Topics

Pokemon

• AshleyFox8 - January 20, 2013 9:05 a.m.

Does anyone know what the evolutions for fennekin are yet?
  • poothurdur32 - January 21, 2013 10:55 a.m.

Hmm, let's see here... slightly bigger species of fox... FIRE/FIGHTING TYPE.... a wolf.... FIRE/FIGHTING TYPE.
  • darkanubis - January 19, 2013 8 a.m.

From Gen I to Gen V......I always choose fire type due to there great offence stats supported with good speed stat (emboar was slow but it was bulky).......i'll follow my tradition yet again....i'm going with fennekin.......but i'm confused if it will have the second typeor not.......there was a buzz that it wud be fire/phy or fire/ground upon evolution.............if its the former then it wud have 5 weakness nd 6 resistance again if its the latter it wud have 2 weaknesses i.e water x4 nd ground......4 resistance nd one(electric) immunity........if it stays pure fire type then 3 weakness nd 5 resistance....either way it wud be great for the new region.......
  • LEGOMatrix - January 17, 2013 8:12 p.m.

I usually go with grass so I can easily grind against strong water-types later in the game, but I inevitably lose interest in my starter if I start ev training a team. Fire are my favourite starter type though, as you don't usually get a decent selection of fire pokemon until fairly late in the game anyway.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 17, 2013 7:05 p.m.

Yea, I have no idea who to pick. I might just close my eyes and decide... I think I might go into this generation without knowing any other pokemon, I need a good surprise.
  • C.King - January 17, 2013 5:09 p.m.

if they are gonna do this sub triangle thing in their evolution you think they gonna have the same abilities as the other starters? i wouldn't mind having shinx or budew as a starter if i had the choice since they brought up other
  • XD00175 - January 17, 2013 4:03 p.m.

I'm not sure for this one. I usually go Grass, though I've picked some Waters before. The only Fire types I've ever picked have been Charmander(on Fire Red after beating Leaf Green) and Tepig(on White 2), so I usually don't do Fire. I'm partial to Fennekin, but I really need to know later stages first. However, I'm getting the completely insane idea to go into these games totally blind and be surprised for the first time since I played Sapphire when I was 8.
  • Alexis Berry - January 17, 2013 2:50 p.m.

I usually pick the fire type in the few pokemon games I've played through (excluding pokemon yellow, of course, since you always start with an uber strong pikachu) at first fennekin was my pick, but when i thought about it, I decided to lean towards chespin for now. it looks like it's having the most fun out of the three and it's, in my opinion, the most unique grass starter. but i'll wait until i see the evolutions until i make my final decision.
  • LordzOfChaos - January 17, 2013 1:49 p.m.

torchlit? TORCHLIT?!?!?!?! His name is Torchic. Also I always play as fire, but if this is another fire/fighting I will blow my top. Blaziken was a trendsetter. (and not in a good way)
  • tehtimeisnow - January 17, 2013 11:43 a.m.

pokaman xy is lookeng 2 b the worst one of them all seruoisely they shuold just shut down the franchise cuz its garbege and a gimmeck that littel kids dont even like anymre
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 17, 2013 7:02 p.m.

ya i no rite? i mean da pokemanz is hella gay and shud be ownd by apple cuz everthin apple does is prfect and better den any ps3,xbox,nontendo crap
  • EpicInABox - January 17, 2013 9 p.m.

You my good sir can go suck Windows Di*k
  • AWESOMENESS24X7 - January 20, 2013 12:59 a.m.

1st point :i like it 2nd point :You're an asshole who cant judge well 3rd point :Just because you have steve jobs holding an iPad does NOT give you the right to judge anything or anyone 4th point :if you got to say something bad about pokemon or anything else doesn't mean you say to shut down anything MotherFucker 5th point :Learn English man your Grammar is terrible
  • HyruleKing - February 3, 2013 6:22 p.m.

Says the guy who's profile pic is MW3... Talk about gimmicks that fans don't like anymore... Oh wait... Your spelling is shittier than a 10-year-old, so your either a 7-year-old CoD lover or a troll... Walking away now.
  • FAT47ITY - January 17, 2013 9:14 a.m.

> 2013 > still waiting for fire-water dual type
  • winner2 - January 17, 2013 8:12 a.m.

Chespin it is. I usually pick grass or just the one that's on two legs instead of 4.
  • Person5 - January 17, 2013 8:10 a.m.

I always go fire, I even stuck it out with Tepig, I just really really hope this guy can get away from fire/fighting, I'm really, really sick of it, as I think everyone is.
  • Pruman - January 17, 2013 6:54 a.m.

Also, you can get all three starters quite easily these days by reloading the beginning of the game until you end up with a female one (forget if it's a 1/6 or 1/8 chance), breeding it at the first available opportunity, and then trading on the GTS.
  • Pruman - January 17, 2013 6:53 a.m.

I generally pick the cutest one, which means I've ended up with Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Torchic, and Piplup. I went against that tradition with B/W and picked Snivy, because I thought he was awesome. You can also pick based on how hard you want the game to be. Fire starters generally have an easy time until the last 2 or 3 gyms, Water starters make the game about average difficulty, and picking a Grass starter is like choosing Hard Mode.
  • C.King - January 17, 2013 4:59 p.m.

woah never noticed