Topics

TalkRadar

• bschroth - July 21, 2010 3:38 p.m.

I has a question for you games Journalistsssss. I know alost of you games journalists companies have quite sizeable collections of games that are probably worth quite abit and even contain some rare and expensive games. My question is about those collections: has anyone ever stolen a game? Don't give names if you can't, or even the company you were/are working at. Just wanted to know.
  • bschroth - July 20, 2010 3:49 p.m.

I wanted to share some of my pain with talkradar. Chris said something on the podcast about sharing a pathetic story, so here is one. I grew up with a brother that I liked, until he became a pothead. Just so you know it's not the pot I'm opposed to, in fact I'm in favour of it. I didn't know he was, because I was 3 years younger and didn't know of such things. Once he became a pothead without money, this was a problem for him, but more for me. That motherfucking asshole decided that after he sold some of his shit (a fact he hid from my parents) he thought my shit was good enough. After selling my bike and stereo, he went on to our movies. That bitch fucking asshole sold Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em numbers 1-12 or so. FUCK him! The worst part is that we had been getting those given to us together from my grandparents since they began. My grandpa met him and got his autograph a few years earlier and we were big fans because we're Canadian and watch hockey. This also bleed into our games collections and I don't own anything older than ps2 games, and only have that because my brothers interest in games was less than mine by that point so I was the owner of the ps2 instead of both of us as had been the case with all previous systems. We went through plenty of consoles: Intellivision, NES, Sega Genesis, N64, PSone. I might still have the Genesis somewhere at my pops house, but he's a pack rat, so I can't really dig through his shit to find it. Hope this helps others realize how precious their collections can be. Don't let your jackass fuckfaced siblings touch'em. FUCK SIBLINGS!!
  • FunkSoulBrother - July 14, 2010 3:33 p.m.

Talkradar does not dissapoint.
  • CoolBowling - July 6, 2010 11:38 p.m.

Another great episode. I'll loved all the 80's cartoon references. I got goose bumbs when I heard the Gummi Bears theme.
  • SillyPigeon - July 6, 2010 5:31 p.m.

The cartoon intros was fucking classic!
  • qwed123 - July 6, 2010 12:30 a.m.

I cant stop listening to that Pogo/Toy story song at the end of the podcast. Its fantasitc
  • Mechamorbo - July 5, 2010 4:06 p.m.

I hope these bot count to your bosses as viewer interest
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - July 5, 2010 11:26 a.m.

Woooooooooow
  • SausageLozenge - July 5, 2010 11:13 a.m.

Loved the cartoon intro trivia, there was a lot of stuff that was left out and would love for more trips down memory lane. GREAT episode. Just remember that you don't always have to talk about video games. The podcast is called Talkradar, not Gamesradar.
  • Zeb364 - July 5, 2010 8:39 a.m.

Another unbelievably awesome episode!
  • TheWebSwinger - July 5, 2010 7:38 a.m.

Yuck how'd all these bots get past the CAPTCHA. Oh right it's super forgiving.
  • TheWebSwinger - July 5, 2010 7:37 a.m.

I love TalkRadar. That is all.
  • ViperTheLoud - July 5, 2010 5:42 a.m.

I have had this laptop since Thanksgiving '09. I just beat solitare for the first time today. When I realized I was gonna win, that end Toy Story song started up and I felt AWESOME!!!! Keep being great guys!!!!!
  • shnazzyone - July 5, 2010 5:33 a.m.

WOOO! Happy 4th gamesradar crew! great podcast! Even the computer failure was classily done to be great entertainment. Best podcasters EVERRR!
  • 435 - July 4, 2010 6:23 p.m.

It's always Good Friday thanks to new Tdars! \[o]/
  • simonparker - July 4, 2010 5:18 p.m.

Another good one guys, keep it up (said the vicar to the choir boy - lulz)
  • Stahlbrand - July 4, 2010 2:24 p.m.

Hey, toward the end of the Top 7, when they had the harddrive problem, what was the music they played as a 'technical difficulties' theme. At 34:18 specifically. The bass line is fuckfunktastic and I can't remember where I've heard it before.
  • Starplatinum - July 4, 2010 10:16 a.m.

Wow didn't expect a mention of Outlaw Star! I loved both that and Cowboy Bebop! Great episode for mentioning other stuff from my earlier childhood like inhumanoids!
  • LizarDAZZLE - July 4, 2010 5:39 a.m.

wait - so have they fixed the editing issues? When I listened, there was a massive chunk of the community section missing!
  • JenosIdanian - July 4, 2010 5:37 a.m.

This has been my favorite podcast since 80. Great jobs guys. I was born in '86, so I remember watching so many of those cartoons. Thank you for taking me on that nostalgia trip.