Topics

Valve

• Tydude - July 24, 2011 8:50 p.m.

Also, the Fact Core mentions Prometheus also. If you listen at 5:15 in the link, he says: "In Greek myth, Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to human kind. The jewelry he kept for himself." Just another reference.
  • TheGrimSmile - July 17, 2011 6:13 p.m.

So this is an old article, but I didn't discover it until recently (a sad fact indeed) Anyway, one cool little thing about the 7th rat man den that I was in a video, if you go into the den and into the little hallway (via the broken window or the fan grille) and then leave, if you attempt to go up there again, the panel leading to the den will be closed, as will the door in the little hallway. Not sure if someone already mentioned it, but in any case, it's interesting. GLaDOS is apparently a little more concerned about the dens than she lets on.
  • xItZoToMx - July 12, 2011 4:52 p.m.

i dunno if this is on here already but after you go into a certain rat man den (cant remember which one sorry) the fat turret is in the elevator at the end of the chamber.
  • KingArthas94 - July 12, 2011 12:09 p.m.

And... lol yeah, I'm Italian and I didn't had to translate the final song xD Lucky Italian people like me <3
  • roberthastings - July 5, 2011 8:45 p.m.

Aperture Science is heavily implied to have caused the zombie apocalypse featured in Valve's Left 4 Dead series also known as the "Zombie Urban Environment test area". There is hidden area in Left 4 Dead 2 in which you and your teammates are welcomed into the Enrichment center and forced to complete a few tests with the promise of cake at the end. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mE94ocfx9k
  • christaffa-sanders - October 4, 2011 1:30 a.m.

That's a community made map you tool. It's not canon to the Half Life/Portal universe or Left 4 Dead universe. There have been no aperture science references (except for still alive) in either of the left 4 dead games. Neither has there been a reference to Left 4 Dead in any of the half life or portal games. The Half Life/Portal Universe and Left 4 Dead universe are completely different universes. To repeat it has never been implied aperture caused it, it was only in that COMMUNITY made map as a joke.
  • MarkLucero909 - June 29, 2011 7:04 p.m.

You missed one, in the scene where glados tells you this test needs explaining, and it explains at super fast speed, if you slow it down she quotes Moby Dick yet again
  • StephanieNikole89 - September 17, 2011 1:53 a.m.

Dude that one is on this list. She only quotes moby dick once
  • apocalipstick - December 4, 2011 10:52 a.m.

They mentioned that one, it was on like the first page
  • FrenzyClinic - June 17, 2011 9:58 p.m.

You missed one. In your Turret Opera video, there's a Rattmann cameo, complete with companion cube. He runs by really fast, so spotting him might not be easy as you think it is. He appears around the 16 second mark.
  • StephanieNikole89 - September 17, 2011 1:51 a.m.

It's not rat man, there is a you tube vid where they zoomed in, its just companion cube being sent through the shoot to be sent out of the lab after you, as shown in the end.
  • TheillusiveZorua - June 12, 2011 6:16 a.m.

Found a new easter egg (well technically i didn't find it i only saw it because InvaderHaizek pointed it out on youtube) but watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPyGvqNn4Y and pause at around 22-23 seconds in (as the elevator starts movng up) and you'll see Rattman running along the catwalk
  • Overtoad - June 12, 2011 6:06 a.m.

Nice. I would never have guessed at any of the Greek mythological tie-ins or the sound coding and I missed a couple of the Ratman dens... sadly, the more obvious ones. There were a couple of eastereggs that I found not listed here, however. 1) In "Courtesy Call," you noted the change in the painting on the wall between when you wake up the first time and when you wake up the second time. There is another important change, but it is on the wall: when you first awake, there is a mural of a beach with a surfer sitting and watching the sun rise, while when you awake next, night has fallen on the beach and the surfer has transformed into a wolf howling at the moon. I suspect that this and the painting change are part of a normal day/night cycle programmed into the room. 2) If you enter the elevator room of testchamber 12 slowly and keep close to the door, you can observe the opera singer turret in the elevator. As you approach, however, the doors slide shut and the elevator rises. If you look up from close to the elevator, though, you can see that it has stopped not far above you. 3) In testchamber 7, if you stand/crouch very close to the Companion Cube, you can hear soft music emanating from it. 4) In testchamber 16 (turret quartet), the opera turret makes yet another cameo. While standing on the grate through which you can see the four singing turrets, turn around and you'll be able to see her (I assume that it's a girl) standing on the other side of the chasm in a similar container to the others. 5) In testchamber 17 (location of coffee mug + fan Ratman den) there is a second hidden room. Look at the top of the wall towards the enterance and you will see a broken window which you can access using the light bridge. While you cannot walk into this room, you can shoot a portal through the ajar door that will give access to a hallway directly underneath the Ratman den. While in here, the ominous music from all the Ratman dens plays, but that is about the only highlight of the room. It is not accessible after you enter and exit the actual Ratman den, because the door through which you must shoot a portal closes. I think that I found one or two more and I had a list, but I dan't know what I did with it... Oh, well, maybe I'll come back and post some more when I remember them.
  • BertTheTurtle - June 9, 2011 9:33 p.m.

I never noticed P-Body up there! This game never stops amazing me.
  • pl267 - June 3, 2011 11:40 p.m.

I recently found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnfHoi0fKTE Not particularly exciting, but its an easter egg...
  • hairypottah - May 26, 2011 10:04 p.m.

Sorry it's test chamber 11, not 12.
  • hairypottah - May 26, 2011 9:40 p.m.

In chapter 3, Test Chamber 12, right before you get into the elevator, zoom in and you will see a big-fat-turret, like the one you see singing in the "turret-wife" choir. Please someone submit a pic and add it to the list. It's cool and I'll be checking every elevator before I pass the emancipation grid for each other chamber.
  • Valntyne - May 26, 2011 5:31 a.m.

Have you guys notices that Chell has the EXACT hairstyle as Zoey from L4D.
  • frankcap - May 26, 2011 12:40 a.m.

I love this I love the song and I am waiting the alternative final or an expansion
  • caseye - May 21, 2011 6:26 a.m.

It seems you missed a fat turret in one of the elevators when your testing with GLaDOS. I caught a glimpse of it as the elevator was going up. I can't remember which test it was in though. Thanks for the awesome easter egg list!