• TomMishkin - August 26, 2009 5:12 p.m.

Great feature, although I can't help but notice a major absence: RPG's inventory. As in "how can a tiny, green-clad elf fit a raft, a candle, a ladder, hundreds of rupees and stuff into his backpack?". Unless you consider Link to be a tree-sized, green-clad elf. But that would mean Hyrule's swarming with tree-sized SPIDERS AND OCTOPUSES. Suspension of disbelief's a bitch.
  • dauntless2000 - August 26, 2009 4:06 p.m.

Take this From a History Teacher in Training The Army Air Corp can also be called the ARMY AIR FORCE! If you don't want to take it from me TALK TO THE GUNNY. (MAIL CALL)
  • goochbiscuit - August 26, 2009 3:36 p.m.

I love the Indy reference!
  • MitsuharuSan - August 26, 2009 2:43 p.m.

AWESOME article!
  • disturbedanomaly36 - August 26, 2009 2:15 p.m.

call me a noob, but that is usualy the only way i can kill anyone on CoD yeh, i suck that much at it
  • GrantG - August 26, 2009 1:25 p.m.

everyone knows that if someone pulls a gun on you the best thing to do is get a knife, because it takes 20 shots with a gun to kill you, but if you even touch them with the knife they will die.
  • MailMan - August 26, 2009 1:01 p.m.

Love it, all my geeky rage funneled into an article :D One thing I have to add though, as a bit of a military geek, is all the inaccuracies in regards to the SAS in COD:4, that really gets on my tits, I mean, why the F**K are the RAF using black hawks?! And hereford full of humvees and US style training courses?! And when captain price said in one mission to "get on that dumpster", I spent about 10 mins running round looking for a 'dump truck', not realising he was referring to what in britain we'd simly call a BIN, so why is an englishman using US Colloquialism?!?! It all smacks of laziness if you ask me, ARGH IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!!! OK, rant over, peace and love to all beings :D
  • winerooster - August 26, 2009 12:21 p.m.

I've heard of mice that commit suicide in large groups by falling down from cliffs.It's supposed to be nature's way to preserve balance in creatures' numbers.Don't know if it's true though...
  • speno93 - August 26, 2009 7:31 a.m.

oh that 1 is supposed to be a! damn recaptcha:plau kolker oh come on these dont even sound like proper words anymore
  • AyJay - August 26, 2009 7:13 a.m.

actually, technically, in mario you fight koopas, not turtles.
  • snothammer - August 26, 2009 6:58 a.m.

This article is amazing. Wonderful job.
  • pikachu2000 - August 26, 2009 5:52 a.m.

As usual, trying to put real world concepts in the fanasty world will only make the game so damn boring. Real world physics is just plain dull and won't stay poplar for long. Isn't games suppose to be an escape from reality, not an extension of life?
  • SmashTVAnt - August 26, 2009 4:51 a.m.

Glad to see this article up. Better late than never. Good stuff man.
  • spongejerk89 - August 26, 2009 4:14 a.m.

Sorry for my bad grammar in my post above, but I think you get my point. I shouldn't have been typing and watching David Letterman at the same time.
  • spongejerk89 - August 26, 2009 4:12 a.m.

On the Halo thin you're wrong about it being wrong. In the picture you posted on him shooting the Spartan Laser he's not in space, but he's on the Ark. The ark and all of the other rings have an environment that is almost identical to Earth's. If the laser shows on earth which it would than it would show on the Ark.
  • xtraRawN00b - August 26, 2009 3:34 a.m.

Tyler Wilde, great articl, too bad you ripped it of off OXM. They did this a few months ago. Dude have you heard of the APA?
  • Mavarious - August 26, 2009 3:22 a.m.

I was laying on the floor with my left hand on my face and my legs sort of crossed and I'd just finished my dr. pepper. Genius. Probably the best article I've read anywhere in a long time. Hilarious, everything is well timed and well said. Oh and that scene in Indiana Jones is one of my favorite movie scenes ever, so you get bonus points.
  • SincualaS - August 26, 2009 2:44 a.m.

as i started to read this article, i did indeed have a sugary carbonated beverage, my left hand was on my face, but alas, i did not have my legs crossed reCaptcha: chang jamieson
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - August 26, 2009 2:27 a.m.

this was golden material for week of geek
  • TheWebSwinger - August 26, 2009 12:58 a.m.

Indeed, I, too, am an expert in facts. I know several.