We Recommend

• wampastompa - October 17, 2011 9:14 a.m.

I've been intentionally avoiding any previews for this game, because any time I read one, I just get more excited. God this game cannot come soon enough!
  • Rancid47 - October 17, 2011 8:24 a.m.

Yes! Loved the article. Great read. Can't wait for this game! Also +1 for Wayne's World reference!
  • GR_JustinTowell - October 17, 2011 8:34 a.m.

Why, is there something wrong with... that weird eye?
  • Rancid47 - October 17, 2011 8:39 a.m.

Are you kidding? I'd give my right eye!
  • GR_JustinTowell - October 17, 2011 8:50 a.m.

I like to think I have an eye for detail...
  • Rancid47 - October 17, 2011 9:10 a.m.

You win, sir! I think that was the last one. Just to say it again, great article! Really enjoyed it compared to some articles I've read from articles in magazines. Really shows you enjoyed playing! (Just like the other featured on the site.) I am excite!
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - October 17, 2011 7:54 a.m.

Oh craaaaaap, I don't have the time to play this game! Zelda is going to be the only game this fall I can invest my time in. Perhaps Christmas break? But then Mass Effect 3 comes out in March. Summer, maybe? Godammit!
  • idlemindkiller - October 17, 2011 7:52 a.m.

@Justin---I have a question that I don't believe has been addressed in any of the demo stories I have read. While wandering around the game world, does the game still say loading every few dozen steps? If so, I don't mind, I just want to know. Thanks in advance.
  • GR_JustinTowell - October 17, 2011 8:30 a.m.

Traversing the open land was seamless - only one momentary freeze to load in the whole 3 hours I played it, if memory serves. But loading from overground to underground does have its own loading screen (with smoke effect!) at the moment, and that was reasonably long. I expect loads are yet to be optimised, though, so even these small pauses could get better.
  • db1331 - October 17, 2011 8:37 a.m.

What about the pop-up from Oblivion, where rocks, trees, and sometimes even whole buildings would appear out of nowhere. Any of that going on?
  • GR_JustinTowell - October 17, 2011 8:56 a.m.

In open spaces as big as these plains, there's obviously going to be some draw-in on detail, but there's very little that you actually notice. There's only one example that springs to mind (a waterfall that doesn't start moving until you're near) but I'm certain even that will be fixed before launch. That's the only instance I noticed - and I REALLY notice technical things like redraw. Also, textures aren't Dreamcast quality on hills in the middle distance any more. Hooray!
  • db1331 - October 17, 2011 7:37 a.m.

Less than a month to go now!
  • jackthemenace - October 17, 2011 7:35 a.m.

... And that's just ONE SIDE-QUEST!? I;'m getting my friggin' pre-order in. I just wish Uk retailers would announce if they've got any pre-order bonuses, or if they're giving away that sexy map.
  • matt-nold - October 23, 2011 12:30 a.m.

Correction, thats just one Dungeon. That was not a side quest at all.
  • Razi31 - October 17, 2011 7:22 a.m.

I want it D: