• marc-crichton - January 27, 2015 6:49 p.m.

For me it's obvious it's the ps4 I bought it at Launch and love it..the ui is clean n the interface is less cluttered..I bought a x1 this past Xmas mainly for killer instinct n dead rising three as well as sunset overdrive since everyone was saying it's amazing. Frankly with sunset, dead rising 3, killer instinct, forza5 , ryse and halo mcc..I can honestly say I've played none more then a hr..the only game I found fun n awesome is dead rising..for all the hype of sunset it just seems meh to me..so x1 is collecting dust while I wait for its next exclusive *tomb raider* the other reason I bought it. As for my ps4 it's always on..with awesome games like infamous and little big planet and kill zone n with games like bloodborn n uncharted and street fighter 5 and other upcoming exclusives I'm beyond happy with my purchase!! Games look better no matter how slight the controller is nicer and the install times are waaaaay better..it takes two mins to install a ps4 game I've waited four to five hrs to install forza n ryse n dead rising..I had to leave the system on overnight..it's just not fast enough. So I'm ps4 all the way!! To each there own.
  • Rosula - January 28, 2015 2:28 a.m.

The install times sound dreadful for X1. If you buy a new console, you want to be up and running and playing a new game as quickly as possible - not waiting another 4 hours.
  • jamesx92 - January 28, 2015 5:58 a.m.

Who gives up on that many games after an hour? And how does that mean you can fairly compare the two?
  • Luka024 - January 28, 2015 11:42 a.m.

It's called fanboy. They attempt to validate their opinions as facts by saying ridiculous things like oh yea I bought one, played it for 5 minutes it's terrible or "meh" and then PS4 all the way!!!1!!11! Lame. I've played the Xbox One now for a good month straight and I think the most annoying aspect of it is the install times and the size of said installs. It's like the PS3 all over again. Other than that I have no complaints. I won't buy a PS4 until they drop in price. I paid $280 for the Xbone when it was on sale for $349 and then Target was offering a $70 gift card. I couldn't resist that price point. I can say from playing the PS4 on demo at Best Buy, I am still not a fan of those parallel analog sticks. The controller is infinitely better feeling than the old Dual Shock but the Xbox controller is still more comfortable over long periods of gaming. Other than that I won't have an opinion of it until I buy one.
  • marc-crichton - January 28, 2015 6:52 p.m.

Fanboy?? Because I choose one system over the other makes me a fanboy?? This coming from someone who only played the systems in a booth?? A fanboy is someone who owns one system n bashes another..I own both therefore I can make a valid comment on what system I prefer . I never once said Xbox sucked or ps4 forever I simply stated why I prefer ps4 simple as that you don't like it that's cool..but don't start insulting ppl calling them fanboys cause they have a preference thanks!
  • marc-crichton - January 28, 2015 6:33 p.m.

Give up is not the right term but I'm quite busy and have most data only four hrs during the week daily to game..so if I'm playing with limited time I'm investing that time in the games I pick up n go wow this is awesome. The games I own I did not give up on them I simply stuck with the game that pleased me the most after getting into it. If I play thru the tutorial stages n do a mission. Or two and I'm not like that's awesome? Then I move to the next..while I'm aware that some games start slow and play better later on at this time I simply don't have the time. Never said those games were bad just that dead rising 3 gave me that this is awesome feel from the jump the rest after the first few missions did not.
  • Undefined - January 27, 2015 5:48 p.m.

PS3: free online multiplayer. Smackdown. New-gen eat your hearts out. Plus why would I even need a new machine when there are still dozens of games I haven't played. My last-gen wisihlist still has about 80 games on it which I can get for peanuts. So spending 400 € and then waiting half a year between decent releases... Makes no sense to me. Also I still don't get it why is everyone so psyched about the Master Chief Collection. Everyone bitches about remakes all the time but this is praised to high heavens even though (psssht) the games aren't that good. The first one certainly isn't. I mean, library anyone?
  • mattadik123 - January 27, 2015 4:12 p.m.

They forgot the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as Quantic Dream for PlayStation.
  • justcallmejosh - January 27, 2015 2:17 p.m.

Nothing to say about Bloodborne? I am insanely excited for it and it is all the motivation I need to want a PS4 (when I can afford one). Having seen what Xbox has to offer I can't see how it could be seen to be superior on games to the PS4
  • twhiting9275 - January 27, 2015 1:27 p.m.

"they're yours to play as long as you remain a Gold subscriber" Did they change something here? Games with gold has been permanent as far as I can recall , which sets it apart from the Sony counterpart, and would put Microsoft over here. As far as controllers, I'll take something I can swap batteries out in any day of the week, as opposed to Sony's "trust us" approach. I can't count how many PS3 controllers I've gone through where the thing just had to be plugged in just to play, no more recharging.... And I've only had the current console 3 years!
  • AnotherVictim09 - January 27, 2015 2:03 p.m.

As far as I can tell Games with Gold is still permanently yours once you've 'purchased' it, regardless of your subscription status after that.
  • Mik3one5 - January 27, 2015 8:46 p.m.

I've had the same PS3 controller since 2009, pput in maybe over a 1000 hours, and it works good as any new controller. Whatever happened to your controllers was probably user error.
  • Alskeora - January 27, 2015 1:02 p.m.

Looking at this article, I think I'll give it a year or two before I get a "next gen" console. The PS4 and Xbone seem to have forgotten that they're games consoles, not multi function home supercomputers. I don't care about graphics, UI, sharing or subscription services. If this is what next gen means, then I'm glad the Wii U isn't a runner up here. I'm going to stick with that and any ps3 games I missed from last gen.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - January 27, 2015 2:04 p.m.

LOL.
  • Dalchop - November 21, 2014 8:59 p.m.

My 10 yr old daughter has asked for a game console for Xmas. She has a Wii and mainly uses that for dancing, she is also fully into Minecraft but not so much other video games, so I'm looking for something that is minecraft friendly as well as being able to be used for dancing and even singing. Im at a loss as to what to go with, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
  • EoRdE6 - December 5, 2014 9:41 p.m.

Get the Xbox One for dance games and Minecraft. Microsoft (the maker of Xbox) owns Minecraft, so you can bet it will continue to be better on Xbox. Also the Kinect is far superior in motion sensing with it's dual IR cameras that work in light and dark with no silly controllers. I would suggest Just Dance 2015 for Xbox One to start off with
  • LeoKurtz - November 14, 2014 5:23 a.m.

The Xbox One have better exclusives, so it should take the "games" category. other than that I agree with your views
  • Win_or_Wince - November 13, 2014 10:34 p.m.

Am thrilled there are still those out there who would assume take a lashing from a whip than contribute to any financial growth for Microsoft. Forced Online: Never Forget. PlayStation 5 may be a console when it gets released in a few years, but, there is a strong possibility that consoles after that will be cloud-based. Or, at the very least built into our smart devices. Mobile Gaming Taking Over the Video Game Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF2Y_j8d3vQ
  • khalid-farhan - November 2, 2014 10:47 a.m.

Xbox One is surely the better one than PS4. Everyone was like, PS4 will be better initially but when they both went on floor, everyone now started regretting. I am smart lol. I saw this article once http://www.sheeparcade.com/why-xbox-one-is-better!**/ and bought Xbox one right then. I am totally happy with my console.
  • Gazn1 - September 25, 2014 6:56 p.m.

I started off with the Xbox one, then sold it for the ps4, but I actually regretted it after. The reason for this is because I just wasn't fond of the ps4 and it's UI/home layout. The only reason I ever got it was for infamous , which was okay but not brilliant. Anyway I sold the ps4 and moved back to pc gaming for a bit . but I finally in the end went and bought another xbox one and the funny thing is I actually turned a profit with it. In the end I prefer xbox exclusives over ps exclusives.
  • RupertCow - October 2, 2014 9:44 p.m.

You sold your console because of the UI? In the end who cares who's home screen looks better. As long as they do the same thing, I can say that PS4 are bringing some exciting exclusives because of their hardware (that xbox can't run ;)) I myself havnt got a PS4 or an Xbox One but I've played both. I prefer the feel of the PS4 controller. Though I've been an xbox fan, I loved the xbox 360 controller but now it just feels cheap, I don't understand why ps4 has a touch screen on the ps4 controller but that isn't a nuisance or anything. In the end pick what you prefer, hardware over games? I can say that xbox seem to have the better exclusives so far. I can't say forever I'm know that exclusives are coming on ps4 that look amazing.