• Lemming - September 2, 2013 3:35 p.m.

3 out of 11 (got Issac, Nilin and Matt Hazard), though to be fair, I don't consider Nilin to really be generic, it's not everyday you see a mixed raced woman as the player's protagonist (which is actually the 1st major reason for me getting Remember Me), just not as others have said, inspiring.
  • shinkeiDEI - September 2, 2013 3:13 p.m.

I got 5 out of 10, not bad huh? I got Matt Hazard without a second thought.
  • JarkayColt - September 2, 2013 1:20 p.m.

The only character on this list that I recognised was the first one, and even then I couldn't remember his name or the actual game he was from (although thanks to the list at the end I do now, haha). Although I might have done better had I actually played any of these, pfft. But hey, doesn't scoring zero kind of prove the point? XD
  • ObliqueZombie - September 2, 2013 12:44 p.m.

I don't think Isaac is all that generic, all things considered. But I am very surprised no JRPG characters were on this!
  • Sjoeki - September 2, 2013 12:22 p.m.

Guess I should play more games because I could only name two of them. Awesome to see that you guys started working on this idea,
  • zymn - September 2, 2013 12:06 p.m.

Am I the only one who remembers Fracture?
  • shawksta - September 2, 2013 11:45 a.m.

Turns out I got Rico, Isaac, Jake, right but some of the rest only the games. Neat idea for an article.
  • nai1210 - September 2, 2013 11:27 a.m.

lost planet 3 guy does look like Nic Cage only recognized him from game trailers,and i recognized Nilin from remember me which is a great game and Jake from resi 6 don't think i have played any of the other games other than a quick blast of just cause 2
  • Gemsa - September 2, 2013 11:22 a.m.

reminds me of: http://www.twinfinite.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/video-game-protagonists-kids-love-brown-haired-30-something-white-males-500x377.jpg
  • Svantus - September 2, 2013 11:11 a.m.

Hipsters.....hipsters everywhere. Sorry, but I actually like Isaac Clarke.
  • NonVictim - September 2, 2013 12:44 p.m.

Yeah... I can't help but wonder how the hell he got on the list.
  • Oujisama - September 2, 2013 10:31 a.m.

I think pretty much every character or lead-character from American developed games is generic in design. It seems to be the western style of design - make the main character as boring, unattractive, and unappealing as possible.
  • StrayGator - September 2, 2013 10:01 a.m.

C/P my scrap: 1 Too Human? 2 Lost Planet 3 3 Isaac Clark DS2 4 Infamous? 5 Alec Mason RF3 6 Homefront? 7 ??? 8 Nilin remember me 9 ??? 10 Rico Rodriguex JC 11 Matt Hazard (description helped more than the pic) didn't know the plost plannit's guy's name I thought whatsherface lost an eye during dead space 2? Got 5 right. 7 if you count partial answers.
  • sirdilznik - September 2, 2013 9:54 a.m.

There was only one I managed to know the name of: Rico from Just Cause. Other than that I recognized Remember Me lady (oddly enough, no one remembers her name) and Lost Planet bearded guy.
  • jdognasty - September 2, 2013 9:49 a.m.

hmm, i managed to get 2, 7, 8, and 10
  • antiAntag0nist - September 2, 2013 8:56 a.m.

4 out of 11 for me. In some bizarre world, I did pretty darn well.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - September 2, 2013 8:54 a.m.

Without checking, I'm just gunna enter my answers here....so don't look in the off chance I get one right, and you don't want spoilers. 1.) Uhh...someone from...Tribes, maybe? 2.) Whats-his-face from Lost Planet 3 3.) No idea, too busy rereading that twerking joke. 4.) No fucking idea...random fighting game character? 5.) So-and-so from Red Faction: Guerrilla. 6.) No idea. 7.) Ditto. 8.) Not sure...the chick from Remember Me, maybe? 9.) ...nope. 10.) The guy from Just Cause 2 11.) Bah, I feel like I should know this one, but alas, the game-name escapes me. 12.) The work of one Andy Hartup. Damn, couldn't remember any of the names of the ones I knew. Assuming that didn't matter, 4 ain't that bad...right?
  • BladedFalcon - September 2, 2013 8:46 a.m.

Okay, let's see, of the top of my head: 1.- The Guy from Fracture, never played the game, so fuck if I know his name 2.- Jim Peyton from Lost Planet 3, kinda easy since the game just came out. Also, doesn't look that generic to me, Can you, Andy, name me at least other two characters that look anything like him? 3.- Isaac Clarke, also hard not to know but yeah, I agree his design is generic. 4.- Jake From Resident Evil 6 5.- Um... yeah, this one I have no clue 6.- Hrm also blanking on that one, obviously never played the game he's in but still. 7.- Alpha and Bravo from the Latest Army of Two game? 8.- Nilin from Remeber me, another one that I don't necessarily think is generic, not inspired, but at least she isn't a pretty blond with massive jugs. THAT is a generic videogame lady if you ask me. 9.- Yeah, no idea who this guy is either, looks like space Nathan Drake, lol. 10.- That's Rico from the Just Cause games, right? 11.-Um... gonna wild guess this one and say Matt hazard? no idea if I'm right though. Only guessing because of the armor. Okay, let's check the answers now *reads* HAH! 8 out of 11! not bad for just being out of the top of my head XD specially the Matt hazard one since I barely even saw the game in screens XD Still, not a bad list, although I still think Jim Peyton and Nillin don't really fit here.
  • GR_AndyHartup - September 2, 2013 9:01 a.m.

Ha - yes, Jim seems to be one of the few that most people are guessing. Off the top of my head, he looks like a less manly version of Joel from TLOU or Conviction era Sam Fisher. However, he looks most like Nic Cage.
  • BladedFalcon - September 2, 2013 9:09 a.m.

...He looks noting like Joel to me, Just because he has a beard doesn't make him a look-a-like :P he has a much longer face and isn't nearly as rugged. Much less with conviction's sam fisher, which if you ask me, HE looks far more generic than Jim here does. Won't argue that he looks kinda like Nic Cage... but considering that Nic Cage is anything BUT generic... How would that make him generic? :P