Topics

summer

• AtrocityExhibition - October 8, 2009 4:40 a.m.

what!? the water level in Earthworm Jim isnt that bad, i found it pretty easy and its pretty fun
  • Topher513 - October 8, 2009 4:25 a.m.

C'mon, guys. The Water Temple in OoT wasn't that bad. Hell, it's one of the few dungeons in the whole series that I haven't needed a little guidance to get through. Worst part for me was fighting with the hookshot underwater.
  • manmeatpizza - October 8, 2009 3:39 a.m.

WoW? Like when you have to find that treasure in the middle of the sea to complete the quest to learn the spell to turn into a bear. WTF?!
  • manmeatpizza - October 8, 2009 3:36 a.m.

P.S. I loved the water Temple in Twilight Princess. I mean making the water level rise and cascade waterfall style down to other rooms (all controlled of you) makes it my favorite dungeon in any Zelda game.
  • manmeatpizza - October 8, 2009 3:29 a.m.

Same. I actually look forward to Zelda water levels now and no I'm not one of those ppl who get pleasure out of playing Ninja Gaiden. Earthworm Jim wasn't too bad if I remember correctly. Anyway, well done Brett. You made my read that whole article, word-for-word and i can't say that very often.
  • thatoneperson - October 8, 2009 2:53 a.m.

the first line in the article hurt my feelings :(
  • lucashintz - October 8, 2009 2:26 a.m.

Bawwww! I miss paul (a)ryan! This reminded me of him *sobs*
  • DarkPaladin - October 8, 2009 1:58 a.m.

Not a level in itself, but for the longest time any quest in World of Warcraft that involved going underwater was something you abandoned unless you wanted to die repeatedly due to mobs that could somehow aggro and hit you through the environment even though you couldn't see or target them (especially those freaking murlocs), the standard reduced speed while swimming, and quest objectives that were almost impossible to collect within the standard breath timer. Water-breathing potions were almost a must. Better now that WotLK lengthened all races breath timer times three, but still annoying.
  • RedOutlive10 - October 8, 2009 1:56 a.m.

Majora's Mask nailed the problem of water levels to me. Using the Zora mask made swimming fast and fluid, something most games don't do. I didn't think the Water Temple in OoT was that horrible, but the slow pace of switching boots and waiting to get down there bored me to death.
  • clownofdeath - October 8, 2009 1:26 a.m.

dear god. thanks for the tmnt reminder, I had blocked those memories. I just played through the mua water level and it made me quit, and play gears 2.
  • JoeMasturbaby - October 8, 2009 1:08 a.m.

WATER TEMPLE RAAAAAAAAGGGE!! metroid prime water parts were ok though, not that tough or annoying.
  • FETALJUICE - October 8, 2009 12:14 a.m.

As a kid, I fucked up on the Water Temple by using a small key on the wrong door and I was FORCED to replay the entire game up to that point again. It was traumatizing. Yes, the water levels of DKC were awesome, ESPECIALLY the Poison Pond level in the Industrial area.
  • WeaselWithAGun - October 8, 2009 12:03 a.m.

The reason i hated the sonic water levels was the music when you run out of air. Scared the hell out of me.
  • Phazon117 - October 7, 2009 11:49 p.m.

I really still dread the countdown before Sonic dies underwater. It's like a sped up 16 bit Jaws.
  • Nin10DOH - October 7, 2009 11:35 p.m.

not surprised the water temple was on there. I need a walkthrough every time i replay Ocarina!!
  • CH3BURASHKA - October 7, 2009 11:33 p.m.

I was watching some Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3 and I recognized the underwater theme from 1 was on the sad music from the Tylercast. Miss ya, T-dog.
  • GIJoe01 - October 7, 2009 11:20 p.m.

You guys should do the BEST Water levels list next. I think Dino Crisis 2 had a pretty badass water section.
  • twishart - October 7, 2009 11:17 p.m.

Wow, Goofy's eyes are GLUED to Ariel's chest.
  • toastedmilk - October 7, 2009 10:59 p.m.

i really think that the water temple is rather fun and while i can see the annoying aspects, i like the change of pace. on the other hand, i hate the super mario 64 water levels, which are rarely brought up.
  • RatPuncher - October 7, 2009 10:58 p.m.

GOD, I hate Sonic's water levels!! It took me soooo long to get past stage 2-2 on Sonic 2, just because of the stupid water! Ironically, the reCaptcha contains the word moat. :)