Topics

720 Xbox

• ithurtstopoop - November 9, 2011 1:26 p.m.

10 print "Hello World" 20 goto 10
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - November 9, 2011 1:33 p.m.

'smaller and sell for less' that's got me worried, those words entail less power which might make it more affordable to start with, but I think MS need to look ahead with this one... especially if they're planning on giving the loop a similar life-span to the 360
  • FoxdenRacing - November 10, 2011 10:08 a.m.

I see it as a side-effect of the switch to ARM. ARMs are miniaturized for things like tablets and phones, and are manufactured in much higher numbers as a result...but high-end ones have similar crunching potential to the big boys. They did a decent job future-proofing the 360, it was just a bit too cutting edge for its time, which led to hardware unreliability and a needlessly high initial price. It's certainly brave, especially with the move towards dedicated co-processors. It didn't pay off for PS3, but then again PS3 also experimented with then-one-off tech that IBM declared a failure for that kind of application.
  • inkyspot - November 9, 2011 1:52 p.m.

I like my machine, and won't be the first one on line for the "Loop", but I think it's about that time they are thinking about/ developing this machine. More and possible upgradable modular RAM, bigger and possibly modular hard drive. A powerful Graphics card, and some really triple a exclusive.
  • thelazymackenzie - November 9, 2011 3:40 p.m.

Ugh,just when I was about to buy a new xbox...
  • theycallmegep - November 9, 2011 5:01 p.m.

I think that by the time the "loop" is actually released, the 360 will be ready for departure
  • samsneeze - November 9, 2011 6:49 p.m.

So essentially, it's the WiiBox? Maybe? Eh, I don't know. I don't really care either. So long as it can do what my Xbox 360 does(Easily navigated menu, music/videos streaming from my computer to the T.V.) I don't care. Also, you must publish games worth caring about. I won't buy it at launch if it doesn't have games. And maybe make it backwards compatible too. That shouldn't be asking too much.
  • Spybreak8 - November 10, 2011 8:46 a.m.

Hmm, if the new Xbox will be smaller and less expensive is Microsoft heading toward cloud gaming as well?
  • cart00n - November 14, 2011 12:01 p.m.

While a new console is a certainty, I still believe there is sufficient enough life left in the 360 to keep it around another couple of years...
  • PolarBearsInHeat - November 17, 2011 3:18 p.m.

With the titles I have not yet beaten from this gen, plus the games that I have purchased this fall, plus the games I intend to purchase in the coming months, I think the 360 easily has another to years left in it. Although, if the new xbox does release before i'm completely done with the 360, I will still be one of the first to purchase it.