• Tikicobra - January 8, 2011 4:32 p.m.

I just decided yesterday to jump on the Angry Birds bandwagon. I actually think it's pretty fun, though overrated, but does no one realize that there were games like that before Angry Birds? Remember Crush the Castle on Armor Games? Same thing. Seriously, Angry Birds wasn't the first game of its kind. It gets too much credit.
  • mentalityljs - January 8, 2011 3:56 p.m.

Wow Justin, I never thought someone could hate a game as much as you do GT5. But I heard it was quite the let down.
  • NightCrawler_358 - January 8, 2011 3:05 p.m.

I'm very surprised nobody has said Fallout New Vegas. I bought it day 1, but it was so riddled with bugs, pop ins and lag lag lag that i couldn't play it for 2 weeks, til they patched it. Even then it was still buggy. Besides all of this, it isn't that big of a step up to 3. Let's just say I mad bro.
  • CharlieFockstrot - January 8, 2011 2:10 p.m.

Say something controversial = lots of comments = lots of page views = lots of advertising revenue. Anybody else getting sick of the bullsh1t merry-go-round yet???
  • CitizenWolfie - January 8, 2011 1:09 p.m.

Agree 100% on Alan Wake, Metro 2033 and Bayonetta. Especially Bayonetta after all the praise it got. Played it and felt like I was playing a 10 year old game albeit with better graphics. Also was initially disappointed with Fallout: New Vegas but it won me round after meeting Yes Man.
  • sniper141 - January 8, 2011 12:37 p.m.

Guys come on Alan Wake isnt that bad
  • blodden - January 8, 2011 11:23 a.m.

Don't you DARE slag off Bayonetta!! It was amazing!
  • Bawheidbob - January 8, 2011 11:03 a.m.

Well done Mr Towell - 'You cant handle the truth' but there it is in black and white and how correct you are.
  • Octoboy - January 8, 2011 10:52 a.m.

Charlie, you're not alone. I really don't understand any of the hype either. More importantly, I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who didn't like Bayonetta at all. I think it's just a ridiculous game, and not in a good way. Yes, I do get the whole over-the-top design. But, as Matthew pointed out correctly, it's ultimately a rather flawed game and I will never understand how and why it got its stellar ratings. Overall, I agree with all of your personal picks. Thank God you didn't include Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption.
  • Lionzest7 - January 8, 2011 10:33 a.m.

no mention of lost planet 2 here? I am disappoint.
  • jmcgrotty - January 8, 2011 9:15 a.m.

The whole Halo franchised peaked 20 minutes into Halo 1. Why are people still supporting a bad franchise?
  • Brumbek - January 8, 2011 8:51 a.m.

Wow, several of these games were incredibly awesome, specifically Metro 2033 and Rock Band 3...to single them out as disappointing is laughable. Metro 2033 bad stealth and level design? Lolwut? Then again, most of your people picked truly disappointing games so fair enough. But seriously, Mr. Grimm, hopefully someday you will replay Metro 2033 and realize it's the most atmospheric FPS ever released.
  • FinderKeeper - January 8, 2011 7 a.m.

To those puzzled by the inclusion of their favorite games that got such good scores from GR et al., the subject of the article is most "Disappointing" games. And the subheading as much as tells you "there are some good games in here". The point is not that these games were deemed bad, but that they represent unrealized potential (Metro 2033), were not worth the interminable wait (Alan Wake, GT 5), and/or have been overpraised by the gaming community writ large (i.e. Angry Birds). However, some of these games seem to have elicited more than the pedestrian "meh" shrugs of disappointment among the GR staff... Isn't 'Week of Hate' supposed to come later in the year than this? ;-)
  • theintellectual - January 8, 2011 6:46 a.m.

*amazing
  • theintellectual - January 8, 2011 6:45 a.m.

after so much hype i still fail to see the appeal of angry birds. its really little more then a cheap rip off of crush the castle (an mazing flash game by the way).
  • Thelonius - January 8, 2011 6:45 a.m.

Glad i'm not the only one that feels that way about Angry Birds. Great article guys!
  • Squander - January 8, 2011 6:03 a.m.

Final Fantasy XIII has to be on that list, I can't tell you one person that was fully satisfied with it and I am living in JAPAN! The game took too many steps back then forward - a little bit more traditional the next time! Hell, even FF-merchandize is ruled out by Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter... the same goes for Lost Planet 2, just awful considering how good the first game was (taken into account that it was a starter-game!) Bayonetta and Angry Birds?? c'mon guys...
  • QWERTYCommander - January 8, 2011 5:39 a.m.

Jesus, Justin! I thought you gave GT5 a 7!
  • Taxtm - January 8, 2011 5:07 a.m.

Don't worry, Charlie Baratt, you are not alone. lol To be honest, I can't understand the appeal of Angry Birds either. I keep trying to get into it, and every time, after maybe 3 minutes, I end up asking myself what the point is in continuing. There's just no incentive to me, and when the whole game seems to revolve around making a lucky shot to continue, there's just little to no real reason I see to continue on.
  • quincytheodore - January 8, 2011 4:37 a.m.

Wow some of these are actually good. Maybe I wasn't caught up in Alan Wake's hype train so I didn't put a too much hope in it, I thought it was okay. The city section was good, reminded me a lot of Silent Hill without the iron grid transformation. It did slog a bit though but easily 8/10. Metro 2033 was actually more atmospheric than I had hope for, the mechanics could be better. And Bayonetta, come on, that is awesome. Any lesser game could be cheesy and unappealing, but Bayo is gratifyingly fun. If I have to pick one, it's Fable 3. The whole artistic design just doesn't work for me, it feels childish and cartoony. I can't relate to the chars, and the combat is so boring. Just saying.