• codystovall - December 5, 2011 2:41 p.m.

Yeah mario and link bore me these days..... Paper Mario however....
  • shawksta - December 5, 2011 3:55 p.m.

I think of Paper Mario being Nintendo's excuse to give Mario a Mature story while still being creative XD
  • talleyXIV - December 5, 2011 2:41 p.m.

I love the early Mario games but the love of Super Mario Galaxy kind of baffles me, it is so repetitive. I like it 2D or else the controls get contorted and terrible.
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - December 5, 2011 3:11 p.m.

What? Mario Galaxy is one of the LEAST repetitive games ever made. Almost every level introduces a new game mechanic or entirely new level geometry to wrap your head around. Just when you think it couldn't come up with more ideas, it does.
  • ncurry2 - December 5, 2011 4:04 p.m.

Ya, I'm guessing you didn't play through very much of either of the Galaxy games if you think they're repetitive...
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 2:36 p.m.

I love Rayman: Origins, i just platinum'd the game, and it's easily one of my favorite games this year, and the best platformer I've played this generation... But ancel's comment about storytelling kinda baffles me considering Rayman origins barely tells a story at all, let alone a decent one ._. Though in regards of artwork I'm not arguing anything, the game is gorgeous and in that sense, his devotion shows... But not in storytelling...
  • paul212 - December 5, 2011 3:48 p.m.

I think he was talking about beyond good and evil.
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 4:13 p.m.

Well yes... But his "I used to prefer Ghosts n' Goblins, Heart of Darkness, Another World, games with a focus on the narrative side." is pretty generalized, so it's his comment about how he prefers art-style and narrative against focus on gameplay that nintendo is famous for. And considering rayman is a game he created... Well, like Shawksta pointed out, it's kind of ironic that the game's obvious highlight is it's game-play rather than it's story. Even if Beyond good and Evil is more plot focused, it's still rather amusing and contradictory.
  • ShadowReaper666 - December 5, 2011 2:30 p.m.

I can't stand Mario games either, Mario annoys me and I find the games tedious and boring to play.
  • WTeen8 - December 5, 2011 2:19 p.m.

so the original rayman wasn't about platforming at all and was instead about storytelling....seems legit.
  • Embolado - December 5, 2011 1:58 p.m.

Japaneese : Godzilla America : King Kong Korean : The Host French : Mimes Im not sure where I was going with this, but I am fairly sure it was to make fun of the French.
  • codystovall - December 5, 2011 2:42 p.m.

Ha.....mimes...
  • db1331 - December 5, 2011 1:56 p.m.

I'd bet you would be pretty hard pressed to find a single game that hasn't been influenced by Miyamoto's work in some way.
  • ChristopherDalley - December 5, 2011 2:28 p.m.

Monster Maze.
  • codystovall - December 5, 2011 2:43 p.m.

pong pacman galaga