Topics

PS Vita

• Travia220 - June 6, 2012 7:31 a.m.

Why promote a failing platform? Vita is bombing so hard why dedicate floor time to it?
  • Redeater - June 6, 2012 7:57 a.m.

Nintendo's 3DS sold like crap for months after its launch. Now it is one of the best selling pieces of technology ever created. Was this a mistake on their part? Should they have given up just because of a rocky start? Use your fucking brain idiot.
  • Travia220 - June 6, 2012 8:16 a.m.

Use your fucking brain idiot? Childish remark.. Probably from a child. However, the only reason the 3DS Picked up in sales is because of the huge price cut. Something Sony has yet to even consider or announce. How about you use your brain?
  • amagasakiseb - June 6, 2012 9:06 a.m.

It's not even been out for a year yet give it some room to breathe. It's not a failure by a long shot, there are a ton of great games coming out to make people want to buy it. Reggie put it perfectly in the Nintendo conference - "It's all about the games". The Vita lineup is finally starting to heat up after a drought (yeah i have a vita and i've been pissed off too). I think they just need more quality full on games. Mini-game titles (excluding little deviants) don't seem to show off the power of the Vita, to be honest you can do that on many smartphones etc. 3DS has done well (in Japan at least) because of big games like Mario, Zelda and Monster Hunter. the Vita just needs some big name titles (and a price cut) and they will fly off the shelves. It makes sense to do bundle games and accessories without dropping the price.
  • Redeater - June 6, 2012 9:28 a.m.

"Why promote a failing platform?". Yes but by your logic Nintendo should have called it quits even before the price cut. The 3DS has been so successful because, in addition to the price cut, Nintendo has never stopped supporting it. Look how much of their time at E3 was dedicated to the 3DS....and that was with a new console being launched. I guess Apple should have called it quits back in 1997. BEFORE they became the most profitable company in the world. You know....because they were "bombing so hard".
  • ParagonT - June 6, 2012 12:22 p.m.

That's not what he said, he said "promoting", not "quit". Big difference. That's not his logic at all. By all standard I don't hate the Vita, but I also think that it's lacking. A price drop and more big name games out could remedy the problem. I'm just being realistic here, I'm not going to act like it's doing fantastic.
  • ParagonT - June 6, 2012 12:18 p.m.

Ummmm, price cut?
  • ChiChiRocket - June 6, 2012 8:14 a.m.

With any luck, Vita will bring in a massive price drop as well, then I'll be on board.
  • ABACADA6494 - June 6, 2012 7:30 a.m.

wait so instead of showing 25 new Vita games for a system just out of the gate that is thirsting for new games, they showed 10 minutes of Wonderbook?
  • GR_JustinTowell - June 6, 2012 7:38 a.m.

Come on, be fair. It was 13 minutes of Wonderbook. Nah, I'm just kidding. Wonderbook may not be for you or me, but JK Rowling is a pretty big coup for Sony, so it's understandable they took their time on that one.
  • BladedFalcon - June 6, 2012 8:05 a.m.

Sorry, but no. She might be a big name and all, but it didn't warrant 13 minutes in a conference that's taking place in a show which, let's face it, mainly core gamers care about. Wonderbook is a flashy thing to show off in an advertisement or a more casual event. But here? it's just stupid and unforgivable that they shoved PS Vita games aside for so much time of that crap. Heck, they could have showed wondebook in 5 minutes, and that would have been more than enough, and left 7 minutes for more Vita games...
  • dragoshi1 - June 6, 2012 9:24 a.m.

Not to mention they focused on the lady who couldn't open the door or cast the fire spell for too long. Neat concept for children, and maybe a horror game or two, but thy took way too long, time that could have went to supporting the Vita. I love my Vita for Gravity Daze and Disgaea 3, I need more then two good games to keep me involved with it.
  • ABACADA6494 - June 6, 2012 3:27 p.m.

I did think that the main reason they showed so much of it was because Ms. Rowling's name is attached to it. I felt like it was a waste of time. Also i just muted the stream and went about other things for the time, but still that is terrible of them to shove Vita aside.
  • archnite - June 6, 2012 7:27 a.m.

They could of at lest put up a huge splash screen like they did for all the PS Plus games (loving those btw). Also what are all these mystery games so we can look out for them on the site?
  • GR_JustinTowell - June 6, 2012 7:34 a.m.

Being sat here in the UK office, I'm afraid I can't tell you first-hand! But I understand SoundShapes is one, plus Jet Set Radio was mentioned in another interview. So I'm guessing there's nothing incredible in there or we would have heard about it. Besides Jet Set Radio, of course. That's always incredible. And yeah, PS Plus' line-up is pretty epic :)