• sksouthpaw - September 7, 2014 2:08 p.m.

I have to say, I was always a fan of the 360 in the past, however Ive owned consoles from both sides. Currently I have both the XB1 and PS4. This is not meant to bash the PS4. Its definitely a solid console, however I've got to hand it to the Xbox one, IMO it is the better console. Currently the PS4 is collecting dust and the xbox gets the majority of the use. Even my two roommates primarily use and prefer the XB1. The gaming is very similar. Both have loading times, even though they advertise that they don't. The PS4's graphics are slightly better, but as of now with the current games, I can barely tell the difference. So to me, the claimed graphic difference is not noticeable and not a reason to choose one console over the other. As far as processing speeds? Again, I fail to see much of a difference. I know I will catch some fire from ps4 fanboys for this next section. Functionality. The xbox one layout is IMO easier to navigate and more user friendly than the ps4, the PS4 layout kind of seems disorganized and scattered. As far as the cameras go, the Kinect objectively is far superior. The playstation's camera is lacking. Voice commands and hand motions are nice and smooth on the xbox one. PS4's seems more comparable to the 360 Kinect. The xbox one app is also more user friendly, and makes your phone a universal remote. I like this, because for me, that means no more losing and searching for my TV remote. However, one aspect I wish the XB1 app had was the ability to turn on the console using the phone. (Not that it isnt easy enough to say "Xbox, On" or use the gaming controller). To be honest, I like the PS4 better without there camera, as the voice recognition is pretty poor. It is actually more of a nuisance, as while playing games or watching netflix/movies the dialogue will randomly trigger the voice prompt to pop up on screen and even sometimes bring you back to the main menu. As far as the xbox, I prefer having Kinect hooked up, and do not regret paying the extra money to have it. After I bought the playstation camera, the price difference between the PS4 and XB1 was really only about 40$. PS4 W/ camera= 460$, xbox one W/ Kinect = 499$. Overall for me, the xbox provides much more entertainment than the PS4. The gaming as of now is honestly the same. Maybe in the future, the processing speeds and difference in graphics will be more apparent as game developers begin designing games solely for the next gen. However currently in my eyes, Xbox one is the clear winner. I actually have a few friends that have traded in their PS4 for an xbox one after seeing and using my console. Although have yet to see any of my friends switch from an XB1 to PS4. Hope this helps some of you trying to decide which to get. Although I know PS4 fanboys will be all over this with the "ps4 outsells xbox 3:1". Again, this is my opinion after owning both consoles for about a year now.
  • nick-stancato - September 4, 2014 1:18 a.m.

I own both and I've lost almost all excitement for the PS4. The one good game this year was Infamous. What do they have since that release? A PS3 port and a racing game. I'm sick of the Indie shovelware as well. XBO has the superior upcoming lineup, then Wii U is a solid second. PS4 is in disappointingly last place for me
  • sksouthpaw - September 7, 2014 2:15 p.m.

I agree 100% I own both a PS4 and a One, however I rarely even touch the PS4 anymore. I use the one frequently, and is all around easier to use and more user friendly. Plus the titles for xbone coming in the near future excite me way more than any ps4 titles announced.
  • Arbiter627 - September 3, 2014 1:05 p.m.

Ps4 sucks none of that is accurate.
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 8:57 a.m.

and most importantly - when is ZOMBIES COMING :)))))
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 7:35 a.m.

and if only microsoft had put gddr5 ram inside the console instead of a putting a stupid kinect with it and charged £360 ish instead of being so greedy trying to get £430 ish when launched the sales figures would of been so much better for them
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 7:18 a.m.

i probably will get xbox one due to prefering the pad, but if ps4 had xbox pad i would definatly buy it as its got more beef inside lol - another thing id like to say is people argue so much about both systems, ther both great just ps4 slightly better thats all, be happy people and enjoy what pad u prefer, what games you prefer and what ur mates are on i guess :)
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 7:09 a.m.

im 360 gamer, im not a fanboy just got it as more mates had it , i remember ps3 being better spec but did anyone notice difference between 360 and ps3 no ! - also the difference between 1080 native and 900p upscaled is not noticable unless your close to tv or have 50" + TV. so slight resolution differences do not matter to me as both hav lots of ram to show off draw distance shadows frame rate which is more important than some extra pixels. anyhow im about to buy a new console as theres few games coming soon that look great for both. ideally i want a ps4 ( the more powerful unit so that in the future when games get pushed to ther limit in theory it will handle better, for example battlefield 4 on the xbox 360 was a bag of shite and pushed the 360 to its limit, also think they rushed the game ) but !! i want the ps4 with xbox controller as the only thing i dont like about sony is ther pad where your thumbs are so close together. but im not buying some controller device to do this. so i either get used to sony pad / or i get xbox one that MAY not be so impressive compared to ps4 in future years when developers are pushin games to the limit. decisions decisions wish i could hav both :(
  • ragontx - July 12, 2014 5:23 a.m.

I been patiently waiting for the answer for this question ps4 or xb1. the real answer is really what games do you like to play? forget about hardware we know ps4 has the upper hand on that, but is up to the developers to use the resources. Is all about the console exclusive titles halo, FF, god of war, etc etc. Clearly both systems are a step up from the previous. Now for those of us who have friends with both consoles and had a time to test them both while still using the last gen. 360 consoles may notice the changes on the 360 as of lately. I'm very happy so far with 360 and probably will go ps4. Why? because I missed a ton of games for the ps3 that where not on the 360 mostly rpg games. But I really like what MS did with the xbox consoles, it made it easier to adapt to everyone on the house. playing and then wife says i want to watch tv, no problem pause game and switch to tv , want to watch cable No problemo cable here also, darn missed an episode of xyz hulu fast please , anime no problem 360 and xb1 have crunshyroll plus other anime friendly channels lol, want to see xyz player on twich tv again 360 and xbox 1. That i will miss of the xbox systems , ps4 is a stand alone gaming machine with some good apps but not really much there as extras. But, if history repeats again ps4 will have some nice exclusive rpg's more than 360 the only problem is that Sony tends to move things slooooowwly ...for now keeping 360 ..keeping my money until next year to see what is in the future for the two consoles. If I have the chance of getting a ps4 from a friend who wants to go back to xbox I will probably get it since i know it will be cheaper than going to store and paying for it plus taxes lol. The only motivation so far for ps4 is that ..you CAN upgrade the darn hard-drive!!! Really MS !! capping us at 500gb ??? WTF where you thinking ??!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that MS will launch an xb1 with exchangeable drives on the near future since games now require more than a few GB not counting movies and songs and crap you like , demos, baby pics lol etc etc etc ....500gb sucks !!!!
  • bis-limbu - July 21, 2014 2:08 p.m.

You an idiot!?!? Forget the hardware??? Its all about the hardware! Without the hardware games won't run and yes it does make a difference. Hardware decides how much fun youll have on a game. The hardware on consoles are different consoles have lag or bad graphics like the xbox 360 to ps3 the hardware was much better. But this year the PS4 has won. I bought the Xbox one when getting it i was disapointed in videos the graphics on the one looked better but when i experinced the xb1 i realised they had just put more colors in so it would look brighter and seem to look lke it had better grpahics then the ps4 but it was all just microsoft manipulation of advertisement to persuade you to buy the console.... i am gutted and am saving up for a ps4 currently after selling my XB1
  • JustSumRandmGuy - July 2, 2014 4:43 p.m.

"Updated with new info from E3" but they say "Xbox might bring back Crackdown" Hello! Crackdown was announced at E3?! Duh!!
  • halo_king_jesse - June 29, 2014 11:21 a.m.

Ps4s controller sucks its so small it looks like a dog bone and if you want to actually use it correctly you cramp you damn hand and fuck its unbalanced you cant hold it from the side with one hand loosely or you fucking drop it and chances are itll get eaten by your dog its such a gay controler I swear fuck touchpad
  • RandyChimp - September 3, 2014 8:33 a.m.

Yeah...the ps4 pad is so...gay? It's...it's really gay...cus....um....it's....it's just gay?
  • alejandro-quintero - May 18, 2014 8:32 p.m.

Like the before edition after launched the PS4 and Xbox 360, both are good, ist doesn't care which one.
  • gazghoul - May 17, 2014 11:09 p.m.

Reading through the comments the are quite a few hypocrites here. Personally I opted for a ps4. I had never owned a ps3 I was always Xbox. I got mine on launch day and the decision was made through previews. I've never had a go I an xbox 1 so can't comment on it. All I know is that most of my friend own it so it makes my online experience quite rubbish as far as Coop play goes. That being said, I am liking playing ff14. I will more than likely get an xbox 1 to try it out and whatever machine i like best I will trade the other in for games!
  • SunnyRivers - May 17, 2014 6:36 p.m.

Who holds the record for most pages to click through in an article? 31 pages?!
  • cduke - May 16, 2014 1:07 p.m.

do your research the only reason sony is making more that microsoft is for the fact that ps4 is sold worldwide xbox one is sold in the united states and a few select coutries
  • voidwalker - May 16, 2014 6:12 a.m.

Its like comparing porsche to a fiat. Do we really have to do this?
  • CurryIsGood - May 15, 2014 9:54 p.m.

I actually prefer trophies to achievements because to get high gamer score, you just need to play many games normally. Do this on ps3 and you'll have a whole lotta bronze, a few silver, less gold....and no platinum. That sense of achievement you get when you finally platinum a game can (ironically) not be replicated by achievements.
  • -_-Anonymous-_- - May 15, 2014 9:03 p.m.

I wouldn't even call the Xbox One or PS4 next Gen at all. it's nothing new from the Xbox 360 and the PS3. both consoles have so many software and hardware flaws, that don't make it any better than the Atari Jaguar CD. the Xbox One is on life support just like the Sega Genesis was with it's Sega CD & 32X add on. The only good Next Gen Console is the Wii U. No flaws in Hardware or software. And great games. unlike the Xbox One and PS4, the Wii U can play original Wii games. When will you kids learn, that better graphics do NOT make a better game. We are Legion, We Don't Forget, We Don't Forgive, Expect Us. we're Nintendo. Advance Gamers since the 1980's.