• ShadeOfLight - January 16, 2013 8:56 a.m.

I find it a bit surprising that Xenoblade is already that expensive, because it doesn't seem like a game that would be hard to come by with all the hype it's been getting. Also, I'm also interested in seeing how much the Europe-exclusive Operation Rainfall coins are going to be worth in the future.
  • Fuzunga - January 16, 2013 12:35 p.m.

It was only sold at GameStop, and they ain't selling it any more. I preordered, but it looks like you're going to have to hunt for it in-store if you want to find it.
  • KA87 - January 16, 2013 8 a.m.

OMG, I actually rented some of these games and the store closed in November. Some of those games sold for under $10. The sad part, I actually think they had that copy with Durant on the cover.
  • azureguy - January 16, 2013 7:51 a.m.

I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy as well, but over here in Europe they didn't use a tin case, so my plastic case is worth slightly less technically-speaking. But after just checking amazon, it's just as expensive as stated in the article over here. Looks like I'm still one lucky bstard.
  • jackthemenace - January 16, 2013 7:33 a.m.

I wonder how much a copy of that ET game would go for if anyone still had any...
  • archnite - January 16, 2013 6:44 a.m.

Oh what the hell, when I finally break down to get a Wii the one game I really want is going to be more expensive than the freaking console?
  • Hobogonigal - January 16, 2013 4:43 a.m.

Oh no, I think my sister actually bought that horse game for wii but she returned it because it was crap. Well, I guess it would have come between a $250 profit or the loss of pride from owning the game... Shame...
  • fatguy19 - January 16, 2013 3:59 a.m.

When God Of War 3 came out I picked up the trilogy version for £54.99. I already owned 1 and 2 on PS2 but had never played them so I figured I was a good idea to pay an extra £14.99 for God Of War 3 and get the HD versions of 1 and 2 with it. Now you can pick up all three games for about twenty quid but if you want to buy the trilogy edition is costs £89.99 on Amazon UK and there is only one copy on ebay for the same price. The strange thing is that the trilogy edition is exactly the same versions of the games in the in the exact same cases. The only difference is that with the trilogy edition you get a dark grey cardboard (not Steel) case with a picture of kratos and God of war trilogy written on it.
  • silax - January 16, 2013 3:39 a.m.

wow wasn't expecting to see a game i owned on here! one piece UA and dragon ball T3 for the win!
  • avantguardian - January 16, 2013 2:40 a.m.

one thing that kinda pisses me off is the price of japanese games on amazon. such as the tales series, which has graces still going for $60 new on amazon( and not much cheaper used). i, like many people, would own this game (and would have bought it new) if it was 20-30 bucks less. this, of course, affects the sales of the game, which then (of course) causes namco to (somehow) wonder why the game won't sell. boggles the mind a bit. i remember having to pay $60 for a copy of dynasty warriors gundam 3 (huge gundam fan), like 6-9 months after it came out. btw, dynasty warriors gundam 2 is STILL $60 new (for 360) on amazon...
  • slimjim441 - January 16, 2013 1:31 a.m.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: $28.00 used, $70 new Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: $66 used, $90 new Nobody loves Fire Emblem, do they? Shame...
  • Evilsafetyboy - January 17, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Hopefully that attitude will change with Awakening. I think the permadeath concept frustrates alot of people.
  • slimjim441 - January 16, 2013 1:22 a.m.

Everyone at Gamestop laughed at me because I was the only kid who pre-ordered the Metroid Prime trilogy. I had to come in like three days in a row because they told me it was back ordered. One, it goes to show that my obsession with getting was completely justified, and two, it feels good to be able to laugh at them now. And three, fuck that Gamestop; who makes fun of a kid to his face for liking Metroid? Screw those guys.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 16, 2013 9:25 a.m.

lol wow freak those fools
  • Fuzunga - January 16, 2013 12:37 p.m.

I bought a copy at Best Buy when I heard they were going out of print. Luckily, they had plenty available at the time.
  • RedHarlow - January 15, 2013 11:47 p.m.

I've got Panzer Dragoon Saga for Sega Saturn with the case and all the manuals and everything, and on eBay it ends to go for $150-$300+
  • CrashmanX - January 15, 2013 11:43 p.m.

I still have my copy of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. Might not be a modern title but still worth a pretty penny for whatever reason.
  • Thequestion 121 - January 15, 2013 11:36 p.m.

Man, I own Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for PS2. I should have gotten it for the Wii. Also, I want the Metroid Prime Trilogy now
  • chickadee4 - January 15, 2013 10:44 p.m.

Dammit, and I nearly bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy too when it was still shops :p, "nah I can pick it up later when I'm ready", was my thinking.
  • D0CCON - January 15, 2013 10:57 p.m.

I thought the exact same thing. I'll have to check my local used game store. They were selling Tetris DS at $17, despite the fact that that game is rare (and I bought it from them). Maybe there's a used copy of Metroid that they don't realize has value.