• Dalchop - November 21, 2014 8:59 p.m.

My 10 yr old daughter has asked for a game console for Xmas. She has a Wii and mainly uses that for dancing, she is also fully into Minecraft but not so much other video games, so I'm looking for something that is minecraft friendly as well as being able to be used for dancing and even singing. Im at a loss as to what to go with, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
  • LeoKurtz - November 14, 2014 5:23 a.m.

The Xbox One have better exclusives, so it should take the "games" category. other than that I agree with your views
  • Win_or_Wince - November 13, 2014 10:34 p.m.

Am thrilled there are still those out there who would assume take a lashing from a whip than contribute to any financial growth for Microsoft. Forced Online: Never Forget. PlayStation 5 may be a console when it gets released in a few years, but, there is a strong possibility that consoles after that will be cloud-based. Or, at the very least built into our smart devices. Mobile Gaming Taking Over the Video Game Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF2Y_j8d3vQ
  • khalid-farhan - November 2, 2014 10:47 a.m.

Xbox One is surely the better one than PS4. Everyone was like, PS4 will be better initially but when they both went on floor, everyone now started regretting. I am smart lol. I saw this article once http://www.sheeparcade.com/why-xbox-one-is-better!**/ and bought Xbox one right then. I am totally happy with my console.
  • Gazn1 - September 25, 2014 6:56 p.m.

I started off with the Xbox one, then sold it for the ps4, but I actually regretted it after. The reason for this is because I just wasn't fond of the ps4 and it's UI/home layout. The only reason I ever got it was for infamous , which was okay but not brilliant. Anyway I sold the ps4 and moved back to pc gaming for a bit . but I finally in the end went and bought another xbox one and the funny thing is I actually turned a profit with it. In the end I prefer xbox exclusives over ps exclusives.
  • RupertCow - October 2, 2014 9:44 p.m.

You sold your console because of the UI? In the end who cares who's home screen looks better. As long as they do the same thing, I can say that PS4 are bringing some exciting exclusives because of their hardware (that xbox can't run ;)) I myself havnt got a PS4 or an Xbox One but I've played both. I prefer the feel of the PS4 controller. Though I've been an xbox fan, I loved the xbox 360 controller but now it just feels cheap, I don't understand why ps4 has a touch screen on the ps4 controller but that isn't a nuisance or anything. In the end pick what you prefer, hardware over games? I can say that xbox seem to have the better exclusives so far. I can't say forever I'm know that exclusives are coming on ps4 that look amazing.
  • sksouthpaw - September 7, 2014 2:08 p.m.

I have to say, I was always a fan of the 360 in the past, however Ive owned consoles from both sides. Currently I have both the XB1 and PS4. This is not meant to bash the PS4. Its definitely a solid console, however I've got to hand it to the Xbox one, IMO it is the better console. Currently the PS4 is collecting dust and the xbox gets the majority of the use. Even my two roommates primarily use and prefer the XB1. The gaming is very similar. Both have loading times, even though they advertise that they don't. The PS4's graphics are slightly better, but as of now with the current games, I can barely tell the difference. So to me, the claimed graphic difference is not noticeable and not a reason to choose one console over the other. As far as processing speeds? Again, I fail to see much of a difference. I know I will catch some fire from ps4 fanboys for this next section. Functionality. The xbox one layout is IMO easier to navigate and more user friendly than the ps4, the PS4 layout kind of seems disorganized and scattered. As far as the cameras go, the Kinect objectively is far superior. The playstation's camera is lacking. Voice commands and hand motions are nice and smooth on the xbox one. PS4's seems more comparable to the 360 Kinect. The xbox one app is also more user friendly, and makes your phone a universal remote. I like this, because for me, that means no more losing and searching for my TV remote. However, one aspect I wish the XB1 app had was the ability to turn on the console using the phone. (Not that it isnt easy enough to say "Xbox, On" or use the gaming controller). To be honest, I like the PS4 better without there camera, as the voice recognition is pretty poor. It is actually more of a nuisance, as while playing games or watching netflix/movies the dialogue will randomly trigger the voice prompt to pop up on screen and even sometimes bring you back to the main menu. As far as the xbox, I prefer having Kinect hooked up, and do not regret paying the extra money to have it. After I bought the playstation camera, the price difference between the PS4 and XB1 was really only about 40$. PS4 W/ camera= 460$, xbox one W/ Kinect = 499$. Overall for me, the xbox provides much more entertainment than the PS4. The gaming as of now is honestly the same. Maybe in the future, the processing speeds and difference in graphics will be more apparent as game developers begin designing games solely for the next gen. However currently in my eyes, Xbox one is the clear winner. I actually have a few friends that have traded in their PS4 for an xbox one after seeing and using my console. Although have yet to see any of my friends switch from an XB1 to PS4. Hope this helps some of you trying to decide which to get. Although I know PS4 fanboys will be all over this with the "ps4 outsells xbox 3:1". Again, this is my opinion after owning both consoles for about a year now.
  • rpggamer89 - October 20, 2014 11:37 a.m.

Thank you for your informative comments. I was debating which I would go with. I own an Xbox 360 and was wondering which next-gen console I will eventually go with. I was leaning Xbox One, but was considering making the switch. I'll probably get both eventually. But I think I'm going to wait a couple of years for both, when it's cheaper and more exclusive games are released. Who knows? Maybe some bugs will be worked out with a re-release. But I think my priority will be getting the Xbox One first. I've always thought that graphics and speed are not noticeably different enough to pick one console over the other for that reason alone.
  • nick-stancato - September 4, 2014 1:18 a.m.

I own both and I've lost almost all excitement for the PS4. The one good game this year was Infamous. What do they have since that release? A PS3 port and a racing game. I'm sick of the Indie shovelware as well. XBO has the superior upcoming lineup, then Wii U is a solid second. PS4 is in disappointingly last place for me
  • sksouthpaw - September 7, 2014 2:15 p.m.

I agree 100% I own both a PS4 and a One, however I rarely even touch the PS4 anymore. I use the one frequently, and is all around easier to use and more user friendly. Plus the titles for xbone coming in the near future excite me way more than any ps4 titles announced.
  • howcanudodat - October 15, 2014 5:27 a.m.

Yes Xbox one has the better line up of games for this years end, but what about the exclusives for ps4 next year?, and don't you forget that Uncharted 4 will be and undoubtedly the biggest exclusive next year! I own Both As Well So stop complaining and enjoy the exclusives each has to offer in time to come!
  • Arbiter627 - September 3, 2014 1:05 p.m.

Ps4 sucks none of that is accurate.
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 8:57 a.m.

and most importantly - when is ZOMBIES COMING :)))))
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 7:35 a.m.

and if only microsoft had put gddr5 ram inside the console instead of a putting a stupid kinect with it and charged £360 ish instead of being so greedy trying to get £430 ish when launched the sales figures would of been so much better for them
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 7:18 a.m.

i probably will get xbox one due to prefering the pad, but if ps4 had xbox pad i would definatly buy it as its got more beef inside lol - another thing id like to say is people argue so much about both systems, ther both great just ps4 slightly better thats all, be happy people and enjoy what pad u prefer, what games you prefer and what ur mates are on i guess :)
  • lmao25 - October 5, 2014 7:55 a.m.

are you actually dense? you clearly know nothing about hardware as gddr5 is graphics memory not system memory which btw 8gb of ddr3 ram is fine for both consoles. as this is what i run in my pc rig and can max battlefield 4 on ultra at constant 60fps
  • sk3let0r - July 28, 2014 7:09 a.m.

im 360 gamer, im not a fanboy just got it as more mates had it , i remember ps3 being better spec but did anyone notice difference between 360 and ps3 no ! - also the difference between 1080 native and 900p upscaled is not noticable unless your close to tv or have 50" + TV. so slight resolution differences do not matter to me as both hav lots of ram to show off draw distance shadows frame rate which is more important than some extra pixels. anyhow im about to buy a new console as theres few games coming soon that look great for both. ideally i want a ps4 ( the more powerful unit so that in the future when games get pushed to ther limit in theory it will handle better, for example battlefield 4 on the xbox 360 was a bag of shite and pushed the 360 to its limit, also think they rushed the game ) but !! i want the ps4 with xbox controller as the only thing i dont like about sony is ther pad where your thumbs are so close together. but im not buying some controller device to do this. so i either get used to sony pad / or i get xbox one that MAY not be so impressive compared to ps4 in future years when developers are pushin games to the limit. decisions decisions wish i could hav both :(
  • ragontx - July 12, 2014 5:23 a.m.

I been patiently waiting for the answer for this question ps4 or xb1. the real answer is really what games do you like to play? forget about hardware we know ps4 has the upper hand on that, but is up to the developers to use the resources. Is all about the console exclusive titles halo, FF, god of war, etc etc. Clearly both systems are a step up from the previous. Now for those of us who have friends with both consoles and had a time to test them both while still using the last gen. 360 consoles may notice the changes on the 360 as of lately. I'm very happy so far with 360 and probably will go ps4. Why? because I missed a ton of games for the ps3 that where not on the 360 mostly rpg games. But I really like what MS did with the xbox consoles, it made it easier to adapt to everyone on the house. playing and then wife says i want to watch tv, no problem pause game and switch to tv , want to watch cable No problemo cable here also, darn missed an episode of xyz hulu fast please , anime no problem 360 and xb1 have crunshyroll plus other anime friendly channels lol, want to see xyz player on twich tv again 360 and xbox 1. That i will miss of the xbox systems , ps4 is a stand alone gaming machine with some good apps but not really much there as extras. But, if history repeats again ps4 will have some nice exclusive rpg's more than 360 the only problem is that Sony tends to move things slooooowwly ...for now keeping 360 ..keeping my money until next year to see what is in the future for the two consoles. If I have the chance of getting a ps4 from a friend who wants to go back to xbox I will probably get it since i know it will be cheaper than going to store and paying for it plus taxes lol. The only motivation so far for ps4 is that ..you CAN upgrade the darn hard-drive!!! Really MS !! capping us at 500gb ??? WTF where you thinking ??!!!!!!!!! I'm sure that MS will launch an xb1 with exchangeable drives on the near future since games now require more than a few GB not counting movies and songs and crap you like , demos, baby pics lol etc etc etc ....500gb sucks !!!!
  • bis-limbu - July 21, 2014 2:08 p.m.

You an idiot!?!? Forget the hardware??? Its all about the hardware! Without the hardware games won't run and yes it does make a difference. Hardware decides how much fun youll have on a game. The hardware on consoles are different consoles have lag or bad graphics like the xbox 360 to ps3 the hardware was much better. But this year the PS4 has won. I bought the Xbox one when getting it i was disapointed in videos the graphics on the one looked better but when i experinced the xb1 i realised they had just put more colors in so it would look brighter and seem to look lke it had better grpahics then the ps4 but it was all just microsoft manipulation of advertisement to persuade you to buy the console.... i am gutted and am saving up for a ps4 currently after selling my XB1
  • JustSumRandmGuy - July 2, 2014 4:43 p.m.

"Updated with new info from E3" but they say "Xbox might bring back Crackdown" Hello! Crackdown was announced at E3?! Duh!!