released an unfinished game with a massive chunk of ugly cars that handle unrealistically. Next.
  • Crabhand - January 8, 2011 1:27 a.m.

GOD DAMN YOU CHRIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I can barely hold back my fanboy rage, but you are right to hate the peripheral overload. And the song choices are completely subjective so there is no point arguing them. I would just like to note the numerous interface changes do make the game software worth the upgrade.
  • D0CCON - January 8, 2011 1:20 a.m.

I understand the peripheral hate and I understand that some songs were boring on some instruments so the keyboard can have its place, but I really liked the setlist for Rock Band 3. RB2 used to be my undisputed choice for best setlist ever and now I have to question that (I wouldn't say RB3 beats it, but it is too hard to choose). I found it interesting that I loved one song (Cold as Ice) and liked another (Walking on the Sun) and they were picked as the awful crap.
  • Vulneratus - January 8, 2011 1:18 a.m.

Keast, you are a legend. Bayonetta was easily the most over-hyped game I've played all year. As for Halo: Reach, well... you could say the same about all of them since the 2nd one. Angry Birds just pissed me off cos suddenly my non-gaming friends were all playing it on their iPhones. And you simply can't argue with Miguel at the best of times. But when he proposes that pile of excrement for this list, the man is just untouchable. But Metro 2033!!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!..... I have to say for what it is... I enjoyed it. p.s. How dare you all have opinions!! :)
  • bobbybroccoli - January 8, 2011 12:55 a.m.

I laugh at GT5. I diasgree with angry birds.
  • moh82sy - January 8, 2011 12:49 a.m.

Articles like this what makes Games Radar the best video games site in recent years.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 8, 2011 12:48 a.m.

I agree 1000 bajillion percent. Especially with Halo Reach. Bearhat, I salute you.
  • Eliath - January 8, 2011 12:44 a.m.

@Charlie I see your hate and raise you a kick in the nether regions. Not only do I dislike the game, but I have managers one and two levels up that are obsessive over it. One of them even suggested once that I need to learn to disconnect right before he pulled out his phone and started playing it while I sat there reading a book.
  • purple_omlet - January 8, 2011 12:37 a.m.

Gran Turismo isn't exactly a let down for me, since I have always hated that series, especially with the much better option of burnout always being there. The back end of that car looks like something rendered in the original Doom.
  • Craza - January 8, 2011 12:35 a.m.

All of the kids at school are playing Angry Birds on their iPhones and Androids. All I hear throughout the whole day are the sounds of those damned birds exploding. My one friend had downloaded the demo onto his iPhone, but never played it. I asked him if I could try it out and he let me. .......I was disappointed. It was exactly like a free Flash game that I had seen another friend play on the internet, some castle smashing game with a trebuchet. I had never even really knew what the goal was in Angry Birds, but the art style and sound effects were interesting. However, when I found that the concept of the game wasn't original and that it was your typical castle crasher flash game, I was immediately turned off. I had expected some grand, completely new and original casual game that everyone was raving about. I expected it to be charming and original like Plants vs. Zombies, which I love. I was greatly disappointed, and just as surprised as Charlie Barratt was at how everyone was screaming over this game. There you go Barratt, one review of Angry Birds you can agree with. XP
  • sexyman500 - January 8, 2011 12:18 a.m.

i agree with a lot of this but i have to say another game would have to take the cake for most disappointing game of 2010. BIOSHOCK 2 oh god the pain. Not only was it only a recyclable (cash in) squeal to a fantastic game (which should have been a stand alone game) it was plagued with mind numbing repetition, uninteresting plot (well sort of) but the so called "morale choices" where to few and to minor. The characters are mere pathetic shadows of the great line up in the first bioshock. Thankfully it only went for 6 hours or so, that itself fueled the fire of how crappy and overrated it had become. I swear when a game/movie is called "great" every god damn review about the thing is called fantastic e.g avatar/bioshock 2. And how you gave it a 10/10 is beyond me. And god don't get me started on the multi player
  • marioman50 - January 8, 2011 12:14 a.m.

Justin Towell's entry should have been used as gamesradar's official review of Gran Turismo. Made me laugh.
  • oneshotfinch - January 7, 2011 11:51 p.m.

Charlie I just want to let you know you're now my favourite editor.