• KidKatana - April 24, 2012 2:30 a.m.

Anyone remember Folklore? It was a PS3 exclusive! And it was good! The lead characters could summon cool monsters and use them to fight! And they had different fighting styles that would translate really well into a fighting game! And maybe if people express interest in the characters it will get a second chance as a franchise! Ah, who am I kidding. It was made by the studio that did the Giant Enemy Crab game. Let's just say Ezio. Yeh. He'll do.
  • taokaka - April 24, 2012 5 a.m.

Folklore is sitting in my pile of shame now, I've only played a couple of hours but it definitely deserves more attention. Unfortunately I doubt a character from it will ever make it into the game, to this day I've only seen one other copy of folklore that wasn't my own which makes me question how well it sold.
  • jmcgrotty - April 24, 2012 1:34 a.m.

Thank God you want a character from Ratcher and Clank. The characters are always getting overshadowed by those from Ratchet and Clank. And wow, I'm not that young (I was in college when the PSX came out and pre-ordered it) but I completely forgot about Polygon Man. What a blast from the past. To make it even better, when he beats you, have the female voice say "You Are Not Ready"
  • IceBlueKirby - April 23, 2012 11:26 p.m.

I just wonder if this will be a 2.5D fighting game or a fully 3D one like Ehrgeiz or Powerstone. Either one would be great, it would just be a little odd to see some of the characters in a 2.5D setting. Except Kratos, since he proved in Mortal Kombat that you don't need all three dimensions to kick ass.
  • fanfundy - April 23, 2012 9:11 p.m.

How about a few Dino Crisis or Parasite Eve characters?
  • archnite - April 23, 2012 8:12 p.m.

Yeah someone mentioned Heavenly Sword! Touche on Resistance/Killzone Toche, luls were had. Instead of Klonoa should of had the graphics from GT5.
  • taokaka - April 23, 2012 7:30 p.m.

Klonoa is starting to get some love on gamesradar. The hawks from Starhawk would be a great choice, they could be mechs for most of the match but have a dash attack where they turn into a jet and transforming back could be the recovery animation. Also the space ship from super stardust would be awesome, I don't know how it would work but it would be great. wind>journey person
  • Hobogonigal - April 24, 2012 3:29 a.m.

I totally agree with the Starhawk mechs. It would be awesome to see them transforming in a sort of Zelda/Sheik fashion.
  • jdognasty - April 23, 2012 7:13 p.m.

How about Issac from dead space? Variety of weapons, strong melee attacks, he can play like snake did in brawl.
  • pr0tostar - April 23, 2012 6:08 p.m.

Thinking about it, Journey-dude would be pretty awesome if they implemented those "magic-carpet birds" to his attacks. His beacon could probably serve as some kind of defense mechanism or attack. And maybe something involving those flying stone serpents ripping his opponent apart as his Smash attack. Heck there's even an Ice Climbers-esque potential to him if he wasplayed as a pair lol.
  • Jackelsburg - April 23, 2012 5:29 p.m.

I say the King of All Cosmos And this is probably a strange one but one of the characters from Closure (or a stage from it would be cool).
  • Rub3z - April 25, 2012 12:16 p.m.

King of All Cosmos = Very yes.
  • codystovall - April 23, 2012 4:59 p.m.

Cant have crash without spyro but can sony get him? Tony hawk beating the shit outta people with a skateboard.
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 11:05 a.m.

I love how shamelessly copy-pasted the entry for Killzone and resistance was XD On that note, you guys could put a name on the Helghast Soldier: Radek. He's pretty much a masked Helghast soldier, but he's the VILLAIN. Also also, it's a pretty solid list, but I'm thinking you guys could expand and get some more characters from some of those franchises? Like Zeus from GoW. Or Kuo or Nix From Infamous 2. Or Cutter or Sully (!) from uncharted. (C'mon, who wouldn't love to see sully kick some ass?) Also also also, even though it hasn't come out, I'm thinking the black guy protagonist from Starhawk could also be a good candidate?
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 11:17 a.m.

blah, for some reason, the reply was tacked on here. This wasn't meant to be a reply to this, I apologize. Mods, feel free to erase both of these posts.
  • Schnipke - April 23, 2012 4:45 p.m.

those I would love to see Hero (Dragon Quest VIII) Raz (Psychonauts) Sora (Kingdom Hearts) Amaterasu (Okami)
  • jdognasty - April 23, 2012 7:14 p.m.

HOW THE HELL DID I NOT THINK OF HERO OR SORA!?!?!?!? i am ashamed to own a ps2 and 2 of the best games ever made
  • AznNguyen72 - April 23, 2012 10:02 p.m.

I totally agree with your choices especially Amaterasu but I would also add the playable characters from Odin Sphere like Gwendolyn, Oswald, and Cornelius. Plus some other characters like: Raiden(Metal Gear Solid) Riku(Kingdom Hearts) Dart(The Legend of Dragoon) Emmett Graves(Starhawk) Some guys from .hack//G.U. and even Rau Utu(The Mark of Kri)
  • winner2 - April 23, 2012 4:40 p.m.

Croc and Spyro
  • suicidali - April 23, 2012 4:37 p.m.

A couple of other characters from the top of my head: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) Kazuya (Tekken) Raziel (Legacy Of Kain) Spike (Ape Escape) Lammy (UmJammer Lammy) Vibri (Vib Ribbon) Nissan Skyline (Gran Turismo) I mean, there was a Sega fighting crossover game where you could fight as a Daytona racing car, so why not? I'd totally main Vibri if she was in. And Buzz.