• TheGooseinator - November 27, 2013 4:12 p.m.

Even PS4 is still overall the best console, I'm incredibly proud of Microsoft as a company for recovering in the way that they did. Although the XBox One is less technically impressive and has a much more multiplayer oriented game plan (which could be viewed as a plus), the console also has many neat features and forward thinking ideas involving Kinect and XBox Live. Even if the PS4 has similar features, that console seems more concerned with providing unique game experiences than a unique console (also an incredibly respectable approach). In short, although the PS4 is still overall the better console and will likely sell better in the coming months, the fact that the race is as close as it is shows off Microsofts chops as a game and console provider. Also, before anyone accuses me of any fanboyism, I should make it clear that I'm probably not going to buy either console anytime soon. I'm just sitting back with my Wii U, watching the sparks fly and waiting for the dust to settle. It's been incredibly entertaining XD.
  • AnthonyTV - November 30, 2013 9:22 a.m.

Weird. I sold my Wii U for less than half what I spent on it & the games and put it as store credit toward a PS4. And I couldn't be happier. How is your Wii U? Looking no better than PS3 or 360? Because it isn't. Almost no online support? Almost no stand-out exclusives? Is Super Smash Bro's that worth buying something as powerful as a 360 with an OS & online weaker than PS3... and a PS4 at 399, the same price, just 1 year later? How's the blu-ray? Oh wait. How about the next several years of games that will no longer bow down to the xbox 360's 10gb limit and thus will not even be able to fit on a Wii U disc? Remember when the Wii reached the point where it had half-assed iterations of games because it couldn't handle the full versions? The Wii U is going to become that after 1 year!!!! I hope it's worth it to spend 500 dollars on a Wii U just to have Super Smash Brothers.
  • sephex - November 27, 2013 3:54 p.m.

"The Xbox 360's interface was a mess..." What!? I think it was the coolest point of X360.
  • Razzal - November 30, 2013 12:01 p.m.

My biggest problem with the 360 interface was the fact that I had to look at adverts on a service I am paying for. At least on the playstation UI, I do not have to wade through ads to get what I wanted, even when you are not on ps plus.
  • Swedish_Chef - January 31, 2014 3:27 a.m.

The interface started off really good at launch but as they kept adding stuff and changing it, things got really messy.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 27, 2013 8:16 a.m.

But what about that extra RAM they might have hidden in the Xbone? No mention of it here, I see.......
  • Eightboll812 - November 27, 2013 9:11 a.m.

Oh, you mean the MS-fanboy troll? I think his pre-order came with that extra RAM because his last post claimed Xbone hardware was superior to PS4 hardware, lol.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 27, 2013 9:14 a.m.

That would be the one!
  • Redeater - November 27, 2013 12:53 p.m.

I just about spit coffee on my screen. Thanks for that.
  • dangomushi - November 26, 2013 9:52 p.m.

I just want a WiiU..
  • Eightboll812 - November 26, 2013 6:11 p.m.

Resurrecting this article, although I see why because it's updating the conclusions now that the staff has played both, still seems like trolling for flame wars, lol.
  • Shigeruken - November 26, 2013 5:09 p.m.

I really do not like the Xbox One ui, it seems like everything I dislike about windows 8 has made its way into the console somehow.
  • Timstertimster - November 26, 2013 4:34 p.m.

PS4 because: 1. My friends are on PS4 2. The HDD is really easy to swap. And trust me, 500 GB is nothing in 3 years' time 3. Software arguments are bogus both ways. Both consoles support software updates so yeah, I don't worry about not having YouTube yet. 4. Nicer looking for my tastes but I do worry about heat. Sigh. 5. I just like Sony as a corporation better.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - November 26, 2013 4:32 p.m.

I still prefer Xbox :P
  • shawksta - November 26, 2013 4:25 p.m.

My eyes are on Xbone but that doesnt mean i hate the PS4, thats not how i am
  • mike-buchert - September 6, 2013 5:56 a.m.

Truth is....they are both nice systems and will have fans regardless...PS4 here bro...
  • RoadShow - September 19, 2013 4:02 p.m.

Playstation +'s: (1) Spectate & Take over mode (2) Free exclusive content like that found in Destiny, Watchdogs & Assassins Creed (3) Only service paywalled is online play - you can stream, browse, video capture/upload & spectate without PS+ (4) Free games with PS+ on PS4 + PS3 + PS Vita games (5) Army of Sony studios (6) sleek console & internal power supply (7) Innovative controller (8) PS Move - best motion control ever (9) consumer friendly, service/support/games (10) $100 less + more power
  • Syniax - July 4, 2013 5:04 a.m.

I gotta say I am going for the PS4 regardless... I will get Xbox one at some point in time only because some games I would love to play that are only exclusive to Xbox but for the most part my gaming will be done on PS4. It seems Xbox is trying to do alot of restricting here and there. Then they changed their minds after everything was going down. So it just seems that Xbox isn't fully aware on what they want to do... So ill be patient for xboxone and grab a PS4 in the meantime
  • TheKingOfRuckus - June 26, 2013 9:30 p.m.

On page 9: "Microsoft has announced a firm November 2012 release" Might wanna change that.