• CitizenWolfie - June 11, 2013 8:21 a.m.

I still think Groose (Skyward Sword) would be a nice addition, even if just as an assist trophy. But I'd LOVE to see Earthworm Jim as a playable character. His skills would translate really well to the Smash Bros moves: Plasma gun, Head/snot whip, Helicopter hover, Pocket Rocket or Cow Launch as Final Smash.
  • C.King - June 11, 2013 8:33 a.m.

groose would be awesome, i can't see him as a playable character unless he has his posse and bird(it freakin has a cowlick too, i love that!) his final smash could be the groosinator(maybe include the imprisoned in this). but odds are he'll be in the background if anything, he'll only have enough moves to be playable if he has the loftwing with him(which they totally should it seriously funky how little involvement they had) if he doesn't he's nothing more than a stage hazard
  • Rub3z - June 11, 2013 12:34 p.m.

Just seeing the word "Groosinator" makes me burst out laughing. The fucking Groosinator. That shit was pure gold.
  • C.King - June 11, 2013 2:12 p.m.

what about grooseland they had me going thinking he's the one who named hyrule just to throw that bit of genius in
  • Rub3z - June 11, 2013 2:19 p.m.

That was great, too. It's awesome how they managed to make a character in Groose who is at once a conceited douche and a loser, yet he's still so lovable.
  • C.King - June 11, 2013 3:06 p.m.

he really turned around with the imprisoned's second appearance
  • Swedish_Chef - June 12, 2013 2:52 a.m.

If Groose made it in a turned out to be more broken then MetaKnight I wouldn't even be mad. As for Earthworm Jim... Yes... Just yes...
  • pokepark7 - June 6, 2013 3:57 p.m.

I LOVE THIS LIST IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
  • Dannyphantom - June 6, 2013 9:17 a.m.

Im SO tired of all these characters that are essentially the exact same fighter just with different speeds and strengths like seriously do you realize how many of them there are? Toon Link-Link Captain Falcon-Ganandorf Fox-Falco-Wolf Ness-Lucas also useless characters that no one plays as yet they still keep them around, they should do away with alot of the characters from Brawl in my opinion. Olimar, Rob, DeDeDe, Lucas, Ice CLimbers, Wario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff I would say even some characters that have been there from the beginning need to be let go, just because they've been there since the 64 doesn't mean they still need to be there they are just taking up space. My wish list for the next Super smash is nothing crazy its actually rather simple. Take out Wolf and Falco put in Peppy Hare and General Pepper Take out Luigi put in Waluigi Take out Peach put in Daisy Take out Sonic put in Knuckles, or Shadow As far as im concerned Fire Emblem characters are easily switched up so any would do. Starfy would be cool. New Pokemon to replace pikachu, jigglypuff and Lucario. new pokemon for pokemon trainer. King K Rool from Donkey Kong could be a new heavy character. Ridley from Metroid i feel would play like Pit Ryu from street fighter Nightmare from soul caliber Megaman and or Zero from Mega Man, they're all capcom franchises so it's possible. Summary= Peppy Hare, General Pepper, Waluigi, Daisy, Knuckles or Shadow, Any Fire Emblem, Starfy, King K Rool, Ridley, Ryu, Nightmare, Mega-man.
  • C.King - June 11, 2013 8:27 a.m.

the hell man?! your changing the whole roster are you really a fan? you even put in shadow i don't have a problem with "clones" the speed-power adjustments give em a different feel, the star fox guys all having the same final smash is bull though, yep final smash should be unique for each guy. actually i really want pichu back i love beating the hell out of people while receiving recoil to further the cute annihilation
  • pl4y4h - June 11, 2013 9:27 a.m.

Take lucas out!? What? Lucas is way better (and different) than ness (of course that's opinionated since he's my main) All of his attacks hit harder and are all psi based unlike a stupid yo-yo you fling around. Of course i could argue all the characters you mentioned except for toon link (bring young link back), and Rob. You are even removing staples of the series? Are you outta your mind?
  • peter-wright - June 11, 2013 3 p.m.

Gotta back this. Lucas is my favourite character. Not because there's any nostalgia from the game he's from as I've never played EarthBound. He's my favourite character because his moves are all pretty much as quick as Ness's and they pack way more of a punch. I hope he's in the next game. I'd like Mew as a character.
  • Lolmansupreme16 - June 11, 2013 10:21 a.m.

They aren't going to do away with the "Big 12". The original smash bros. crew have been in every smash bros. to date, I doubt Nintendo is going to change a trend they've kept with. So Pikachu and Jigglypuff are almost certain to be in, same with Luigi. Pokémon Trainer probably get new pokemon, most likely the Unova starters. It looks like Toon Link has been demoted from fighter to a background cameo in a Spirit Tracks stage. Dedede got in because the creator of Smash bros created the Kirby universe. And we know he likes to give special attention to his creations, so Dedede might come back. I do agree with Ridley and King K. Rool. Metroid has only had Samus to work with, and her Zero Suit form didn't exactly work well. And both Ridley and K. Rool would help to round out a mostly protagonist roster by adding some more villains to stand beside Bowser and Ganondorf. Mega-Man's in so there's a positive since we haven't seen the Blue Bomber for a while. And I do agree that Ryu would be a nice addition as well. And should they do anything with the Star Fox characters, if they don't add or remove any characters (which seems unlikely), then they may try to at least change up Fox, Wolf, and Falco enough to make them feel different As for Shadow, it's likely he may get in. But who can say if they'll stop at Shadow, they may even add Sonic's trusty sidekick, Tails. Or heck maybe even Knuckles. It's all up in the air right now, we'll see how SEGA let's things go
  • Rub3z - June 11, 2013 12:43 p.m.

Olimar, DeDeDe, R.O.B, and Wario were all fantastic additions, and Lucas was a really cool Psi-powered alternate to Ness, and those two Pokemon are series staples. Pikachu and Jiggly are great, unique characters, not to mention Pokemon who are basically synonymous with the brand. And the Ice Climbers? Are you out of your mind?
  • talleyXIV - June 11, 2013 1:06 p.m.

How do you have access to every statistic in the world that says no one plays as those characters? You are a single person and a tiny sample size, outside of your basement those could be the most popular players in the game...
  • Death-Rabbit - July 10, 2013 11:37 p.m.

I can see some of your reasoning but seriously... Captain Falcon came first. Ganondorf was originally just a plain old copy of Falcon back in SSBM. He was then given a small update of attacks for Brawl to make him less of a copy.
  • Bearoak - June 5, 2013 3:31 p.m.

Great collection you have so far! I really wish the roster would be expanded enough to fit them all, but I guess with E3 right around the corner we might have some confirmations soon... Would love to see them flesh out the villains and female characters. Also, I could have sworn Sakurai announced somewhere before Brawl was released that he wanted to do away with clones. Once I found out that he cut Dr. Mario, Pichu and Roy, BUT ADDED WOLF!?!?! I was pretty mad. So I figure why not bring back the clones of the past? While at it, since I imagine making clone characters takes less time and money, why not add some more to make an even more epic roster and include some of the more minor characters that otherwise wouldn't be added. Anyways, I'm just going to post what my dream roster would look like separated by series: Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toad, Waluigi, King Boo, Daisy(Peach clone), Dry Bowser(Bowser clone), Dr. Mario Wario: Wario, Captain Syrup Yoshi: Yoshi, Birdo, Baby Mario and Luigi(Ice Climbers clone), Kamek Paper Mario: Paper Mario, Paper Luigi(Paper Mario/Luigi clone), Count Bleck Legend of Zelda: Link, Zelda, Sheik(separated from Zelda), Gannondorf, Vaati, Wolf Link/Midna, Toon Link(with Wind Waker playset), Young Link(have him use masks from Majora's mask ala Pokemon Trainer with Goron, Zora and Deku), Skull Kid(final smash would of course be bringing down the moon!), Tingle(as a joke character) Donkey Kong: DK, Diddy, K. Rool, Funky(DK clone), Dixie(Diddy clone) Kirby: Kirby, DeDeDe, MetaKnight, Yarn Kirby, Magolor Metroid: Samus/ZSS, Ridley F-Zero: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow Fire Emblem: Marth, Roy, Ike, Black Knight, Chrom, Lyn Pokemon: Pikachu, Pichu, Raichu(heavy Pikachu clone), Jiggles, Meowth(he was always my favorite), Mewtwo(new form), Lucario, Zoroark, Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon Rival(Pkmn Trainer clone w/ Gen II/III or V), Genesect, Mew(Mewtwo clone) Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal Earthbound: Ness, Lucas, Paula, Jeff Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena Animal Crossing: Boy/Girl, KK Slider, Tom Nook Retro: Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, ROB, Balloon Fighter, Takamaru, Little Mac, Battle Toads Modern Games: Professor Layton, Ray MK, Isaac or Matthew(Golden Sun), Saki(Sin and Punishment), Starfy, Captain Olimar, 3rd Party: Sonic, Snake, Megaman(Capcom), Pacman & Goku(Bandai/Namco), Banjo-Kazooie(never gonna happen, but would be my favorite character EVER), Sora(Kingdom Hearts), Mickey Mouse(Epic Mickey), Lloyd(Tales games) I know most of these aren't going to happen, but this would be my roster if I were making a Smash Bros game xD
  • ShadowOps117 - June 5, 2013 12:13 p.m.

PAC MAN NEEDS IN
  • ShadowOps117 - June 5, 2013 12:12 p.m.

I think I'll never see the day when Sonic stops being hated. Get your minds out of 2006 people.
  • BipolarTroll - June 4, 2013 10:10 a.m.

BAN HAMMER DIS MUTHA!! PHUCKIN PARASITE.
  • PatHan-bHai - June 4, 2013 3:21 a.m.

Zoro, Vegeta, the Okami wolf, Kyo Kusanagi, Steve Fox (Tekken), Psycho Mantis and Crash Bandicoot. All in all, I only agree with 12 fighters you've put up there.....