• claytonmiller - March 26, 2011 4:22 p.m.

@jmcgrotty I actually just tried one, and it was... I don't really know how to describe it. Uncanny, trippy, impressive? Those words work, but don't really do it justice. It really adds a sense of depth. Honestly, if 3D was the ONLY thing going for it, I might be a bit concerned. But it also has soooo much more than the previous iterations. All the different control schemes (well, okay, about 3) are definitely a plus. Being able to get all sorts of content while the system is in sleep mode is great. It already looks like it has excellent 3rd party support, and being able to browse the internet while a game is paused? My PS3 doesn't even let me do that. That being said, only time will tell if developers are willing to actually utilize 3D in a way that is both intuitive and immersive (why doesn't spellcheck recognize that as a word?), but I have really high hopes for the system.
  • philipshaw - March 24, 2011 4:07 p.m.

I will check this stuff out when I get one tonight
  • jmcgrotty - March 24, 2011 9:06 a.m.

I'm a bit scared. People, please, please, please tell me that you are kidding when you say that there is anything appealing about this. It is the absolutely most pathetic feature ever added to a game system... dear God. So, usually I can pick up on sarcasm, but I am afraid in this case, you guys might be serious. Please, don't be serious. (as to Ravenborn, don't worry about the umlauts and cyrillic characters. Just type in something that looks close to them on your keyboard... in other words, ignore the umlaut part. ReCaptcha is very, VERY inaccurate and forgiving. )
  • Robusken - March 24, 2011 3:04 a.m.

again, real relieved theres alota fun to be had even without the games. Surley I will turn into a 10 year old once I get my hands on the camera.
  • shawksta - March 24, 2011 2:50 a.m.

AWESOME! I cant wait to get my 3DS to do this stuff! Guys, you can move the cards while your using them on the camera
  • ssj4raditz - March 24, 2011 1:56 a.m.

Great, that final photo made my head explode. Thanks GR, now I've gotta go to the new head shop. It was worth it, though.
  • super0sonic - March 23, 2011 11:31 p.m.

OMG!!!!
  • Ravenbom - March 23, 2011 11:14 p.m.

Whoa! I was going to wait, but now I think I might have to order a 3DS! ALSO: WTF recaptcha? My cyrillic keyboard is broken right now and I traded my simplified Chinese keyboard for an ancient cuneiform one. Seriously, I just want to comment and how am I supposed to know how to make umlauts?
  • tyler_14_420 - March 23, 2011 7:42 p.m.

This is pretty cool stuff. I missed the demo at my local EB Games so I guess I'll just have to wait until Sunday. :) I'm so excited.
  • theworldendswithpoo - March 23, 2011 6:25 p.m.

Holy crap! I was going to wait until some decent games come out for it, but I think I have to get a 3DS now!
  • Nap1400 - March 23, 2011 6:24 p.m.

Awesome! Now Nintendo needs to make more games for AR that feature Nintendo characters. Imagine your sock drawer becoming a dungeon for Link to explore...
  • Sinosaur - March 23, 2011 5:06 p.m.

You're spending $250 on a cool device for dicking around with cameras and such, why would you want to spend even more money on games when it's already clearly the most awesome thing ever for fapping about?
  • shamrock77 - March 23, 2011 5:06 p.m.

The real challenge will be getting those pre-positioned characters in a compromising pose on your Dikmin
  • nedubis - March 23, 2011 4:41 p.m.

Would still prefer some games! Loved the last photo though.
  • ChiChiRocket - March 23, 2011 4:23 p.m.

I can't wait to start taking shots of my cats eating Pikmin.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 23, 2011 4:02 p.m.

Make this happen. As soon as you have 3DSes, make this happen. I'll be watching the forums.
  • GameManiac - March 23, 2011 4:02 p.m.

I wonder if Nintendo will expand on this? Sure looks like a lot of fun.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - March 23, 2011 3:58 p.m.

Raisonbread has an amazing idea. Perhaps we should resurrect the "action figures doing it" thread just for this. XD
  • Nintendophile - March 23, 2011 3:51 p.m.

(Edit)Sorry, I meant @raisonbread.
  • Nintendophile - March 23, 2011 3:50 p.m.

@Japanaman: I agree. I surprised they didn't have a series of shots with the characters in compromising positions with action figures. Hehe.