Topics

E3

• Spybreak8 - June 19, 2011 2:42 a.m.

For all the CE out there, just wait. Aside from Mass Effect, that's just me, I've waited on all my Collector Editions and have made off handsomely at the same time. That Halo cat helmet, 60 bucks on Amazon as a DotD.
  • kachigop - June 18, 2011 4:40 p.m.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I died a little bit inside when I heard GameCube was getting shelved. Some third-party designer needs to make an all-inclusive Nintendo console than plays NES, SNES, N64, GC, and Wii games. Maybe even some Gameboy features. Get on that internet.
  • D0CCON - June 17, 2011 7:25 p.m.

@usmovers_02 You can still play the maps on the remake's disc. An article did mention that you could use the maps on Halo Reach, but you don't have to. Reach isn't required.
  • therawski - June 16, 2011 10:45 p.m.

Beyond Good & Evil Forever (dur) Halo 1 HD Shockingly Reasonable $39.99!!!??? I'd give em maybe $5 for it if it included free online play, so guess what?
  • RedOutlive10 - June 16, 2011 10:41 p.m.

No Beyond Good & Evil 2... There's your proof that there's no god in this world.
  • Hipopapotamus - June 16, 2011 7:37 p.m.

I would happily pay more than 15 quid for an hd billy hatcher. I would even go as far as to say i would sell my soul for it
  • NightCrawler_358 - June 16, 2011 7:28 p.m.

Cool stuff, too bad about the no NGC though. As for Pokemon, I've always wanted a console version in the same style as the handhelds, but with a huge world, and just more content. None of this Snap, Trozei, Pinball crap.
  • Darkwun - June 16, 2011 5:03 p.m.

i thought that would be the case with the wii u, but a shame to have it confirmed. i have about 50 or so gc games n my tv is getting CLUTTERED with consoles, and it sucks i have to keep my wii around just for gc games. also the BG&E news makes me wanna cry... i agree, this teasing is killing me, just fuckin cancel it already and stop toying with my emotions!
  • Robusken - June 16, 2011 4:39 p.m.

Wait...so that was the big Pokemon game they kept hinting at? Lame >.>
  • erikslev - June 16, 2011 4:27 p.m.

BG&E 2 is perfect for the Wii U because of the controller and how it will mimic a camera perfectly.
  • usmovers_02 - June 16, 2011 4:18 p.m.

$40 is way too much for a HD remake that requires Halo Reach to play the multiplayer.
  • LOZ4EVAH - June 16, 2011 4:07 p.m.

Dang that sucks about the GameCube games. i first experinced the Metroid Prime series using the backward compatibility of my Wii
  • SonicX_89 - June 16, 2011 2:11 p.m.

It was very weird for me to see that the article mentioned Nintendo has 1st party developers, even though I knew they had them. I kinda forget that not ALL of the games that come out of Nintendo aren't produced 100% internally.
  • philipshaw - June 16, 2011 1:09 p.m.

The news that we won't get a new beyond good and evil this gen makes me sad. I was playing the HD version last night and that game is still great
  • jmcgrotty - June 16, 2011 10:32 a.m.

GrandTheftAuto, what they actually meant, and you aren't taking into account was the price of the game compared to the quality of the games. No way in hell should any game the quality of any Halo game ever cost more than $20 (U.S.). (Note: Yes, I know this is not what the article really meant. Don't bother correcting me. Just a failed attempt at humor.)
  • insertdisk - June 16, 2011 9:14 a.m.

Someone needs to take the initiative with making games cheaper. If I was EA i would put battlefield 3 at least £5 cheaper.
  • GrandTheftAuto - June 16, 2011 8:43 a.m.

Wait WHAT? Halo games overpriced? Alright i get it why the special editions of all the games are expensive but from Halo 3 to Reach (incl ODST) must be the cheapest 360 games that i got at release (Sweden)
  • Limbo - June 16, 2011 5:13 a.m.

I actually play Gamecube games on my Wii more often than actual Wii games. Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, and Wind Waker never get old.
  • GameManiac - June 16, 2011 3:58 a.m.

I don't have any Gamecube games, although there were a few that interested me (Star Fox Assault, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.) If I do get a Wii U, and decide to play Gamecube games, at least I'll still have my Wii.
  • garnsr - June 16, 2011 3:45 a.m.

This article could have used some proofreading. I recently used my Gamecube to play Gameboy Advance carts. Wii can't do that, I wonder if they'll bring the Castlevania and Metroid games out on the store?