Topics

Valve

• RabidCabbage - May 12, 2011 11:53 p.m.

What a fascinating article.
  • GammaGames - May 12, 2011 11:31 p.m.

thats pretty cool, didnt realise Chelle's true identity o.o And I think I remember a headcrab, i just laughed and moved on though
  • iJizzLots - May 12, 2011 11 p.m.

Headcrab definitely real, saw that shit twice on both playthroughs
  • Max14 - May 12, 2011 9:23 p.m.

So I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this one,but it wasn't mentioned on here,so yeah. Another thing in the first room you wake up in is that the wall opposite the picture,with the desk against it and the big painting,in the corner between the desk and the plant,there is a man walking on the beach I believe,although I can't remember if that is what it was.But when you wake up the second time,the thing that was there originally is replaced by a wolf,howling at the moon.
  • SolarPoweredShitMachine - May 12, 2011 8:53 p.m.

Maybe. Just MAYBE, Chell was at the "Bring Your Daughter to Work" as a mother. And has a daughter called Chell too. Or something like that. This article has made me think too deeply...
  • thelonelysniper - May 12, 2011 8:51 p.m.

@ Charlie Yeah, but the way I see it the lower part of the heart is supposed to be the upper of an Y. Furthermore the signature is written in capital letters, so there's no reason for dotting the I at all..
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - May 12, 2011 8:43 p.m.

@thelonelysniper Yeah, a reader pointed that out to me yesterday - crazy! To be accurate, though, it's "Alix" with a heart dotting the "i"... not "Alyx." Still, I doubt it's a coincidence.
  • Grimi - May 12, 2011 8:35 p.m.

Cool great article didn't know there was so much hidden stuff in Portal 2
  • thelonelysniper - May 12, 2011 8:31 p.m.

You've overlooked another mind blowing one. The third project at the "Bring your daughter to work day" expo is signed by one "Alyx". This means that either Eli or his wife or both have worked at Aperture once.
  • hullonotna - May 12, 2011 8:25 p.m.

Brilliant. Valve and gamesradar have outdone them selves.
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - May 12, 2011 8:23 p.m.

@sorcanna Good eye! I forgot to mention this in the feature, but yeah, if you pause the Turret Song Translated at different points as the elevator is rushing upwards, you can spot some cool stuff. At 00:17 there's a room full of defective turrets, at 00:18 there's a room full of sideways turrets and, as you mention, at 00:21 there's room full of weird alien growth. But you know what I think that is? Chell's potato science project continuing its mutated growth through the floors and ceilings of Aperture. In the background of these scenes, you can also spot a Companion Cube moving through the tubes... I can't tell if it's burned or not, but I suspect this is YOUR Companion Cube on its way to the exit. It arrives only a few seconds after you do, after all.
  • The_Tingler - May 12, 2011 8:16 p.m.

YES, THANK YOU GAMESRADAR I KNOW LA NOIRE IS COMING MAY 20th. Other than that, an excellent feature. The only one you're missing is the fat turret in the lift shaft. Portal 2 isn't over 'til the fat turret sings.
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - May 12, 2011 8:11 p.m.

@v8ninety You do get a different Wheatley response every time you smash another of his monitors, and he grows a little angrier and suspicious of your intentions each time. At first, he's like "bless your primitive brain" then later he's like "People in Africa would love to have one of these monitors" and by the end he's like "I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose." The scenes in the video may have been recorded out of order using different save files.
  • FortyVsZero - May 12, 2011 5:50 p.m.

Fantastic article Charlie
  • superharek - May 12, 2011 5:18 p.m.

In Rat Man Den #7 if you'll hug the wall where glados is painted you'll hear someone talking,it works only with music playing so you wont be able to hear him clearly if you lower the music in the settings,also i dont know if it works in commentary mode only or in normal too.Crazy though,possible that rat man is alive
  • BaraChat - May 12, 2011 4:34 p.m.

I'm pretty sure (like, 99.8%) I saw a headcrab in the chute as well. I don't know if it was as clear as this one, but I saw one, I tell you. In fact it's probably the only "Easter Egg" I've found in the game, so I remember it well.
  • hestar - May 12, 2011 4:32 p.m.

awesome awesome easter eggs.Valve never ceases to amaze me!
  • philipshaw - May 12, 2011 4:11 p.m.

This feature is amazing, I have played through the game twice now (2nd time with the developer commentary) and didn't know about half of these things. Going to play through it a 3rd time when PSN comes back up so I can get the rest of the single player trophies and the Steam Achievements
  • jackthemenace - May 12, 2011 4:04 p.m.

I'm proud at how many of the rat-man dens I actually found. Oh- and I LOVE THE FREAKIN' TURRETS SO MUCH NAO.
  • ZSolid - May 12, 2011 1 p.m.

@aegodbold i see your point. Could it be possible that she IS the daughter of Cave and Caroline but was simply born right before she was Caroline was put in the computer? She couldve gone to the "bring your daughter to work day" with anyone, because her Father once owned the company and now her mother was in charge of it (which any other scientist would jump at the chance to take the bosses daughter for brownie points) but GLaDOS simply saved her from the neuro-toxin. This couldve been done by putting her to sleep with the rest of the test subjects who were also clearly not killed by the Neuro-toxin. As the years went on GLaDOS started to get completely obsessed with the testing and forgot about her. When she awoke for portal 1 she was in a fairly cealed off test chamber, which could've held out the neuro toxin. if she was born in the 70s - 80s she is exactly the age she looks like. not to mention she got a new face so maybe GLaDOS did a touch up on her to? why not. ahahah