• Tjwoods18 - May 21, 2013 6:58 p.m.

I guess you do get what you pay for (i.e., Marketplace advertisements).
  • drew-pfaff - May 24, 2013 12:50 a.m.

how is it that the xbox has been on top for the last 27 months when it used to be ahead of the ps3 in sales and now they are almost dead even? and you get what you pay for, seriously? I just got back home from my first year of college, one of my roommates and I played all the time on his 360, and before that I had always played on a PS of any kind. All I got from the Xbox's getting what you pay for is a ridiculous amount of pre teens yelling at me through the screen, I don't want to pay extra for that. The ps3 is the superior system spec wise period, it was made better for the long run or else it wouldn't have caught up with the 360. And about halo, its shit ok, that roommate of mine had never played a call of duty game online before this year, and we started to play after we had gotten passed lvl 50 of the Halo 4 multiplayer, and he agreed with me that Halo 4's gameplay really did suck compared to Black ops 2's. As far as saying God of war and a few other single player games, that shows that you know nothing about PS3 exclusives, the fact that you used one that was from the PS2 era instead of anything like Uncharted, infamous, Metal Gear Solid, Resistance, and many other games I chose to pass on this generation. Oh, and all of the games I mentioned had multiplayer. For any gamer the blu ray player was never a selling point, and I am sick and tired of people acting as if the controller is a valid excuse, seriously, at least they tried something a little different with it. and I like the idea of calling the forth console sony makes the PlayStation 4, smarter than Microsoft calling the third console they make the Xbox One. After playing the Xbox exclusively for a year and coming back home and playing the PS3 again, I say that people that whine about the controllers people that don't have a reasonable argument and will come up with the stupidest things to cling to their ideas, and unfortunately, you are one of them. And if you really have been gaming for 32 years I almost feel sorry for you to feel so strongly about something like this, go somewhere else, people want legitimate arguments that are well worded and properly thought about before they are shared, hitting the caps lock does not make your message any clearer, it just makes it that much easier to disregard.
  • Adi_9194 - May 31, 2013 9:55 a.m.

32 years, wow. I salute you. Form what I know PS3 and XBox 360 have sold almost equal units, despite MS having a head start of almost a year. The 2 new consoles are running neck and neck in terms of hardware, but the attitude of MS toward it's loyal customers, through several recent tweets may have sealed the deal for many Gamers. All Sony has to do is avoid controversy and any vague statements and they just might win this generation.
  • haipayazoo - May 22, 2013 11:14 a.m.

I can't wait to buy an Xbox One and play NO GAMES on it.
  • michaelkaramas - May 21, 2013 11:08 p.m.

LOL @ screen, you have no idea what you are saying. Look up what it really is before you post your xbot thoughts.
  • KrAzEd - May 21, 2013 8:38 p.m.

I totally agree, I don't get all the hate for the conference. I've been gaming for 19 years and I want consoles to evolve. I consider myself a "hardcore" gamer, but the Xbox one is doing some really cool stuff that I will def make use of. Not to mention 15 exclusives in the first 12 months and the vastly superior XBL and xbox controller, its a no brainer.
  • ericmatrix1 - May 21, 2013 6:09 p.m.

I think the PS4 will have significantly better graphics, so they will win there, but the XboxOne will undoubtedly OWN in the content arena. their exclusive offerings and ease of use will bring them to the front of the console pack, I think. I mean, do not get me wrong, I like Playstation but they have just failed the consumer so many times. They make promises that they either do not keep or takes them years to make good on. Microsoft is just on it
  • ericmatrix1 - May 27, 2013 3:25 p.m.

My comment on the graphics was not based on the "on paper" specs but rather, from what we saw at the reveals. Each company took time to break down specific graphics-related features and display the quality of the resulting product. For example, Microsoft & Activision showcased the enhanced graphic changes in regards to COD: Ghosts. They were nice, in comparison to older games, I must admit. Sony, on the other hand, showed the photo-realistic image f the old man and the subtle changes in facial contortion and expression of feelings. My assessment is indeed a premature one, but it is based purely on what we were SHOWN rather than what is printed on paper. I mean, on PAPER, both have 8 Cores but if most of those cores are used for the operating system and functionality (PS4) then the console would be much slower when trying to do things like Multitasking and swipe gestures. My point is, you can not go solely on what papers say, because two systems may utilize the same or similar hardware, but both may utilize them differently, producing a very different result. Also, to be honest, my comment on them having failed the consumer is partially true, but also, in part, due to personal experience. You are correct in inferring that many corporations (especially in the gaming industry) will fail their consumers many times during the cycle of a console. My gripes with Playstation, however, are because their failings as of late seem to be more current and more often and do not even get me started on all their promises surrounding the PS Vita & its functionality with the PS3. I do hope they get it right with the PS4 and truly follow through. In relation to ALL gaming companies, I would much rather them say NOTHING about a product until its release rather than getting my hopes up, only for them to be dashed when said company does not follow through. You know?
  • slimjim441 - May 21, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Today's Xbox One reveal was honestly rather lackluster. Nothing was bad, but nothing made me think 'wow.' Granted, PS4's reveal wasn't too much better, but it definitely wasn't as uninformative. If you're going specs, Xbox One does have a lot in it, and I mean that in a bad way. I'd like to say PS4 is looking better, but everything from Battlefield 4 to MGSV hasn't actually been showcased on either next gen system, so it's hard to say. Final verdict: Xbox One is a fucking stupid name and Super Nintendo wins.
  • Fhiend - May 22, 2013 7 a.m.

SNES always wins.
  • pokepark7 - May 21, 2013 5:39 p.m.

OK so this is a close one but the PS4 does look better and gives a effort BUT the X box one does seem to have great graphics so....... i'm going with the .......... UGH!!!! i cant decide they both are cool but still. :P
  • McEd - May 21, 2013 5:37 p.m.

I feel like Xbox is trying to squeeze more money out of me with the pre-owned game fee. And the always online kind of thing, like you need to activate the game online to play offline I find not cool. My vote is PS4 for president.
  • rballa2 - May 21, 2013 9:41 p.m.

"I hate so much about the things that you choose to be."
  • McEd - May 22, 2013 12:32 a.m.

What? what I think you are saying is that you think I am saying that Obama is a good president? Is that what you are saying?
  • drew-pfaff - May 24, 2013 12:53 a.m.

The fact you go into politics is pathetic, I don't think Obama is that great of a president, but he is much better than the people he ran against, and if you have that big of a problem go and do something about it.