• shelcobsohn - July 17, 2009 5:05 p.m.

minority report, i got it on my 13th birthday because my parents thought it was fitting that i get a T rated game. little did i know that the game was a steaming pile of monkey. send me stuff.
  • Xeacons - July 17, 2009 5:03 p.m.

Well, I can't say I hate all movie games; I've played some good ones, from Indiana Jones to Madagascar. Those were good. But the first, and worse movie game I ever played (and I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!): E.T. I swear! I was in 2nd grade at the time, it was the late 80's (that shows you how old I am) and the computer lab had an old Atari. After about 2 minutes I couldn't figure out what the point was, so I went back to Oregon Trail.
  • rxb - July 17, 2009 4:01 p.m.

Iouiec314 beat me to it Street fighter the Movie game, looked like street fighter, smelt like street fighter, played like crap.
  • oreomonkey - July 17, 2009 2:15 p.m.

POWER RANGERS: SUPER ROBO MEGA STAR FORCE.
  • Tabinabinamina - July 17, 2009 8:35 a.m.

I don't remember what specific game it was, but as I grew older my standerds grew as well. Last year however, for one reason or another I played wall-e. That is when I realized that not only was this not fun, it was just abysmally bad. I mean I fell through the platform like 7 times I can't be this bad. Never again.
  • RealTerry - July 17, 2009 7:59 a.m.

Well the first movie game I played was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the GBA which was awesome. Then Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the GBA which was ok. Then I played the Spongebob Movie game. Oh god how I regret wasting those 5 minutes of my life "playing" that glitchy, clunky mess.
  • Elbo444 - July 17, 2009 6 a.m.

the Toy Story game for N64, I never knew how to save so I would have to do the first level over and over again, I was like 7 at the time so all I remember is Buzz Lightyear, possibly some jumping, but it was boring so we took it back
  • Corsair89 - July 17, 2009 5:58 a.m.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It was a meh of a hack-n-slash game with PS1 quality graphics and recycled film footage. At the time, I loved it because I was still obsessed with everything Lord of the Rings aka The-Greatest-Movie/Book-Series-Ever-Made. When I played it again after my obsession died down a little, I wondered how I ever liked it in the first place. This kind of crap always happens to me: I get ultra obsessive of one particular thing and then everything based off of it, no matter how terrible, I end up liking because I was blinded by my love of the source material. The Simpsons Road Rage, South Park the Game, Enter The Matrix, Harry Potter games, LotR games, X-Men games, Futurama the Game, Family Guy the Game, etc. I'm starting to notice a pattern...
  • ACGUY - July 17, 2009 5:33 a.m.

Hands down Super Mario it was the first video game movie I saw and it was shit. What you had was The sopranos ran by bowser Mario screwing his ex. And Luigi saving a dinosaur he's sleeping with. Mario is crazy, but they made it to crazy where it wasn't Mario it was sopranos: Red Crack. God at the end of that movie the most unnatural thing happened me and my friends started vomiting all over the floor as soon the credits roll and my dog was draging his ass all over the carpet. I don't know what posessed the director to make that posionis shit. But right now I have it so in case someone tries to break in my house all I have to do is flash open the case and their face melts off. Still not worth my three dollars. All I just hope if that if the entertainment industry decides to give another shot at Mario that they use Micheal Bay and the whole team from transformers to do some crazy Mario shit where buildings are exploding, Bowser is rapeing godzilla. And when Mario jumps everyone with-in a ten mile radius gets squished under a huge shock wave. And they do everything else right including killing of Luigi in the first minute by having a huge boulder. And for please Micheal Bay no Shyla Lebuff! Or however the hell you spell it. We all know how much you want to screw him, but come-on he isn't bad-assed enough to do Mario and his mustache is more of a puss-stache. Woo now since that's out-of my system I fell young and have a craving for cakes. thank you GR for letting me get that of my chest! Frre at LAST! :D
  • nyef - July 17, 2009 3:25 a.m.

top gun... you evil...grieving... bastard... may you forever collect dust on my shelf!!!
  • i8luigi - July 17, 2009 3:01 a.m.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the Game Boy Advance. It was tedious, confusing, punishingly difficult and just plain not fun. This not only turned me off from movie games, but since it was one of the few games I owned, it temporarily turned me off gaming.
  • Vagrant - July 17, 2009 2:59 a.m.

I'd say probably Resident Evil. It was the game that had the best film potential and they managed to get it so wrong. And the sequel was potentially The Worst Film I've Ever Seen. But the thing that really gets me is that George Romero's denied script that had the creepy mansion and the Wesker betrayal and the Tyrant and all the things from RE that we actually liked...Was actually good. Not great. But that could've been a GOOD film. Mark my words. There can be no GOOD movie adaptation of a game. It's impossible. It shouldn't be, but it's like an unwritten law of the universe.
  • AntistaIsTheLight - July 17, 2009 2:42 a.m.

Sorry, but i made a lie at the end. I bought Spiderman 3 for the PS2.But even then, terrible game, right?
  • AntistaIsTheLight - July 17, 2009 2:39 a.m.

For me it would have to be any of the Harry Potter games. They barely follow the book's/movie's plot, they have horrendous loading times,and repetitive voice acting outside of cutscenes that also are terrible.I have not touched a single movie game since I played the first Harry Potter game but i think I might rent Up.
  • cracker33 - July 17, 2009 2:37 a.m.

Spiderman 2 for PC. I had been told that the version for consoles was not too bad, but the PC version sucked B*lls. The complete lack of pedestrians in the city frustrated me to no end.
  • TheStingingScorpion - July 17, 2009 2:33 a.m.

Godzilla Destroy All Monsters for the Gamecube. It shudd have ben awsome but in stead it suck so bad I tride to hang my self with the controller chord X_X
  • dweller - July 17, 2009 2:09 a.m.

Coincidentally the first movie game I played and hated is Total Recall. Stupid midgets. Though I was always a little hopeful that a movie game might do the franchise justice until Spider-man 3. I wish I didn't buy that on day one. I still have nightmares of dead eyed Tobey McGuire.
  • sbghost64 - July 17, 2009 1:52 a.m.

Spiderman 3 on the wii. thank god i rented it instead of buying it cause that was the worst shit ever. i didn't have any issues with movie games up to that point (from playing power rangers on the genesis at age 5 to the awesome spiderman 2 on ps2)and this was the first one where i hated it and i havent played a movie game since and probably never will
  • sgloomy - July 17, 2009 1:14 a.m.

the first harry potter game, that game truly sucked and i did not buy another movies game until the first transformers movie game, which sucked as well and as a result i have vowed to never ever ever again buy a game movie unless it get a review as good as MGS4 or GTA4, i almost even bought the Wolverine game but could not face another disappointment
  • AnonymouZ - July 17, 2009 1:05 a.m.

and i just realized i wrote my post on a DIFFERENT subject. It's what i get for reading hastily thru the QOTW. AFTER checking out your 5 worst things about Legend of Chun-Li movie... i facepalm at myself *facepalm*