• taterboob - June 3, 2010 12:16 a.m.

The blue and gold logo will always bring me back to the bygone days of Donkey Kong Country and Killer Instinct. That said, they could have changed the logo any time after the SNES era and I wouldn't have known the difference.
  • HumanMeatPuppet - June 3, 2010 12:09 a.m.

there was no reason for Rare to change its logo. Now it will just be over looked due to it looking generic and bland
  • SonicX_89 - June 2, 2010 11:49 p.m.

Looks fine to me.
  • LaffPiranha - June 2, 2010 11:17 p.m.

With a name like "Rare" you'd think when re-designing their logo, it'd have been cool for them to do something completely different and original. Perhaps a coconut-scented hologram containing eye-popping tits would've fit the bill. Or maybe they could re-introduce the classic logo with a tag line; something like "Rare: Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn: Games for Players". Yeah, that'd be cool.
  • BlackTeam13 - June 2, 2010 11:03 p.m.

It is an offense to al that Rare stood for!
  • KnightDehumidifier - June 2, 2010 10:53 p.m.

Instead of criticizing their logo, how about criticizing their LACK OF MAKING ANY F'N GAMES! C'MON.
  • Rojoco - June 2, 2010 10:20 p.m.

It's just occurred to me that the R looks a little bit like a lego man's hand. :/
  • oufour - June 2, 2010 10:10 p.m.

god i wish they would go multipaltform with banjo-threeie. a guy can dream can't he?
  • CH3BURASHKA - June 2, 2010 10:07 p.m.

The neutral, baby-blue and baby-green and baby-purple colors scream Wii. I've recently gone on a Youtube binge of DKC video and music. I want DKC4, and this new 'brand identity' more or less strikes a stake in the hearts of old fans' dreams. That and the licensing (right?).
  • likejenga - June 2, 2010 10:06 p.m.

Cheryll is right but it still seems like a little bit of the industry withered and died today
  • Ultra64 - June 2, 2010 10:01 p.m.

reminds me of how Nintendo changed their logo from red to dull gray.
  • Maasai - June 2, 2010 9:54 p.m.

Another great corporate idea.
  • PaulieWaulie - June 2, 2010 9:47 p.m.

Not really played any Rare games for a while apart from Viva Pinata although I have to admit I just didn't get it. For a long time they were my favourite dev house, as a kid I was desperate to work for them. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK, Diddy Kong Racing, BK, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Conker's Bad Fur Day all define a time for me when games were almost magical. This logo does not embody the ethos the company once had or maybe that's the point, they've gone from being Nintendo's saviour to Microsoft's boring mate.
  • squidhead442 - June 2, 2010 9:46 p.m.

The old Rare logo was looking pretty old. Someone figure out how to add a texture map to a 3D model that would make it look shiny and they wore it out. That said, I don't like the new one(s) either. You can't just add some of the most basic polygons and type out your company's name in ITC Avant Garde Bold and be done with it. There is NOTHING unique about these, except for the "R" inside the shapes. Maybe one of their summer interns designed this for them!
  • Redeater - June 2, 2010 9:40 p.m.

Jesus.......my god I'm going to play some Donkey Kong Country right now to remember the good ol days before Rare shat all over my teenhood
  • crumbdunky - June 2, 2010 9:35 p.m.

My GOD GR!!! You think there's ANYTHING positive to be said about Xbox Avatars? Seriously? I guess my hatred of them MIGHT be lessened if MS did the decent thing and allowed people who REALLY don't like having to have one, create one and then see the gimpy bloody thing every time they turn on their consoles to, you know, HAVE THE BLOODY CHOICE not to have one if they wished.It's unAmerican! Seriously, having to put my own effeminate little gimpoid together made me feel totally stupid. A grown, adult male with his own kids should NEVER feel like he has to play bloody dollies just to play a little Gears or Halo, should they? Jesus, I hate the bloody efforts. I long for the halcyon 360 days pre NXE on a daily basis and not having cared to think about them much before to learn a UK company like Rare was involved just makes it even worse. Sure, Home's Avatars are creepy and(like Xbox ones) you can't get them to look much like you but at least they're restricted to Home! As for Miis-at least they were original and don't ask you to spend cash on outfits for the damn things-AND mine actually looks a bit like me. Somehow. They actually mean that I've given MS LESS money than I otherwise would have as I'll not do ANYTHING where the awful thing represents me and never will! Why must we have one if we hate them? Oh, BTW, dull logo boys, very dull. But, whatever, they REALLY need MS to stop canning their actual games if they ever want to get back on track as Viva just isn't in their old league even if it's better than most of their recent stillborn games. Why can't MS allow then to make a new KI or make up for PDZ? And where the eff is Conker?
  • PrimeSynergy - June 2, 2010 9:26 p.m.

Well if they made a proper Banjo-Kazooie game, they could make their logo a giant middle finger for all I care.
  • SeattleSound - June 2, 2010 9:15 p.m.

Rare's new logo is more boring than watching white paint dry.
  • Amnesiac - June 2, 2010 8:37 p.m.

Ech. More boring than watching manilla-colored grass grow.
  • Hurricrane - June 2, 2010 8:32 p.m.

that caption completely sums up my feelings. That is one generic ass corporate logo