• RonnyLive19881 - April 27, 2012 8:08 p.m.

Wow, Sony is always finding new ways to hit a new low Lmao I though they hit rock bottom by ripping off the Wii Remote but now they cloned the game that easily gathers the most hype from Nintendo fans like they just couldn't. It was cute seeing Sony counter Mario with Little Big Planet, Mario Kart with Mod Nation Racers and Little Big Planet Karting, Zelda with 3D Dot Heroes and Wii Sports with Move Sports... it seemed almost legit because most of them have user generated content(although all of the best user made levels are recreated Nintendo levels or even recreated indie game levels Lol) But after watching that video, see how move for move... even the physics and the way the camera catches the action, heck even to an extent the graphics(it looks like a Wii game, I'd go as far as to say Brawl looks better, like Sony purposely made the game look bad mocking Nintendo some how) has been copied... Damn, I'm damn near ashamed to own a PS3 right now, or to even have fallen for Sony's past consoles. If it wasn't for their creative side which I can't ignore as a gamer, I'd like to take a hammer to my PS3. Damn those developers for not choosing the better company Lol
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 27, 2012 8:10 p.m.

*fans like they just couldn't help it. Darn, there needs to be an edit button.
  • taokaka - April 27, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Firstly 3D dot heroes wasn't made or published by sony so why are you bringing that up. And secondly lots of sony fans were asking for a sony smash bros and when sony finally unveils a sony smash bros it's because they're listening to their fans, not because they saw something they like and thought we'll copy it.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 9:11 p.m.

Why are you wasting your time with a very well documented nintendo fanboy/troll? He's not going to listen to reason, y'know?
  • General Zax - April 27, 2012 10:58 p.m.

Actually, as an owner of neither console and therefore biased towards neither, he's right (to an extent.) Though I do realize many people wanted an SSB game for the Playstation, that does not mean that the engine needs to be copied, just the basic structure. Floaty physics and offscreen kills are one thing, but when everything feels about the same, there isn't really any innovation going on. I'll keep a look on this, as it's doubtful that what's been shown are all the features it contains (besides more characters), but judging only from what I know now, it's too similar to the original game not to raise an eyebrow at.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 11:34 p.m.

Oh, I never said it isn't a shameless rip-off, because it is. Actually, that was my very first reaction when I saw the game today. Do I think it's lazy, and an obvious cash in on Sony's franchise? most definitely. Does that make me ashamed of owning a PS3, or making Sony vile hacks? Nope. At worst, it's simply a game I won't bother playing. And business is business, ideas get stolen around all the time, and hating on a company when they do it is kinda silly. Specially when not nearly everything they do is steal or rip off ideas. (Unlike someone like say, gameloft.) And, to Sony's credit, when they copy an idea, they usually do a good job with it, or at least it shows they made an effort. Considering that this game,a t the very least, looks like a pretty solid game both game-play and graphics wise, that alone makes it a potentially good game. The scoring system sounds stupid and unbalanced though. Lastly, all of the above was me digressing anyway, because my main point wasn't that the OP was right or not, but that he's a fanboy always looking for an excuse to rag at anything or anyone that he feels disrespects nintendo. Including bitching at sites that gave Skyward sword a 9. (How dare they, right??) And calling anything that's a 2D platformer a shameless Mario clone, regardless of wether the concept and gameplay itself is radically different or not.
  • talleyXIV - April 27, 2012 9:20 p.m.

LittleBigPlanet and LBP2 are two of the greatest games of all time, they are somewhat similar to Mario but they brought some amazing things to platforming.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 11:38 p.m.

The only similarity those games share with Mario is the genre. That alone isn't nearly enough to call it a rip-off. Considering LBP moves nothing like mario, (floaty jumping, and physics driven.)Levels are laid out differently, dabs in different genres and gameplay mechanics... And oh yeah, the whole customization and level creation thing...
  • metalgatesolid - April 29, 2012 1:05 a.m.

Not too sure how LBP is a rip of Mario. LBP is all about user content. They are both platformers but thats it. Nintendo are the pioneers of milking videogame characters and have largely been very succesfull. Sony are just doing the same. Its like the South Park episode where "The Simpsons did it" someone will always come up with an idea first. Sony just need to make sure it has their stamp on it.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - April 27, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Definitely! When we get hands-on time with more revealed characters, we'll be sure to share our impressions.
  • Cyberninja - April 27, 2012 7:30 p.m.

So will you do this for all characters because this was really helpful for me.