• thuggie1 - January 13, 2014 5:43 a.m.

the ouya for what it is not bad console, second compering to virtual boy is just retarded, Nintendo where never fully sold on the virtual that is why they gave it a mono colour desplay it was doomed from the start. also Sega should have kept with Sega Saturn and fully developed Dreamcast and not used a windows based OS which ment people piret their games from day one. comparing any other console with another one from three ofr four gens back is rediculus, the ouya will well with android crowd. also when Xbox 360 and ps3 came out with new bigger hard drive models where they in trouble I think not.
  • Malakie - November 19, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Umm never heard of it! Perhaps if they had advertised it a bit sales would pick up because now that I know about this android based system , I am definitely going to look into getting one...
  • freeden - November 19, 2013 12:12 p.m.

I still don't understand why you would make yourself entirely based on Android. Android games are mediocre compared to their competition. Ouya will never have that killer title because they will never be able to one up the competition. It was silly to think that, simply because the console is cheaper than everyone else, it would have some kind of shelf life. The thinking behind something like an Android based console is that, simply because it's cheap, people will be willing to buy it. But gamers want quality games. Android games are good enough for my phone, but when it comes to console gaming, there needs to be quality above and beyond what an Android based system can provide. This console never really stood a chance.
  • db1331 - November 19, 2013 8:58 a.m.

I don't understand how anyone couldn't have seen this thing for the colossal failure it is the moment it was announced. This thing makes the Virtual Boy look like a god damn Xbox 360.
  • Shnubby - November 19, 2013 7:31 a.m.

Dreamcast is, and always will be, my favourite console of all time!
  • jedisamurai - November 19, 2013 12:52 p.m.

Ditto!
  • Shnubby - November 19, 2013 5:24 p.m.

Such a shame we never got Shenmue III!
  • Redeater - November 19, 2013 4:51 a.m.

I was mildly interested until I heard about how cheap and flimsy the controller was. If there is one thing you don't scrimp on it's something people are going to have in their hand for hours on end.
  • Ensoul - November 19, 2013 7:35 a.m.

I've heard the same. :-/ "affordable alternatives like the Vita TV’s eventual stateside release (it is eventual, dammit)" I hope so.
  • jsty3105 - November 19, 2013 4:21 a.m.

Hmm... reading comprehension fail from the people commenting above unfortunately. It was the author of the article who compared the white Ouya with the Dreamcast. Nobody from Ouya has compared their console with the Dreamcast.
  • BladedFalcon - November 19, 2013 12:06 p.m.

They don't need to, their choice of color spoke for them. Or are you seriously going to tell me that's a coincidence? Don't be naive.
  • brickman409 - November 19, 2013 6:17 p.m.

Yes, because the Dreamcast was the only console to ever be in white
  • BladedFalcon - November 19, 2013 9:55 p.m.

It's the only one that has an orange, circular logo as the stand out color. Again, you have to be either blind, in denial, or just plain stupid if you can't see the obvious resemblance.
  • brickman409 - November 19, 2013 11:20 p.m.

yeah, that orange logo. It used to be purple or red on the black version. They changed it just for this white version. You got a point there.
  • BladedFalcon - November 19, 2013 11:30 p.m.

There you go, you just can't convince me and say that was "accidental" or a coincidence...
  • Oujisama - November 18, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Turns out nobody actually wants an android console...
  • Cwf2008 - November 18, 2013 6:18 p.m.

I forgot this thing even existed. Hell, I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.
  • Swedish_Chef - November 18, 2013 6:04 p.m.

Ouya comparing itself to the Dreamcast. ALL OF MY NOPE!
  • Jackonomics - November 18, 2013 5:42 p.m.

That's utterly disgusting to even have the Ouya mentioned in the same paragraph as Dreamcast. Hell no.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - November 18, 2013 5:39 p.m.

Ouya comparing itself to the Dreamcast is pretty insulting to the Dreamcast, I'd say.