Topics

Old-school

• ulmxn - April 15, 2011 1:15 a.m.

I loved the hell pit level in mk3, especially super uppercutting someone up into the level above. Let's hope the new MK will have all the greatest stages from the first 4 games.
  • ulmxn - April 15, 2011 1:12 a.m.

Did everything need to blow up in MK2? By the way, I grew up (I'm 14) playing the originals! Nostalgia ftw!
  • fakesmilesofasadclown - April 14, 2011 5:51 p.m.

Ok um just wondering, but why was scorpions animality a penguin?? surly it shold have been ohhhh i dunno a freaking scorpion?? lol
  • Synchronatic - April 14, 2011 7:26 a.m.

I can't believe somebody actually went this in-depth in researching and documenting Scorpion and Sub-Zero. I salute you sir. It made for a fucking fantastic read. Kombat Week is knocking my socks off! I can't get enough.
  • FETALJUICE - April 14, 2011 3:40 a.m.

I love the MK storyline and I can't wait to play MK next week!
  • ViolentLee - April 14, 2011 2:01 a.m.

Come on...no mention of the "white" Sub-Zero looking like Henry Rollins? It's a dead-on match!
  • SillyPigeon - April 13, 2011 10:25 p.m.

Never been a MK fan but found this utterly fascinating and funny. Nice one Mikel!
  • MinxRiot - April 13, 2011 7:22 p.m.

Anyone else notice that Cyber Sub-Zero looks kinda like Predator?
  • MechaGecko - April 13, 2011 7:20 p.m.

Wow i just thought they were just polygons with some issues but this is a revelation. Thank you Mr.Reparaz
  • jackthemenace - April 13, 2011 6:53 p.m.

OMG, it's out next week...!? I want it so badly, but i have NO CASH...
  • FauxFurry - April 13, 2011 6:53 p.m.

I'VE NEVER SEEN A CYBER SUB-ZERO TRANSFORMATION. I expected Cyber-Zero to look a lot more like an ice-box, to be honest. Why no 'Thermometer' transformation for Scorpion? I've always wondered why there was no mystical love-hate child of these two, Steam, simply because the hate was so potent, at least early in their relationship. Then again, a name like that might fit a female ninja from the Mortal Kombat universe. Bone-Chiller sounds more appropriate for a guy fresh out of frozen Hell. Thinking of which, it is for the best that Sub-Zero started dressing more warmly again like a proper frigid ice que...King of Kold Kombat. He should leave that kind of get-up to the real hot-blooded flame flinging pros like Mai Shiranui before he hurts himself (or at least his ego, which is bound to be brittle, considering how cold his heart supposedly is, if that one song is to be trusted).
  • Wazzle - April 13, 2011 5:28 p.m.

Scorpion turns into a egg bomb dropping penguin... OF COURSE!
  • md1292 - April 13, 2011 3:51 p.m.

Amazing article. I've never owned a MK game, but it was cool to find out about arguably the two most iconic characters from the franchise. I might buy the new game because of this article.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 13, 2011 3:48 p.m.

"GET OVER HERE!!!" That and "SHORYUKEN!" always bring me back to my childhood. Seeing the beat 'em up having such a great revival warms the cockles :) On topic, I can't believe Scorpion was missing from the original MK3. My mate had it and I hated the fact he wasn't in it. Both characters seemed to go off the rails (look wise) towards the later days, but good to see them back on track.
  • AntistasMetroid - April 13, 2011 2:33 p.m.

Damn Wikiparaz! This must have taken some serious time to create! Awesome work on this feature. I didn't think all that goofy MK lore went so deep. Loving the MK week. Excellent feature. Very comprehensive.
  • Japanaman - April 13, 2011 2:18 p.m.

I didn't understand Sub-Zero looking old one bit. I mean, how does the original Sub-Zero's YOUNGER brother who has black hair go to mostly black hair, to silver hair, to white hair in four games? No one else aged that much! It's like they want him to look like Cable or something.
  • philipshaw - April 13, 2011 2:07 p.m.

I love when you do features like this Mikel,great stuff
  • Outlander - April 13, 2011 1:23 p.m.

Great article! With MK being my second favorite franchise, I'm really enjoying this "Week of Mortal Kombat."
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - April 13, 2011 12:14 p.m.

Loving MK week! brilliant article I can't wait for this game
  • NightCrawler_358 - April 13, 2011 11:56 a.m.

Awesome article. I really want to get Mortal Kombat, but I want to get Portal 2 first so I get to try Steamworks, and get the PC version. (I'd buy P2 or MK on PS3)