• fireworks - September 18, 2009 10:11 a.m.

must have been one of the dizzy games,maybe treasure island dizzy, those games made me into the person i am today....yeah thanks codemasters!! lol
  • sepirothpk - September 18, 2009 7:25 a.m.

First game I can remember buying on my own would have to be Okami... I think. I usually have to consult my parents though I just usually feel really unsure before a purchase. Still not out of school. And I'm really reaaaaally sorry, but I bought it after Clover failed. Still, a great game and one I am glad to have
  • Furyspittles - September 18, 2009 5:25 a.m.

The Eyetoy. It cost $100, and seeing I was about 11 at the time, $100 seemed quite literally a truckload of money. But I raked all my birthday money, job money, and pocket money together, and I bought that little camera and the "Eyetoy Play" game that came with it. And it was totally worth that truckload of money. For 5 minutes :( I quickly realised the thing I hold sold my soul for wasn't all that great at being fun for even a small length of time, even at the age of 11. And I still have problems trusting 1st party periphals to this very day.
  • ACGUY - September 18, 2009 4:38 a.m.

The first game I ever bought on my own was pokemon silver got it when I was six. I worked my butt off for the game and it was worth it. While all the stupid kids in my class made lemonade stands. I used a wheelchair we had stashed in our garage, went door to door saying I need money for charity to help "handy capped people like me" in two days I was owning Lugia ass with Pikachu!
  • Montag - September 18, 2009 4:16 a.m.

Picking plums when I was a kid over the summer holidays, I bought 3d deathchase for the speccie. Nearest thing to a speeder bike chase. Pretty sure I also bought blade alley, a buck rogers clone at the same time
  • ChrisAntistaSmellsLikePizza - September 18, 2009 4:03 a.m.

FF VI, oh what an amazing day for my personal gaming life.
  • avery78 - September 18, 2009 3:50 a.m.

the first game I remember buying on my own was Metroid 2: Return of Samus on my original gameboy
  • mrl64 - September 18, 2009 2:43 a.m.

the first game i bought was super mario 64 on the n64
  • D4rk2triker - September 18, 2009 2:43 a.m.

It's been a while, but I think it was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for Game Boy Color. Man, I had no sense of quality back then.
  • Harmon20 - September 18, 2009 2:40 a.m.

man, the earliest I remember was getting The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for N64 with $50 in gift cards I had for Toys R Us. I felt so triumphant for being able to buy my own game! And it's also my favorite zelda, too! ^_^
  • AshLynx - September 18, 2009 2:23 a.m.

Pokemon Crystal. Sold some of my old games off just to get it!
  • Shadsy - September 18, 2009 2:09 a.m.

Back when I was still 14, I had saved up enough random lunch and Christmas money to buy a copy of Doom 3. My parents dropped me off at Best Buy, and I was so proud to finally pick a game up on my own terms, let alone a violent one! Then I realized the state had passed an M-rated game law and my parents had to come in to clear it with the cash register. NOOOOOOOooooo I eventually bought Metroid Prime 2 a few months later but it wasn't as momentous.
  • key0blade - September 18, 2009 12:27 a.m.

That was Chrono Trigger DS and by gawd I'm glad I did
  • drprofessor - September 17, 2009 11:59 p.m.

Friday the 13th for NES. Yeah, looking back I was a complete tool for that one, but I'll be damned if the game didn't scare the day lights outta me. I even actually beat the damn thing. Wow, my childhood is polluted with shitty games I've beaten. Go me.
  • gmilf71 - September 17, 2009 11:22 p.m.

Ratchet and clank 1. nuff said.
  • Hobojedi - September 17, 2009 11:14 p.m.

Huhm.. that was a long time ago, and the memories of getting games are all mixed in with all the other games I got for birthdays and Christmahanaquanzika presents.
  • kissmeimgreek - September 17, 2009 9:54 p.m.

oops forgot to mention that it was for the Nintendo 64. Did i mention tht it blue GT and Forza out of the water before they even existed? cuz it did.
  • silvereye - September 17, 2009 9:33 p.m.

None ium afraid, Im only 16 but 1 day ill buy my own game. I do know of a friend who has bought a ps3 and xbox 360 with his own money..... form selling games his parents had bought him! LOL
  • spawny0908 - September 17, 2009 9:21 p.m.

Spider-Man for the PS1. I was walking a dog for cash at the time and I saved for a while for that game. And it paid off too! That game was awesome!!
  • eliza0224 - September 17, 2009 9 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 last year (on the same day). I had played 1 and 4, so I saved some money and bought them. That was probably one of the best days of my life =D