Topics

TalkRadar

• Transmatrix - February 27, 2011 12:01 a.m.

God damn it, I can't type today... I made a TYPO, not a type. Sheesh...
  • H311DUCk - February 26, 2011 11:46 p.m.

...Bag of Sour Cream?
  • Transmatrix - February 26, 2011 11:39 p.m.

FYI, just realized a type I made. Should say "I don't think Talkradar could truly ever suck, but it could definitely be less awesome if the hosts are NOT allowed to do the show they want to do."
  • Transmatrix - February 26, 2011 11:37 p.m.

One of Cnet's podcasts (the 404) was originally uncensored and genuine. After awhile Cnet apparently got wind of how awesome it was and decided to filter the show and wouldn't let the hosts be as crude and genuine as they were originally. The show now sucks. I would hate for Talkradar to go down the same path. I don't think Talkradar could truly ever suck, but it could definitely be less awesome if the hosts are allowed to do the show they want to do. That's the awesomeness that is new media: anything goes. If it wasn't for Tdar, I wouldn't give a shit about Gamesradar. That show and the guys that put it on (Chris, Brett, Mikel and all the others) are the reason I frequent this site. Hell, they're one of the reasons I'm planning on going to PAX this year. Maybe that's because I'm a 30yr old gamer and they feel like old friends to me, or maybe it's just because they're that awesome...
  • barrazie - February 26, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Talkradar is the SOUL(caps = emphasis!) of GamesRadar. It has endeared itself and, by association, this site to a segment of the gaming public that has no interest in the sanitized, "lowest common denominator", mass media style podcasts and publications who serve as shills for the big three or guides for the bland gamer. Talkradar speaks to us as an old friend would, sincere and unfiltered, familiar and unabashed. It is this candor that makes casual listeners and readers into loyal, no, ravenous fans. Forward looking companies seek to create this kind of relationship with their customers, knowing that it is the relationship that will carry on as media grows and changes or dies away. Nurturing Talkradar should be high on the list of things to do at Future. This personal connection can, potentially, give advertisers a chance to reach an intensely saturated market. Quality products that the hosts actually enjoy or regard highly will find huge success with this model. "Growing" the audience by censoring of stifling the creatives will only dilute its appeal. Creating another boring podcast filled with pg-13 humor and safe content serves no one, Future nor the fans. Instead, feed TalkRadar. Fuel it and it will pay dividens. TalkRadar is authentic beyond reproach. TalkRadar is the future of gams jeurnalism and it will out last any magazine or other traditional media. TalkRadar is the king of games media.
  • SpacemanSpiffy - February 26, 2011 8:52 p.m.

Great episode this week. Loved the music!
  • garfunkling - February 26, 2011 8:21 p.m.

Hello guys! Enjoyed the glowing stars bit.This week I heard a guy on my local news radio station that sounded just like tyler wilde. It was bizarre, but what made it stranger was he was talking about polar bears.
  • Viper5221 - February 26, 2011 8:18 p.m.

Great show guys keep up the great work.
  • TruckThunders - February 26, 2011 7:39 p.m.

Great episode. Always glad to have TalkRadar on a Friday.
  • JTHomeslice465 - February 26, 2011 7:32 p.m.

If I could have sex with a podcast, it would be Talkradar.
  • Tenfey - February 26, 2011 7:11 p.m.

Halley's Comment
  • juicenpancakes - February 26, 2011 6:58 p.m.

Now I'm paranoid that some higher-up will read my comment an get mad. I was just upset because you guys were clearly bothered and upset. Mark my words, if I win the lottery, I'll buy GamesRadar and we'll just play Mario Golf all day long.
  • Phil0syfee - February 26, 2011 6:21 p.m.

Thanks for the shout-out StrangleMe! Great show this week love the music and can't wait to hear more from The Glowing Stars.
  • juicenpancakes - February 26, 2011 5:01 p.m.

Well that was a rather depressing cast... If you need us to start a thread telling Future executives to stop being such meanie-pants, I shall oblige. Fight the Power!
  • OoONUMBOoO - February 26, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Love this episode! Sucks you guys and often gals can't booze it up anymore...
  • Harrier88 - February 26, 2011 3:23 p.m.

Talkradar is the bomb.
  • philipshaw - February 26, 2011 1:54 p.m.

My weekend has begun
  • smikey1123 - February 26, 2011 12:55 p.m.

woot and the played my disgusting messege.
  • Spybreak8 - February 26, 2011 10:12 a.m.

Thanks guys, really appreciate what you do with the site and the podcast.
  • Zixor - February 26, 2011 10 a.m.

Very nice Herzog Zwei music around 1:50:00. Thanks for making the internet a better place.